PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norman, N.C.

HIGH LIFE
10-11-2009, 11:02 AM
My son is moving to N.C. in a few weeks, he is 24. I was thinking of giving him my 16' DONZI O/B to use on the lake. How big is this lake ? We live in Mass. and don't know the territory of this state. Any ideas of what to expect ? "HIGH LIFE"

oledawg
10-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Pretty good size lake with about 600 miles of water front. Talk with my boat guy, he has a shop there. Email him at matt@racecitymarine.com

Name is Matt Santomenna, and he is big into Jersey Skiffs, does have a Donzi Sweet 16 at his shop. Works mainly on Correct Crafts, but he definitely knows the area. 704 488 7044.

Lots of boating on the lake, very nice.

:cool!:

oledawg
10-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Didn't ask where he was moving to, assumed Lake Norman area, but there are a lot of excellent lakes in the state.

HIGH LIFE
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
My son is going to be living in Cornilius. Has a 3 rd floor apt, with a view of the lake. I should be so lucky !!! "HIGH LIFE"

Air 22
10-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I've boat on Lake Norman many times w/ our 22C...its a nice big lake, well marked...:pimp:...it can get crowded in certain areas on the summer weekends..lots of marine patrol...:nilly:

A fun lake for sure...he will luv it!:wink:

Phil S
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
...just up the road from me, tell me that's where a lot of the Nascar guys have lake houses, and some pretty nifty boats as well. I've never been boating on Lake Norman, but know it is definitely in the high-rent district so to speak....very nice indeed.

With kind regards,
Phil S.

HIGH LIFE
10-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Thank you all for the info. Keep the comments coming ! After he gets settled I'll have to check out the lake, must be better than Mass. !!! How long is the boating season ? How far to the ocean ? Thanks, HIGH LIFE

Air 22
10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you all for the info. Keep the comments coming ! After he gets settled I'll have to check out the lake, must be better than Mass. !!! How long is the boating season ? How far to the ocean ? Thanks, HIGH LIFE

You can boat all season if ya want...the lakes don't freeze here..but it gets cold:nilly:...not Mass cold but in the teens-20's overnight in Dec and Jan...but then we get 50-60deg days now and then during mid winter. The ground doesn't get a frost level very deep if at all in most area's.

We r in Raleigh which is 2:40min to the NC beaches..Charlotte is 2:45-3hrs West of Raleigh so depending on traffic etc...the ocean is a good 5-6 hr tow.:crossfing:

Hope this helps...:shades:

oledawg
10-14-2009, 06:16 PM
4 - 5 hours from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach max, little longer to NC beaches.

HIGH LIFE
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
How is the economy holding out in this area ? If I can move here I would like to have a part time job,possibly driving a 18-wheeler, or in the marine field ? HIGH LIFE