PDA

View Full Version : Magic Eraser

daved
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
I had to share this with people. I have been cleaning up my 86' 22 classic and the white interior has proven to be very hard to clean. I tried every product I could buy and even made my own cleaner using a bit of bleach. Just for sh*%s and giggles I tried Magic eraser and the white is almost perfectly clean. Has anyone else tried this on a boat? I am usually a day late with this stuff but just in case I wanted people to know this. Someone on this site gave me a tip to use toilet bowl cleaner,The Works, on the bottom to get the brown stain from the lake off and the bottom is now pure white. Boat goes in next week for a paint job on the red oxidized sides. Juse winterized the motor so it's a long wait to show it off.
Dave

Air 22
10-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Majic Eraser's are awsome:yes:...they work very well in the eng compartment, interior and seats :pimp: :wink:

BlownCrewCab
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Though they look so simple, they clean Very well. I use them allot and recomend them every chance I get.....Great for cleaning the Bath tub we Bathe the dogs in, works like a charm...

Planetwarmer
10-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I wish they were bigger. After cleaning every square inch of upholstery, the ol hand is in rough shape.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I have found that even the cheap generics of the magic eraser work well too. I am a fan of them, keep them on board at all times:yes:.

Forrest
10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I found that all the "Magic Erasers" whether the Mr. Clean brand or generic, are all the same, and they really work on all sorts of stuff. I bought a big no-name box of about 100 or so of them on eBay for cheap awhile back and use them all the time.

brwn234
10-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I found that all the "Magic Erasers" whether the Mr. Clean brand or generic, are all the same, and they really work on all sorts of stuff. I bought a big no-name box of about 100 or so of them on eBay for cheap awhile back and use them all the time.

Ditto....bulk on ebay is alot cheaper than paying $1 a piece at Wally World.

Conquistador_del_mar
10-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the tip about having them on ebay - I just bought a box of 100 since I really like them around the house and shop. Bill

jimishooch
10-23-2009, 08:37 AM
use a spray on vinyl conditioner after the magic erasers...........

Carl C
10-23-2009, 08:42 AM
ChromeGorilla told me about the magic erasers years ago. They are magic aren't they? And I also use the vinyl conditioner after. Someone mentioned that some contain bleach that could harm the stitching so I wipe them down with water after "erasing" them, then the conditioner.

mattyboy
10-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Carl

yes I found that some of the knockoff types or generic brand of erasers have bleach, to my knowledge the mr clean ones don't well atleast the pkg says it doesn't things might have changed once i got burnt a few years back I stopped using them

bleach once it is on there wrecks havoc on older interiors even if it is washed down afterwards

Trueser
10-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Carl

yes I found that some of the knockoff types or generic brand of erasers have bleach, to my knowledge the mr clean ones don't well atleast the pkg says it doesn't things might have changed once i got burnt a few years back I stopped using them

bleach once it is on there wrecks havoc on older interiors even if it is washed down afterwards

I agree that using these will shorten the life of you interior.

19donziz29
10-23-2009, 11:24 AM
I use BioKleen on my McLeod interior. Met them down at the Ozarks Shootout a couple years ago and they were right next to the McLeod booth. It works great and I order the big bottles online. I use the clean and then follow up with the armor. Those Mr Clean do work also, just haven't had to go that far with this new interior.

http://www.biokleen.com/marineandrv.asp

blackhawk
10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I have used all kinds of safe cleaners on my vinyl. A few years ago I got a stain from a plastic bag in my seat and nothing would touch it. I tried a magic eraser and it didn't touch it either. BUT, it made my what i thought was clean vinyl amazingly white! I wouldn't use it all the time as it seems something that strong may be rough on the vinyl(I could be wrong) but I use it once a year to really brighten it up the follow up with 303 protectant.

BTW the stain faded in the sun and was gone in 3-4 weeks.