PDA

View Full Version : Stripper Poles and Convertibles!

The Hedgehog
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Esperanza!

Now Tex is on his way back from work hell and I am on my way to it. Sometime in the next couple of weeks the paranormal activity will get started. Tex is going down in a week or so to start stocking the bar in the Pacemaker. He is having a "large" quantity of absinthe flown in from Czeck land and that is where the fun starts.

As we embark on this process, a couple of things need to be addressed on the front end. Now I am an aft cabin guy so I need some help here. From my flybridge it is only a few short flights of stairs to the fridge. That being said, I keep a 128 quart cooler on the aft deck to prevent a long walk to the bar (only three steps with the cooler). I am actually considering some options for the flybridge (zero steps). Now Tex has a cool flybridge but one problem! That ladder can be scary! How can we avoid hurting someone on the ladder. Our average pace is a few drinks per hour so the ladder is a big problem. Should we use a dumbwaiter? I like the idea of a bar on the flybridge too but we will need to be creative for that. Any ideas there?

Another thing that needs to be addressed is the stripper pole. Tex is thinking about having one the also doubles as a hoist for a Whaler to put it on the bow. I think that it would mess with the lines of the boat. It is not the stripper that concerns me it is the Whaler on the front of that beautiful boat. I kind of like the idea of putting a pole on the back deck. SHe can drage the Whaler like me. Sure it is not as much out in the open but it could also double as a fireman's pole for drinks and face it, peeing off the flybridge in the wind could prove dicey. I am thinking that we could work some kind of a dumb waiter system where we could use the pole as a hoist to stock the bar on the flybridge. Any ideas there?

One more question. Brass or stainless steel on the pole?

gcarter
10-05-2009, 06:31 AM
I've seen dumb waiters on the plans of many large yachts.....you know, dumb waitters for dumb lazy crew.
I believe a man should be forced to face the consequences of his actions.:wink: It adds to the excitement of the voyage!:wink:

The foredeck is the only place for the whaler.

RedDog
10-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Since you are going to have the stripper pole, why not use a stripper / waitress combo?

Barry Eller
10-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Oh My Aching Gout...Absinthe, the Green Fairy. Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Got sugar cubes?

Last Real Texan
10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Since you are going to have the stripper pole, why not use a stripper / waitress combo?
Well said, great point... I knew I liked you at AOTH!!!
going to have to start the screening process soon. 1 more week of work he'll and the it's on!:kingme::kingme::kingme:

boxy
10-05-2009, 10:10 AM
If you rigged a donut shaped bar tray around the pole, and hauled it to flybridge level while it was being used by your lovely first mates, it would keep you supplied with drinks, and provide said lovely first mates with some sun protection.......
Or you could just buy one of these....
http://barsupplies.com/backpack-drink-dispenser-p-431.html

Ghost
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
If the pole will be just a prop for walking in circles, stainless or chrome will be fine, cheaper, and lower maintenance. Smaller diameters will also be an option, if desired, especially if any frequent users have small hands.

If acrobatic pole moves are in the works, stainless or chrome will be too slick, even if a supply of DryHands (liquid) or MightyGrip (powder) will be needed constantly, and even more Windex will be needed than usual.

A brass pole needs more warming up action than stainless or chrome. (Perhaps you could rig and internal heating circuit for extreme luxury.)

Two challenges leap off the page with the absinthe. One is keeping glasses suitably cold while drinking, which might drive glass selection to match some form of cozy. This will make the louche more of a challenge, and if you use a sugar cube it will be harder still. (I prefer without.) I'm thinking a cooler on the flybridge with both an ice stock and a water stock, and a rotating spare set of glasses you can keep iced too. If you want a reasonably slow louche, I suppose you could put a fountain in the cooler as well.

There's even a reverse brouiller concept that lets you louche the absinthe into the water, as opposed to the traditional water into the absinthe. This approach might offer some interesting options. Say, rigging an overhead bottle with a small plastic drip tube split for a simultaneous double-louche, with a ratcheting pinch clamp for both shutoff and flow control.

If you'd like any of my backissues of Obscure Prurient Indulgences Quarterly, for further stripper pole and absinthe tips, give a holler.

Mike

The Hedgehog
10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
If the pole will be just a prop for walking in circles, stainless or chrome will be fine, cheaper, and lower maintenance. Smaller diameters will also be an option, if desired, especially if any frequent users have small hands.

If acrobatic pole moves are in the works, stainless or chrome will be too slick, even if a supply of DryHands (liquid) or MightyGrip (powder) will be needed constantly, and even more Windex will be needed than usual.

A brass pole needs more warming up action than stainless or chrome. (Perhaps you could rig and internal heating circuit for extreme luxury.)

Two challenges leap off the page with the absinthe. One is keeping glasses suitably cold while drinking, which might drive glass selection to match some form of cozy. This will make the louche more of a challenge, and if you use a sugar cube it will be harder still. (I prefer without.) I'm thinking a cooler on the flybridge with both an ice stock and a water stock, and a rotating spare set of glasses you can keep iced too. If you want a reasonably slow louche, I suppose you could put a fountain in the cooler as well.

There's even a reverse brouiller concept that lets you louche the absinthe into the water, as opposed to the traditional water into the absinthe. This approach might offer some interesting options. Say, rigging an overhead bottle with a small plastic drip tube split for a simultaneous double-louche, with a ratcheting pinch clamp for both shutoff and flow control.

If you'd like any of my backissues of Obscure Prurient Indulgences Quarterly, for further stripper pole and absinthe tips, give a holler.

Mike

That is a great post. Sounds like we may need to give you a call. My mind is reeling and I am stuck over here in Ky with an internet connection that sucks so bad I have to use my bberry

BUIZILLA
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
enough of the fancy words..

let's cut to the chase....

when's the first show? :kingme:

Air 22
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Nice Pole...lol:popcorn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTV3gyuNgA8&feature=related
:angel:

Donzi Vol
10-06-2009, 06:04 PM
If there are boats, strippers, and drinks involved I will be the dumb waiter!:boat::yes: