PDA

View Full Version : Interior for 22 Classic

Buddyc
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Im thinking about buying a 22 that has a Black yes Black interior. Does anyone know a ballpark price on what it would take to have both front buckets and rear bench seat to be reupolstered? I have to incoporate that price in my offer... Looks cool but has to go

BTW. He also had Donzi paint the inside of the engine compartment Black? Isnt that a bad idea if you cant see any spillage in the bilge?
Thanks in advance

Cuda
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
$2000 from Donzi.

Cuda
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
You are better off getting some white towels to sit on.

Buddyc
10-09-2009, 07:13 PM
$2000 from Donzi.
Wow I thought it would be way more for new covers...

Cuda
10-09-2009, 07:49 PM
You can get them directly from the manufactorer in Sarasota. The name escaps me right now. I bought two sets of buckets from them.

Buddyc
10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Awsome thank you

McGary911
10-09-2009, 09:21 PM
You can get them directly from the manufactorer in Sarasota. The name escaps me right now. I bought two sets of buckets from them.

Would that be PPI? They're in Bradenton, which is pretty close to Sarasota? I've seen some of their work, and it's top notch.

http://www.ppi-fl.com/index.htm

Cuda
10-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Would that be PPI? They're in Bradenton, which is pretty close to Sarasota? I've seen some of their work, and it's top notch.

http://www.ppi-fl.com/index.htm
Yep, PPI. The last time I was there, they were so busy doing new boat work, they wouldn't even take on private jobs. A guy I knew knew a big wig from the named Lee Wineburg I think, and I got two pair of Doniz bucket seats made.

Premier Performance Interiors

oledawg
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM
I would think that a black interior would look sorta of neat. If you actually are worried about temperature, that is somewhat of a myth. A white seat in the direct sunlight is going to get almost as hot as a black one, the material is what is absorbing the heat, and the color white is not going to "reflect" enough to really be cool. I would try it for a while and see what you think before spending the money. :cool!:

BUIZILLA
10-10-2009, 06:38 AM
I dunno about that... :confused:

oledawg
10-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Knew that would wake someone up! Heh, heh, heh. :cool!:

Carl C
10-10-2009, 07:28 AM
It's NOT a myth. I've had both. The dark seats would burn you if you didn't cool them off with water. My white seats stay cool to the touch in direct sun. Black seats might look cool but they will be anything but!

mattyboy
10-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I would not worry about the color of the seats that much between being covered, riding in them or throwing a few of dr dan's awesome towels on them to protect them from the sun and from getting dirty.
what part of jersey?? we boat in north jersey /ny in an all black cig with a BLACK floor and still walk on it bare foot no problem.

I guess my point is once you get into one of these boats you'll find that you become picky and will be protecting the seats, putting pads or towels when people board, trying to keep them dry , try to keep them clean.
Also how are you going to use the boat?? is she going to be left out uncovered sitting in the sun for long periods of time at a dock or raft up??
or will you be cruisin most of the time??? yeah i guess in fla it could be an issue. hey if you tie up and go have lunch sure throw towel on them

now the black bilge probably does hide the dirt not sure how oil/ fluids water will look in it though

the black seats make the boat with the dark tinted windshield IMHO .all whites seats will make the boat look like a loaf of wonder bread. I mean they have to be all white cause the black pipping would get hot too right???

hey it is worth shot but i got to tell ya and this is just me as a seller if someone said to me take 2 grand off your price cause I don't like black seats and i need to replace them even though they are brand new that would be the end of the discussion now if the interior was not in good shape or torn , worn or missing then it is a bargaining chip.

McGary911
10-10-2009, 09:13 AM
What color's the boat? Black would look great with anything. Not as sure with white.

One of the first Donzis I considered was a bunch of years back on this board. It was a great looking 18' being sold by a member called PaulO, I believe. It was yellow with black stripe\seats. I was in Jersey at the time, and the Black seats did factor in me not going after it. Same thing. Potential hot hot hot.

(I'd been on black vinyl on a boat in Jersey, and you really have to think before you sit down. It gets you about 2 times before you put the hand check into your routine)

Cuda
10-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I think the black seats would make it stand out from the crowd. You know how many 22's have white seats with an accent color? All of them. They made some 16's in yellow with a black interior that looked sharp. I wouldn't look at it an detracting from the value of the boat. I live in Florida, and like I said the dark blue seats didn't make a difference. 90% of the time you are sitting on a towel anyway.

Carl C
10-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I should have been sitting on towels all this time?:eek::nilly:

mattyboy
10-10-2009, 09:42 AM
no you don't have to sit on the towels just cover the seats when you are not in them to shade from the sun unless your wet or have bladder control issues carl :p sorry but any color vinyl seats get a little warm after you have sat in them for a long time.

Buddyc
10-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I must admit it looks good. The boat is a 04 22 Classic. It only have 40 hours on her. The black interior is in perfect shape...Almost a shame to get rid of it. It has Switchable tips and other goodies. 496HO He is down to 30k asking price...
I know that on Sea Ray it has white seats with a black stripe... If you sit on that part of the seat your ass will jump up like you sat on a frying pan ( its actually fun to see some people sit on it):)

mattyboy
10-10-2009, 09:59 AM
buddy seriously the towels that dr dan has would be perfect to lay over the seat they are funtional bling white towel with the donzi logo in black and your name on yours and your first mate's name on the towel on the passenger seat or the name of the boat they are very cool (punn intended)

just lay them out over the seats when your at the dock or going for a bite to eat

Buddyc
10-10-2009, 10:03 AM
How can I see a set of these? or buy them? Im goint to look at her today and put in an offer if it is as clean as he says.

mattyboy
10-10-2009, 10:11 AM
dr dan is on the hudson river run this weekend but send him a pm

anyone have shot of the towels

oledawg
10-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Good thread, I need a new interior on my red hull/white deck '88 22C that has white interior with red piping and I am seriously considering black with red piping. My 22C stays in the boat house 99% of the time when I am not driving it so I am not really worried about a hot seat. And the Donzi towel thing sounds neat. What is the forum name of the person that has these? :cool!:

mattyboy
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
dr dan

Cuda
10-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Dr Dan's towels have got to be better than the one's from the Donzi shop. They fell apart after one washing.

mattyboy
10-11-2009, 10:28 AM
here's a link to dr dan's towels

hope this helps look at post 25

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41183&highlight=towels

was thinking about this "ooohh the darks seats get to hot" thingy

the classics are just as much about looks as performance maybe even more so as they are recognized everywhere they go.

most of the design ques are that the contrasting dark colors are picked up by the interior so usually the side hull color or the darker color in one of the stripes is accented by the interior

I just think you new fangled power trim power steering , ooh the seats are to hot and gonna burn my tushy guys need to come back to your "classic " roots and man up no power trim no power steering and dark seats :p ;) :)

check out these timeless classics

you can count the all white interiors on 1 finger

http://www.allardmarine.com/1970%20Brochure.htm

Buddy hope the inspection went well good luck :)

Cuda
10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I had a Minx, that as far as I know, was the only one built with a dark blue hull. At first I didn't like it because I thought it looked like bottom paint, but after buffing it, it definetly stood out from the crowd. I got a deal on the dark blue seats, and they looked magical! :)

Tony
10-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I think my favorite color combo is the older-fashioned all yellow Donzi with a black stripe and a black interior. In other words, I would buy Chris Allard's restored beauty in a heartbeat...

Speaking of Chris, isn't he working on some insane 22 project?

:beer:

BUIZILLA
10-11-2009, 09:30 PM
he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo far past the 22 project... :wink: