PDA

View Full Version : best gauges

rtgogo
10-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Please let me hear some opinions on gauge options. I'd like to upgrade to a GPS speedo this winter and plan on powder coating my dash panels and replacing my depth finder so think it may be time to add some bling to my 22zx. Main Panel won't fit the monster tach and speedo so looking to compare options. I searched the forum and found a few negative comments about the Livorsi setup and since this is what I was planning to buy, figured I'd ask advice before pulling the trigger. Seem to be a lot of options in the market and not sure which ones are junk. Any advice on brands to buy or avoid is appreciated.

Thanks guys....

Mr X
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
IMO, the Livorsi are not very accurate......and are poor quality.

I would go with Nordskog, if price is not a factor.

http://www.nordskogperformance.net/

BlownCrewCab
10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
In the past if you wanted an accurate speedo (before the gps speedo came out) Nordskog was the best, Gaffrig copied the Nordskog set up (Yes Nordskog is the same Family/Guy that started Powerboat magazine) even when the GPS speedo's came out Nordskog set the standard, then Gafrig/livorsi Hired the "same Guy" to build their gps speedo. When the 270* sweep gauges came out Nordskog Came up with it, Guess who followed?? when the servo stepper gauge motor came out-Yep Nordskog. Anyway, if you want top of the line (for probably less than Gaffrig/Livorsi) Nordskogs is the Standard everyone else is measured by (but they don't know it) If I was going to buy new gauges in the near future thats what I'd get, and every time you call you'll talk to a person, probably the same person that did most of the assembly & test work on your gauges, not someone who Ordered your gauge from someone who ordered it from someone else who bought a "Lot" of gauges to get a good price..............Get the Nordskogs, No worries....

gcarter
10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
If you look closely at a Livorsi, it will say it's made by Auto Meter.
Not that there's anything wrong w/Auto Meter......

Madcow
10-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Had a Nordskog in my Sonic for 5 years without a single problem. Have a Gaffrig in the Donzi and i NEVER have a day when it works right all the time.

CHACHI
10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Installed Auto Meters in my 22, very happy.

Ken

VetteLT193
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Gaffrig has terrible customer service in my experience. Livorsi seems to have good customer service. You'll probably need the customer service if you go with either. On my new boat one of the Livorsi tachs is already toast. Condensation in half the gauges. I have the regular style Livorsi's. I'm not sure if they are autometer or not, I think only the Monsters are autometer.

Nordskog doesn't have the bling factor but work. VDO makes a great product too. Never really had a problem with VDO gauges.

BlownCrewCab
10-26-2009, 08:10 AM
My bosses son has a full compliment of Nordskog gauges in his Circle track car, each one has programable presets, Alarms, etc. Seems like nice stuff.

Madcow
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Nordskog doesn't have the bling factor .

I disagree. That was one of the factors that helped me decide to put them in my Sonic. I thought it was cool that nobody else had them.

As to Gafrigs customer service. I have had very little help with my speedo issues.:garfield:

rtgogo
10-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys...I appreciate your help...

Forrest
10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
I won't buy Livorsi gauges for any of my boats again. I have the older Gaffrig Lavorsi made/marketed gauges in my Magnum and the sun has clouded the plastic lenses so badly that you hardly read them now, and for that reason, all ten gauges have to be replaced. :frown: