PDA

View Full Version : Steal this!

gcarter
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
I copied (is that a form of stealing? if it is, oh well...) this from a Canadian newspaper;

Steal this!

Clarice Feldman
A Canadian study (http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/news/detail.asp?ID=492) shows that people who buy green products tend to lie and steal more than those who don't:

Toronto, October 6, 2009 -Those lyin', cheatin' green consumers.

Just being around green products can make us behave more altruistically, a new study to be published in a forthcoming issue of Psychological Science (http://www.donzi.net/forums/#) has found.

But buying those same products can have the opposite effect. Researchers found that buying green can lead people into less altruistic behaviour, and even make them more likely to steal and lie than after buying conventional products. Buying products that claim to be made with low environmental impact can set up "moral credentials" in people's minds that give license to selfish or questionable behavior.

The answer to the dilemma seems clear: Steal green products only and then lie about it.

silverghost
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I believe that many manufacturers who sell so called "Green Products" are in fact stealing & lieing to us !
Ever see the cost $$ of some of these products?
Also what does this say about "green preachers" like Al Gore?
Al has made millions $ with his global warming movie, speech fees, not to mention the Oscar and Nobel Prize !
All this while flying in his Gulfstream !
Green is BIG $ $ Business !
You decide!

gcarter
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I think the whole entire green movement is disengenuous.
Full of liars and hypocrites.

Lenny
10-09-2009, 08:44 PM
We have "Pallet" recycling here, ( close to me) and "Wood" recylcing as well...

I just got rid of some "scrap" from the shop. ( wood ) $689.00 bucks. :eek:

The pallet and wood recycling is a diesel fired, turbine driven air pump that takes things to about 1200-1400 degrees C. Nothing to look at in the air, BUT, I think folks think their "stuff" is being reused, NOT burned off with carbon by-products.

:(

...but, one day in China would make ALL the carbon reduction credits and penalties and this "environment" we live in look mundane by comparison, if not pointless.

I think it is all about "new" money to the coffeurs.