PDA

View Full Version : Here I sit semi Bummed!

MOP
10-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Beautiful day! I get the cover give her a light wash dawn as it has not seen the day light since early September, hook up go down and gas it up. Come back to the house to get Bonnie and do my usual check out before a run, notice dummy me left one battery on. Grab my meter only to find out both are real low, so here I sit with two chargers hooked up! Will get we soon! Can't waste a day like this!

fogducker III
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Can't you fire it up on the hose? The alt will charge the batteries faster than a charger won't it...?:confused:

MOP
10-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Can't you fire it up on the hose? The alt will charge the batteries faster than a charger won't it...?:confused:

Both batteries were dead, I let it charge for about and hour then went boating.

Had a fabulous run of about 60 miles, Jamesport to the ruins off Plum Island then down into Sag Harbor. Got to see an old buddy before he goes south, made me miss the deliveries to the islands. We ran down to Tortola together back in 83 spent several days in hurricane Klaus way outside Bermuda, we did some memory stuff on that today. Being offshore in a hurricane is an experience to say the least, we had Bonnie's eyes bulging and mouth hanging open. She could not believe we ran for three days with the anemometer pinned at 90 kts its highest reading, I have to commend Alden for building one hell of a 47 ketch. The only damage other then a few bruises was a head shackle snapped, that was fun being on deck getting the spitfire back up. I think I still have the busted shackle in my stash.

Ghost
10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow.

penbroke
10-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Great story! I'd like to hear all the details one day...

The weather was not so good up here. Glad you got out.

Frank

MOP
10-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Great story! I'd like to hear all the details one day...

The weather was not so good up here. Glad you got out.

Frank

You and I keep talking about libations, I keep trying to drag you up to 1K. I am just going to either make you come to LI or I have to leave 1K and bust in on you!!!

penbroke
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
You and I keep talking about libations, I keep trying to drag you up to 1K. I am just going to either make you come to LI or I have to leave 1K and bust in on you!!!

You are welcome to "bust in" at any time. A bit or warning will reduce your chances of being shot though...

We are headed to Peekskill to pick up the 31c on Thurs. If the weather co-operates we may make a trip towards Manhattan before turning north. I guess some of the guys from the displaced LK George poker run will be out on the lower Hudson. Maybe we can work something out...

Frank