PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into model trains/fantqastic

MOP
10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Over 12,000 sqft. of display pretty unbelievable!

http://www.northlandz.com/

Last Tango
10-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I am a toy train collector.
Now that I am out of the closet on this board about that, I will also tell you that I have been to Northlandz... twice.

Worth the drive. Worth the pawltry little entrance fee. Prepare to be entertained and amazed for quite a while. Cheaper and longer lasting fun than going to a movie. And I LOVE going to the movies. And not unreasonably far from the National Toy Train Museum in Strasburg, PA.

I have an extensive collection of toy trains. I have been collecting for about 30 years. My focus in not on the scale or the manufacturer, but on Chessie System - with the Sleeping Kitten logo. All scales, from Z to G. All manufacturers. Just has to have the sleeping kitten logo.

I also have many toy trains that do not fall into the Chessie System/Sleeping kitten logo format. At one point I had collected every last single toy train piece related to Hershey's Chocolate products. Then I sold it in its entirety to another collector.

I also have some "special pieces" like the Lionel flat car carrying a yellow Donzi Z25. Because it is far more difficult to make plastic boats with outdrives, this one was cast as an inboard.
No... it's not for sale.

chappy
10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
I grew up 15 minutes from here. Awesome for anyone that ever put together a model train set. Whether your flavor was Lionel or Tyco, it won't matter, you will enjoy this place.:pimp:

boatah
10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
My son loves toy trains. We started with a display for Christmas one year and it snowballed. Now he collects and has a terrific display in his basement.

The Hedgehog
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Man that is serious. I have a bunch of HO scale stuff around.