PDA

View Full Version : Question

rgv380
09-28-2009, 08:32 AM
I have recently purchased a used 38zx. Can anyone tell me if the water source for the toilet comes from the fresh water tank or if it comes from the lake/river the boat is in.

MOP
09-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Most all boats draw from the outside water, many people do switch the feed to the fresh water tank due to the odor that outside water gets after sitting awhile. I would pull up the hatches near the toilet to look for a through hull fitting with a small hose going in the general direction of the toilet.

Phil

zelatore
09-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I can't say much about the typical installation on smaller boats like the ZX, but on my boats I don't even offer raw-water flush any more. Everything is fresh water and Vacu-Flush these days.

Again, that's on larger yachts, not sport boats.

Like MOP said, the real answer is to follow the hose!

Planetwarmer
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I think on your particular model of boat, the water for the sink is pulled directly from the toilet!

VetteLT193
09-29-2009, 07:08 AM
does the fresh water from the tank smell? I had odor in mine, just ran through a few tanks of water and I make sure to keep using the water. We only use ours for the fresh water shower in the back but even if we don't use it I'll rinse the back of the boat off with it when I get in just to keep the water in the tank fresh each time.

rgv380
09-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Well alrighty - I will have to make sure the little women keeps the head full so the faucet does not run dry eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gcarter
09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Odor in the water is either stagnant water, which is usually harmless bacteria, or the tank could be outright contaminated.
Assume the tank is 30 gallons, mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of household bleach (5.5% chlorine) in a quart of water and pour it down the fill. It should take care of it.

Planetwarmer
09-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Well alrighty - I will have to make sure the little women keeps the head full so the faucet does not run dry eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drink more beer!:drinkbeer: