PDA

View Full Version : 2000 28ZX Winter Project

Trueser
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Well I decided that we needed something for this long winter ahead.

Pulled the motors too upgrade a few things and add a little extra support for Lake Michigan. Found my nagging oil leak.

Going for 2010 AOTH 28ZX Choice Award!!!!!

Trueser
10-23-2009, 06:29 AM
You have that in stock?

Does SMarine come in Scorpion Blue?

The Hedgehog
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Well I decided that we needed something for this long winter ahead.

Pulled the motors too upgrade a few things and add a little extra support for Lake Michigan. Found my nagging oil leak.

Going for 2010 AOTH 28ZX Choice Award!!!!!

Hmm, the 2010 Choice Award. I guess that would be the third fastest ZX like last year.

Trueser
10-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Hmm, the 2010 Choice Award. I guess that would be the third fastest ZX like last year.

Didn't yours break down? So it would be the second fastest.

And is that burst speed or Gero's speed? Run wide open all the way to Lee's Ford.

The choice award was not for speed.

xedmoc
10-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I think I know that location...

Eric aka XEDMOC :popcorn:

gero1
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
the little wheel thingy encased by aluminum on each motor is a go i see, i guess if the black hawk don't sell next summer i will have to do a lil sum sum just to keep yall in sight. i will have to consult with the commodore and the capt on next winter's plans

BigGrizzly
10-24-2009, 09:28 AM
here we go again.:yes:

FISHIN SUCKS
10-24-2009, 12:21 PM
.....win the choice award:confused:???? The judges were bribed:wink:.....or the judges don't like lights:boggled:!!! So colored hoses are what puts ya in the winners circle, huh? I can do that:kingme:?

Trueser
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Updated Pictures

FISHIN SUCKS
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
So are ya sayin I need to add extra bracing in my bilge floor? I don't have any cracking in there that I can see.

Trueser
12-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Get some glasses old man...

The Hedgehog
12-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Didn't yours break down? So it would be the second fastest.

And is that burst speed or Gero's speed? Run wide open all the way to Lee's Ford.

The choice award was not for speed.

Yeah, mine broke. Sometimes that happens if you want to go real fast (not just sort of fast).Lol Happens to Blue Motors too. On the other hand, I seem to remember that you were one of the smart people on the run to Lee's Ford. One of the people in the back, you know with me and Gero.:pimp:

As burst vs running hard for a long time, well the video from the Chattanooga Poker run tells that story. Let's see...the first card stop was at 37 miles on a 90 mile run and the video was shot at somewhere around the 60 mile point. I am pretty sure that those Scorps would be screaming for an oil cooler by then.

Nice winter project you have going there. Are you doing the oil coolers?

The Hedgehog
12-01-2009, 06:04 PM
.....win the choice award:confused:???? The judges were bribed:wink:.....or the judges don't like lights:boggled:!!! So colored hoses are what puts ya in the winners circle, huh? I can do that:kingme:?

I think that they may have seen the lights and been frightened. They were the kind of lights that made Hedg stop by and see what was going on!:pimp:

FISHIN SUCKS
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Get some glasses old man...
Glasses? Glasses? I got Lasik. I got no cracks Mikey. I must not be fast enough to have any problems.

FISHIN SUCKS
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I think that they may have seen the lights and been frightened. They were the kind of lights that made Hedg stop by and see what was going on!:pimp:
Lights are a good thing........the majority of the population is fascinated by shiny flashy objects! So I thought so, guess not. Eh, I don't care, I like our lights/light show:kingme:!

The Hedgehog
12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Lights are a good thing........the majority of the population is fascinated by shiny flashy objects! So I thought so, guess not. Eh, I don't care, I like our lights/light show:kingme:!

And that is what is important. Not how many you brought along to vote but how much fun you can have.

Now I am off to find some Disco Lights for my Christmas Tree:kingme:

mrfixxall
12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Updated Pictures

Trueser? Arn't they soppose to be in a v pattern:confused: thats how formula,cigarette,outterlimits etc ets does them..

Trueser
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Trueser? Arn't they soppose to be in a v pattern:confused: thats how formula,cigarette,outterlimits etc ets does them..

Not in my opinion. This way it adds to stringer strength. Show me a picture.

If anything they do it that way because it would be easier.

Trueser
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
And that is what is important. Not how many you brought along to vote but how much fun you can have.

Now I am off to find some Disco Lights for my Christmas Tree:kingme:

Nice...... And Yes I will be adding coolers!

mrfixxall
12-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Not in my opinion. This way it adds to stringer strength. Show me a picture.

If anything they do it that way because it would be easier.

My boat is all covered and is a pain in the azz to uncover,ill get a pic when i can next time i have the cover off..

The Hedgehog
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice...... And Yes I will be adding coolers!

Good man. Your Scorps will thank you for it. That will make for a happy boat after the run to Lee's Ford.

Trueser
04-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Installed backing plate. and moved a few things around.

added oil temp / water pressure!

Sweet Cheekz
04-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Looks great When does it hit the water?
Parnell

FISHIN SUCKS
04-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Lookin good Mikey! What's with the plates on the floor by the bulkhead? something level to stand on? do you keep your weed in there? You're a BIG DEAL:kingme:!!!

xedmoc
04-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Mike,

What are the gauges to the right of the throttle?

Eric

--

Trueser
04-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Lookin good Mikey! What's with the plates on the floor by the bulkhead? something level to stand on? do you keep your weed in there? You're a BIG DEAL:kingme:!!!

I'm a big deal!!! They cover the transformers for my neon lights.

Trueser
04-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Mike,

What are the gauges to the right of the throttle?

Eric

--

Moved the volt meters!

Trueser
04-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Looks great When does it hit the water?
Parnell

Hopefully before I head to AOTH 2010>>>>

VetteLT193
04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Did those throttles come like that from the factory?

Mine are together, meaning, shifters together on the left, throttles together on the right.

If you changed it, is it recent? and why? just curious. I find it a PITA to separate the sticks now around the docks but I am not sure if it would be better split like that :cool:

FISHIN SUCKS
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm a big deal!!! They cover the transformers for my neon lights.
:rlol:

Trueser
04-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Did those throttles come like that from the factory?

Mine are together, meaning, shifters together on the left, throttles together on the right.

If you changed it, is it recent? and why? just curious. I find it a PITA to separate the sticks now around the docks but I am not sure if it would be better split like that :cool:

Before the side panel change I found that they had no room against the wall with the throttles. I picked up that set so I could have dual trim switches. I also find it easier to shift when they are apart.

You could move your around without buying anything. hardest part is if you have cable slack!

If you start off a new year like that you may be ok. They work allot easier.

I also pulled the stock crap 33c cables out and replaced them.

Worth the swap around for sure!!!!!

VetteLT193
05-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I can't remember exactly what thread you asked me about my steering and the lack of backing plates...

I was in the bilge today and my steering came from the factory with backing plates... again, mine is Latham from the factory. No freaking clue what made Donzi pick what system on what boat. Maybe price at the exact moment. :bonk:

Trueser
05-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Backing plate!

Motors have made it back into the boat.

9 days available.

gero1
05-10-2010, 11:23 PM
looking good t!!!! i only have 4 days to work and then off for 9!!!!!! what about h.f.w.c.d???????

Trueser
05-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Motors/Exhaust/drives are done, Got home @ 2:00am

Only a few things left, I need to find some Syn Hydrolic oil.

Looks like I should be done by Sunday.

CHACHI
05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Motors/Exhaust/drives are done, Got home @ 2:00am

Only a few things left, I need to find some Syn Hydrolic oil.

Looks like I should be done by Sunday.
Truser, synthetic hydraulic oil, for what and how much?

Ken

Trueser
05-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Truser, synthetic hydraulic oil, for what and how much?

Ken

Maybe 2-3 quarts for the hydraulic steering. Was told by Manf not to use Trans oil.

CHACHI
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Who is the mfg of the steering?

Synthetic hyd oil is going to be tough to find in small quanities.

Mobil 1 ATF IS a hyd fluid, like all ATF's.

Another choice might be a full synthetic motorcycle suspension fluid.
Shocks and forks are hydraulic dampers and that fluid is available is small quanities.

What brand/type of fluid did the manufacturer reccommend?

Ken

mrfixxall
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Who is the mfg of the steering?

Synthetic hyd oil is going to be tough to find in small quanities.

Mobil 1 ATF IS a hyd fluid, like all ATF's.

Another choice might be a full synthetic motorcycle suspension fluid.
Shocks and forks are hydraulic dampers and that fluid is available is small quanities.

What brand/type of fluid did the manufacturer reccommend?

Ken

Bmw's trans fluid is synthetic,yellow in color but 28.00 a liter:shocking:

LOOKING MIKE :)

CJmike
05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
http://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-power-steering-fluid

The Hedgehog
05-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I have no idea why you would need to use synthetic hydraulic fluid in a steering system.

It should not hurt anything but then I don't see it helping anything either.

In larger hydraulic systems like I have on the Roamer, they say that hydraulic fluid works better in the summer and trans fluid works better in the winter.

The guys around here use ordinary hydraulic fluid in their Skaters, Outerlimits and the like. They have the good stuff from IMCO, Latham and the like.

osur866
05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
If I remember correctly Latham says transmission fluid, I used synthetic trans. fluid when I installed my Latham system 2 years ago, hadn't had any problems and the resivour tank looks like it did when I filled it. Steve

The Hedgehog
05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Be sure to change that oil in the trim pump. The people's choice inspectors will be taste testing to make sure it is fresh and synthetic.

bgdann
04-15-2011, 06:17 AM
I have 2000 zx scorpion and have a minor oil leak that is driving me CRAZY!!! It underneath(377s) an I cannot locate it and really don't wanna pull motors. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Trueser
09-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Most likely the real seal. Pull the motors.

easy stuff.