PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ole dawg...

Phil S
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I read on the "mason thread" you lived in Greenville Sc previously. That's my neck of the woods, and was wondering how recent you lived there ?

Have you seen downtown Greenville lately ? It really is incredible what they have done with it...especially the "Falls Park", and our new ball field. The are both very nice. :yes: The annual "Fall for Greenville" festival is going on this weekend, and we're headed there shortly to catch a favorite local band of ours this afternoon, the "Swingin' Medallions".

With kind regards,

Phil S

oledawg
10-11-2009, 10:31 AM
LOOOOONG time ago. Actually lived off of Mountain Creek Road in Taylors from 1974 to 1978 and it was a great place. Have gone back several times since and have seen some of what was done downtown. One of the best jobs that I have seen of revitalizing an area. Great area to live, in less than an hour you could be deep in some of the most beautiful mountains of NC. Greenville is what I call a either a little city or big town. Very nice! :cool!:

Phil S
10-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Football?
Yawn, is it basketball season yet? :odie:

Lake Tillery, NC

:wink:

I hear ya Oledawg....born & raised in Kentucky, UK is my Alma mater...fall meet at Keeneland and our almost always dismal football season just passed the time until Basketball season starts.

I hear that UK has one heck of a team ready to go this year. Who is your team ?

With kind regards,
Phil S.

oledawg
10-13-2009, 05:41 AM
I have degress from UNC Chapel Hill and NC State, but have to be Blue! UNC perpetually attempts to be a football power and usually fails miserably. Basketball, while not always running with the big dogs, is ALWAYS good to watch. In fact, almost any ACC team can on a given day provide some great entertainment. I am ready! :nilly:

Cuda
10-13-2009, 06:51 AM
I have degress from UNC Chapel Hill and NC State, but have to be Blue! UNC perpetually attempts to be a football power and usually fails miserably. Basketball, while not always running with the big dogs, is ALWAYS good to watch. In fact, almost any ACC team can on a given day provide some great entertainment. I am ready! :nilly:
My sister and her husband went to see Boston College administer another thumping to FSU. FSU used to dominate the ACC in football.