PDA

View Full Version : Cover repair

VetteLT193
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I somehow managed to put a small 1-2 inch tear in my boat cover (canvas material). I didn't get around to finding a patch kit for the last couple of weeks... now it's a 10" X 5" L shaped rip. Wonderful.

Anyone successfully use a patch kit on a cover? if so, which one did you get? or, are there other solutions?

MOP
10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I had good luck with the iron patch material on a fairly new canvas lounge chair, it held up fine for three years.

Trueser
10-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Sunbrella?

I would take it to a repair place that can patch it up.

Ghost
10-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Sunbrella?

Ditto that big time.

Cuda
10-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Sunbrella?

Yes.

LKSD
10-21-2009, 07:40 AM
I somehow managed to put a small 1-2 inch tear in my boat cover (canvas material). I didn't get around to finding a patch kit for the last couple of weeks... now it's a 10" X 5" L shaped rip. Wonderful.
Anyone successfully use a patch kit on a cover? if so, which one did you get? or, are there other solutions?

Stitching it closed & possibly reinforcing it from underneath. We have made & repaired many covers in our Upholstery division of the shop as well as other other stuff.. :) Jamie

oledawg
10-21-2009, 07:46 AM
I guess that there isn't anyone that actually makes/sells cockpit covers for a '88 Classic 22? Got to be someone, somewhere, that has the patterns for these things!

LKSD
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
We do, but I dont do them without the boat. We hand fit each one.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

VetteLT193
10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Stitching it closed & possibly reinforcing it from underneath. We have made & repaired many covers in our Upholstery division of the shop as well as other other stuff.. :) Jamie

The funniest (well, not that funny) part of this is there is re-enforcement just a few inches away. I just managed to miss that somehow. The re-enforcement is stopping the tear on one side at least.

I guess I'll take it to a canvas shop then. Hopefully they aren't so busy now that it's getting a bit chilly.