PDA

View Full Version : Donzi F23

NJFASTECH
10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I found this whats your Opinion
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1988-Donzi-Cuddy-Fish-95465841#contactseller

I just sold my whaler and the cash is burning a hole in my pocket!
Thanks,Jim

MR MAGOO
10-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Looks clean but the OMC package would scare me away.

BUIZILLA
10-03-2009, 04:11 PM
V6?? :bonk:

NJFASTECH
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
okay I know the OMC package would have to go and a 6.2 with a b1 package would make sense they are motivated. What do you think I could get for the OMC package at best? I like a little project and everyday is not a boating day especially in Jersey:bonk:

rkfet
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey NJFASTECH,

That is my old boat! I was the second owner. I had it for about a year and a half. Bought it as our first boat. Wanted something a little newer and more set up for fishing so I traded it on a center console. It runs well.

lars
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I know You showed interest in the one without motor Jim and without seeing the boats I can't help thinking that that's the one to get. Since all these 20 year old boats are so affordable I would always buy the cleanest one possible, it usually turns out to be the easiest on the wallet in the long run anyway, even though You fork out a few more bucks to start with.
I've got a friend running 2 x 350 hp SBC's through Alphas in a 26' 5000 lbs performance boat that tops out 78 mph and those Alphas have hold up for 19 years without a failure, so I would stick in a pretty powerful SBC in that 23 FC and be happy for a long time to come. I didn't know about this Donzi model before, but I'm totally in love with the design now after seeing it here on the forum.

Best of luck.

tmh
10-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I had one of those 17 years ago with a 350 Mercruiser which I believe was 260 HP. It would top out at low 52-53 mph. It was an outstanding setup for scuba diving with a rear dive platform. I had the boat for 3 years and it was a good boat. I know the guy I sold it to ended up redoing the transom about 10 years later which he said was caused by some type of ants getting into the boat.
T.M. Hayes

NJFASTECH
10-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I know You showed interest in the one without motor Jim and without seeing the boats I can't help thinking that that's the one to get. Since all these 20 year old boats are so affordable I would always buy the cleanest one possible, it usually turns out to be the easiest on the wallet in the long run anyway, even though You fork out a few more bucks to start with.
I've got a friend running 2 x 350 hp SBC's through Alphas in a 26' 5000 lbs performance boat that tops out 78 mph and those Alphas have hold up for 19 years without a failure, so I would stick in a pretty powerful SBC in that 23 FC and be happy for a long time to come. I didn't know about this Donzi model before, but I'm totally in love with the design now after seeing it here on the forum.

Best of luck.

I did speak with Amarok via PM and his boat does appear to be well kept-power but he is firm on his number where as I think I can work the yellow F 23 to a reasonble number and offset the cost of now I am thinking 383 stroker package.

NJFASTECH
10-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Hey NJFASTECH,

That is my old boat! I was the second owner. I had it for about a year and a half. Bought it as our first boat. Wanted something a little newer and more set up for fishing so I traded it on a center console. It runs well.

Just curious what it topped out at with the omc package? A running boat is a plus. I spoke via email with Jeff about this boat and agreed I don't want the steel trailer as I am in salt so that adds a few thousand to the package. I do have some time to think about it and the cash is in hand from the sale of the whaler so I may just wait to see what pops up here since I do have the classic bug again:yes: ah decisions:bonk:

rkfet
10-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Just curious what it topped out at with the omc package? A running boat is a plus. I spoke via email with Jeff about this boat and agreed I don't want the steel trailer as I am in salt so that adds a few thousand to the package. I do have some time to think about it and the cash is in hand from the sale of the whaler so I may just wait to see what pops up here since I do have the classic bug again:yes: ah decisions:bonk:

It tops out at about 36-37 MPH with the 4.3 so it doesnt have typical Donzi speed. I think they have the HP mis-quoted on the web site. It has the 4BBL carb, so I think it puts out 220 with that. I thought about putting a different prop on there, but never got that far. We decided to go with something newer.

That trailer is a load. It weighs 1650 lbs. Overall its in decent shape for a boat it's age. The only problem I had with it was some slow cranking which I traced to some bad battery cables. I replaced them and installed a new switch and no problems after that. The inside of the cuddy could use a little work. Tell Jeff I said Hi!