PDA

View Full Version : Passport

Cuda
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I got my new passport in the mail today. I used my original passport for proof of citizenship. My mom mailed me the passport, and I thought she sent me Jeannie's passport, called mom and told her so. She told me to turn the page. I was on the next page. My mom is holding me in her arms in the picture. It was taken in 1956. I never knew I had been to Hawaii until I saw the passport. Mom said we stopped at Pearl Harbor on our way back from the Phillipines (where I was born). Jeannie was born in Hawaii, before it was a state. Mom said it took 19 days on a ship to get to San Francisco. That must have been a pleasant experience for mom. She was about six months pregnant with my little sister, Barbara, and had Jeannie and me too. She was thankful that dad was on the ship with us. It isn't always that way when you work for Uncle Sam.

I got the passport because as soon as I can get a little scratch together, I'm going to Costa Rica. My buddy just got back. He goes about 5 times a year.

Lenny
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Joe, we need to have our Passports on us now anytime we touch USA land from water adventures. No biggy really, a Drivers Licence used to do, but now they are treating the San Juan Islands (USA) like an airport.

boxy
10-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Lenny, Ontario now has a new biometric drivers licence that is being accepted for land and water crossings. Makes things a little easier only having to carry 1 peice of ID.

Cuda
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
When I applied, they asked me if I wanted a book, or a card. The card is used to go to Canada, or Mexico. If it borders the US by land, all you need it a card.

Cuda
10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Me and Jeannie, July 4th, 1956 in the Phillipines.