PDA

View Full Version : Are We Going To Have An Indian Summer?

Carl C
10-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, it's like someone flipped a switch a few weeks ago and said "no more boating":nilly:. Well I'm still holding out hope for a couple of more days on the water. It has been warmer in Anchorage, Alaska for most of the last two weeks:eek:. No lie, I have family there and keep track of it.:nilly::nilly:

Just Say N20
10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
It might just be a technicality, but do you have to have an actual summer, before you can have an Indian Summer?

This was the summer that wasn't around Lake Michigan.

realbold
10-17-2009, 08:58 PM
If you call 60* Indian Summer. I don't. Better winterize before we have a blizzard Carl. Gore lied.

Carl C
10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
No spring to speak of. A real mild summer (I used my AC twice!). And now no Indian summer:eek:?? I feel cheated:mad:. It went down to 25* last night so I stuck a light bulb in the engine room even though the temp showed 38* in the garage:nilly:. I'm still holding out some hope:crossfing:. I've boated lots of times in November:cool:.

Cuda
10-18-2009, 11:31 AM
44 in Deland this morning. First time I had to put a shirt on to let the dogs out.

BUIZILLA
10-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I seriously WANTED to go out in the fish boat today until I saw the local report.... air temp is a non issue...

:nilly: the 35kt gusts at 8am were interesting..

NDBC - Station FWYF1 (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=fwyf1)

silverghost
10-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Are we still allowed to use the term "Indian Summer" ?
OR~
Being Politically Correct~
Is it now called ~
Native American Summer ?

At any rate~
We are having none here in Pa & NJ !
It has been Cold,Rainy, & Just plain Nasty!
Really glad I pulled my boat for the fall season !
I was freezing after being soaked wet to the skin pressure washing my boat bottom under my trailer ! It was 45* with a 25 mph wind & I Got more water on me than on the bottom!
Wanted to get this done before the stuff dried-out too much. Then it would have been much harder to remove! Boat had been in the salt water since May 5 !
Now if it would only warm-up & stop raining just a bit for a few days so I can winterize it!

axelkloehn
10-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow, it's like someone flipped a switch a few weeks ago and said "no more boating":nilly:. Well I'm still holding out hope for a couple of more days on the water. It has been warmer in Anchorage, Alaska for most of the last two weeks:eek:. No lie, I have family there and keep track of it.:nilly::nilly:

The same happend in germany. We skipped the fall and now have winter with lower than 40 by day :boggled: and under 30 by night :boggled::boggled:. I remember having great boating days till november....

What's this talk about warming planet and stuff... Are we not letting enough fumes in the air with our small blocks & big blocks??

Cheers, Axel :germany:

Cuda
10-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I seriously WANTED to go out in the fish boat today until I saw the local report.... air temp is a non issue...

:nilly: the 35kt gusts at 8am were interesting..

NDBC - Station FWYF1 (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=fwyf1)
Air temp was an issue a few years back at Mt Dora. :)

Is it too late to take up surfing? I was in my early 30's when I first tried my hand at surfing. I got beat to death trying to get out. I decided right then that it was a hobby for a younger man. :)

Ed Donnelly
10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
CarlC; You just missed Indian Summer..

I was between 8.35 A.M. and 10.11 A.M. this morning..:shades: ..Ed

mike o
10-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Looks like Jack Frost is at the Patriots game today.:yes::kingme:

hot shot
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't know what's up with you sissy's... myself and a couple of 20 cig's put about 90 miles on today... and had a bad ass lake erie perch dinner and some good spirits... the lake was awsome temp was low 50's not a cloud in the sky and no wind... I took her down to brian 41 and he is gonna put her to sleep

The Hedgehog
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Donzi Vol and I hit the lake this weekend......but that was in the cruiser!

Carl C
10-19-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't know what's up with you sissy's... myself and a couple of 20 cig's put about 90 miles on today... and had a bad ass lake erie perch dinner and some good spirits... the lake was awsome temp was low 50's not a cloud in the sky and no wind... I took her down to brian 41 and he is gonna put her to sleep

Glad to hear you made the run. BUT: "gonna put her to sleep"????? Now who is the sissy:eek:. I don't winterize until mid November. It looks like we will get into the 50s this week. Still not quite warm enough. I'd like to see at least 65 once more. We'll see.............:crossfing:

hot shot
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Carl: Looks like today and tommorrow might be just what the carl ordered... one of my 20 cig buddies has a pontoon boat complete with heat they use almost all winter so i'm not done till about feb.. normally new years eve is spent a a local yacht club... no drunk driving tickets then... gook luck and get out there and boat

Carl C
10-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Carl: Looks like today and tommorrow might be just what the carl ordered... one of my 20 cig buddies has a pontoon boat complete with heat they use almost all winter so i'm not done till about feb.. normally new years eve is spent a a local yacht club... no drunk driving tickets then... gook luck and get out there and boat

Might get her out today. Regardless, I'm going to pull it out of the garage, warm it up on the hose and change the oil. I'm wondering if I can hit 85 running light on a cool day...........:pretzel:.