PDA

View Full Version : Black Seats

Buddyc
10-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I looked at a 2004 22 Classic. White boat with Black stripe. ..But when he ordered it he wanted Black seats! Is it me or will it seem like sitting on a frying pan ? To be honest I dont remember ever seeing black seats on a boat. If I buy the boat right would it be worth redoing the interior over?
Thanks in advance for your opinions

Marlin275
10-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I have some navy blue stripes on my white seats
and they will almost burn you in direct sun.
You won't jump with glee.

On the plus side you can steam a wet towel
with a black seat in direct sun

Carl C
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I had a black Hydrostream with grey seats and you had to splash water on them before you could sit down.:kaioken:

fegettes
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Buddyc,

In answer to your question, yes. I would certainly redo the interior with a lighter cooler color, like WHITE. Just my opinion though.

Steve

mattyboy
10-08-2009, 06:56 PM
actually dark colors like black , grumble green, lucan red and christina blue were very popular colors on the older classics for interiors. if it is the 22 I am thinking of in Morristown NJ it has no water line stripe and looks very much like an old school classic all white nice looking boat.

spent 6 seasons on an all black cig never burn myself on the black boat or the yellow seats??? you'll find that they don't stay hot when underway and that you'll have towels on the seats when not under way to protect the interior no matter what color ;)

Cuda
10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I put a dark blue interior in a Minx and it wasn't any hotter than any other color, and looked sweet.

Ghost
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
My last boat had a mix of white and brown vinyl.

You had to warn guests to watch out for the brown areas, which would practically burn you, while the white next to it was just warm to the touch.

Or, sometimes it was fun not to warn them...

Buddyc
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
actually dark colors like black , grumble green, lucan red and christina blue were very popular colors on the older classics for interiors. if it is the 22 I am thinking of in Morristown NJ it has no water line stripe and looks very much like an old school classic all white nice looking boat.

spent 6 seasons on an all black cig never burn myself on the black boat or the yellow seats??? you'll find that they don't stay hot when underway and that you'll have towels on the seats when not under way to protect the interior no matter what color ;)

Yes it is the boat in Morristown. It is super low hours. Ispoke with him today and may go look at it.

Buddyc
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
It has an ususal exhaust( or maybe I just never saw a set up like it)
the tips come out far and look like the Capt call runs from there?
I would show the pic but my comp wont let me

Carl C
10-08-2009, 09:24 PM
[quote=Buddyc;542313]It has an ususal exhaust( or maybe I just never saw a set up like it)
the tips come out far and look like the Capt call runs from there?
I would show the pic but my comp wont let me[/quote

Switchable tips? Those are sweet.

Buddyc
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
How are they different than conventional Quick and Quiet?
They look like they come out 10 inches

file:///C:/Users/Arthur%20Chapall/Pictures/Picture%20Drop%20off/04%20029.jpg