PDA

View Full Version : 41 Hatteras MY

MOP
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Any interest? I know of a really good "gas" boat that I think can be bought at a good number, I sold the guy the boat about three years ago, it was a fresh water but has been in berthed in a brackish river and run salt since. I can find out what ever anyone needs to know.

Donzi Vol
10-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I shouldn't even ask, but I can't help myself. Is it a possible liveaboard and where is it located? Oh and is it in a modest man's price range?

Thanks in advance,
David

zelatore
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Vol, that would work for your live-aboard for sure! Gas wouldn't be the best choice for extended cruising, but it'll work for the inland waters you'd be cruising most of the time. Those old flush decks are good looking boats, and would have plenty of space for you!

Plus, it should be a reasonably 'safe' investment. Pedigree name in an older boat that's already taking the brunt of it's depreciation - assuming it's in good shape and doesn't swallow a piston two weeks after you buy it, you're golden!

Donzi Vol
10-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Vol, that would work for your live-aboard for sure! Gas wouldn't be the best choice for extended cruising, but it'll work for the inland waters you'd be cruising most of the time. Those old flush decks are good looking boats, and would have plenty of space for you!

Plus, it should be a reasonably 'safe' investment. Pedigree name in an older boat that's already taking the brunt of it's depreciation - assuming it's in good shape and doesn't swallow a piston two weeks after you buy it, you're golden!

Oh, just when I thought my spending was over, I'm getting the itch again! I might have to figure something out here. I wonder if there are any pics out there??

HOWARD O
11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Old thread but my dad had a 1966 41' Hatteras MY in the '70's and I used to spend a good deal of my summers on that boat. I can attest that it is a GREAT liveaboard and built like a tank. I have yet to be on any fiberglass boat that was so thick and solid. His had Detroits but I think gas would be just fine.....easy and cheap to maintain and also cheap to replace the gassers. :yes:

Donzi Vol
11-02-2009, 09:44 PM
As much as I would LOVE to get ahold of this boat, I believe my spending needs to be on hold for a bit. I've talked to MOP a little, and he has assured me that it is a wonderful boat at a very fair price. I hope the right person ends up with it!

HOWARD O
11-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah, a boat of that size (at any price) is a HUGE move!

ghiafreak62
11-06-2009, 09:08 PM
If you want it moved pm me, we are moving a 07 560 carver right now,