PDA

View Full Version : 80 Cigarette

Scott Pearson
10-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Strange EBay listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150375674023&category=31270&_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%26 otn%3D10%26ps%3D63

mattyboy
10-02-2009, 08:35 AM
sounds like an ad you wrote :p :rlol:

and I quote

"DEADBEAT WARNING; by placing a bid herein, you stipulate to liquidated damages in the amount of $8,000.00 for failure to pay within 72 hours. By bidding, it is hereby agreed that you waive personal service, and a consent to final judgment for liquidated damages for failure to pay. Redhibition is specifically waived. (Venue and Jurisdiction Louisiana); By placing a bid herein, you agree that any or all of the portion of stipulated damages may be taken from the specific credit card that you have on file with ebay in order to bid on high dollar items; In other words... IF YOU CANNOT PAY, DO NOT BID, this is not a game. "

oledawg
10-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Man, I would run so fast away from anyone making such a statement! :shocking:

olredalert
10-02-2009, 09:09 AM
------Someone has been having lunch with his lawyer.......Mr.Bill

seano
10-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm sure none of you would be surprised at the number of deadbeat bidders on ebay. It can be extremely frustrating and a seller should have some recourse. My dad "sold" his 39 Chris Craft 3 times on ebay and got every excuse in the book why the "buyer" couldn't complete the transaction, including death and divorce. Some people have no morals... I'd like to see this kind of thing happen at barrett-jackson or mecum auto auctions...

Donzi5150
10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I have seen this boat and this guy for years. He is out of Baton Rouge and you guessed it he is a Lawyer......Unique boat, fugly paint and different setup for a cockpit.

Trueser
10-02-2009, 06:49 PM
My buddy has the other one. Mint cond.

Izzy
12-07-2009, 02:34 AM
And if you've been following this listing...

Still running with a starting bid of $40K and No Reserve. Not a bad buy if you've got a spare Forty G's lying around.

bboersma
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I would be my $8,000 that writing that legalese into your Ebay description doesn't hold any water. I am sure Ebay rules would supercede and that he can't just make the jurisdiction whatever he wants, if any jurisdiction I would assume it would be California where Ebay is based.

That being said no one is going to buy this off of Ebay they would work a private deal with him, he is basically listing it for sale for $40k...I would be very surprised if he gets any Ebay bids.

HIGH LIFE
12-10-2009, 01:35 PM
I was interested in the FAYVA SHOES boat formally BOUNTY HUNTER that was listed earlier... boat sold for $37K plus $4K in storage...."HIGH LIFE"

joseph m. hahnl
01-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I would be my $8,000 that writing that legalese into your Ebay description doesn't hold any water. I am sure Ebay rules would supercede and that he can't just make the jurisdiction whatever he wants, if any jurisdiction I would assume it would be California where Ebay is based.

That being said no one is going to buy this off of Ebay they would work a private deal with him, he is basically listing it for sale for $40k...I would be very surprised if he gets any Ebay bids.

Not that I'm lawyer,and I may be way off!!!!!

I would think that the state laws of where the boat reside would be the governing factor. Hence "Venue and Jurisdiction Louisiana" .The Ebay rules do not have any judiciary merit. E-bay can not force any one to do anything, They can only provide documentation and assist a buyer and seller in mitigating damages . If they could not come to an agreement, The seller would need a judgment from a court. As the buyer you would have to cancel the card or reject payment before the funds charged. If it did make it to court, the $8000 statement would certainly hold up in a law suit, as it was a requirement stated to bid.

I think it would be best not to bid if you plan on reneging:boggled: