PDA

View Full Version : Ran the Chattanooga Poker run this weekend

The Hedgehog
10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Yes it was chilly. I need one of those face masks that Tripper is going to use.

I was the only Donzi there. It was a great run. We ran 90 miles. It was Fountain Central. Those buys from Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville (a few other places too) are not scared. Most of the pack was running over 80 as we came into downtown. Let's just say that I was glad to have those tabs to keep it settled while dancing around cross wakes at 85. I kept it mostly above 70 all the way back down the gorge. I ran out ahead for a while until Gerald in his 42 Fountain and Ron Sporl with a 120 mph cat came running up. That was not battle for me! I would say that most of the boats ran in the 90's.

I would recommend the run for this crowd. These guys ran hard but safe. It was a nice group of fun loving people. The attitudes were laid back and the drinks flowed well after the run. Great time in a beautiful place.

Not a bad way to celebrate my 40th. Stage two of the party is coming up!

mrfixxall
10-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes it was chilly. I need one of those face masks that Tripper is going to use.
I was the only Donzi there. It was a great run. We ran 90 miles. It was Fountain Central. Those buys from Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville (a few other places too) are not scared. Most of the pack was running over 80 as we came into downtown. Let's just say that I was glad to have those tabs to keep it settled while dancing around cross wakes at 85. I kept it mostly above 70 all the way back down the gorge. I ran out ahead for a while until Gerald in his 42 Fountain and Ron Sporl with a 120 mph cat came running up. That was not battle for me! I would say that most of the boats ran in the 90's.
I would recommend the run for this crowd. These guys ran hard but safe. It was a nice group of fun loving people. The attitudes were laid back and the drinks flowed well after the run. Great time in a beautiful place.
Not a bad way to celebrate my 40th. Stage two of the party is coming up!

Sounds like you had a great time,,

BTW Happy late birthday!! :happy_bi::beer:

Donzi Vol
10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Sounds like a blast! Happy birthday, my friend! Hope it was a good one all the way around. Did Mr. Rodgers get you something nice?

oledawg
10-26-2009, 05:34 AM
I would have to be the ole dawg that stays on the porch, my old '88 22C is not in the league with those guys. Maybe they could handicap the 60 - 70 mph boats! That had to be an awesome sight/sound for anyone seeing that group coming up the river! Woo Hoo! Any videos?

The Hedgehog
10-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys.

They talked about doing it in heats like 60 mph, 70 mph and 80+ mph. Everyone kind of wanted to run together. Once we got up in speed the individual speed levels all sort of ran together. There were a few 60-70 mph boats. Those guys had a blast too. We all waited up at some of the stops to keep it closer together.

There was only one break down. That was a 28' Nordic Heat. He was pushing around 900hp and ran similar numbers to me. He was not short of sack. He busted a line and lost all oil pressure. He shut it down pretty quick and seems to be ok. His happened about 3 miles from the marina.

I ran with the guy in the Heat for a while. We were running along at 85 dancing in the cross wakes. That is about as fast as I like to run with passengers in that kind of water. He had an opening on the left and pushed up into the 90's. I had traffic on the right so I let him have it. He had an impressive boat but could not do some 90 mph passes at the end of the day.

The Hedgehog
10-26-2009, 10:47 AM
It would have been really cool if 5 or 6 Donzi's would have showed up. It was a great crowd. Fun loving but not too much attitude.