PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 for sale. Not mine yet hehe

Buddyc
09-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Saw this on I boats... looks like something special
http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/adv-search.cgi?id=505669

Been looking at 22 classics and an Arno edition from Fla. I know this wont run anythin glike the 22 but it looks like something special.This boat just caught my eye

Donzi Vol
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Alright guys, let's PLEASE leave this ad alone this time around!

Buddyc, good luck with this one or a 22! Ask plenty of questions and we'll help you out all we can.

All the best,
David

Buddyc
09-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I guess she has been around... I just thought it looked special. Im going to hold out for a clean 22. Im 6'4" and I think the 16 may be a bit small..
Im assuming the 22 will give me a more solid ride than the 16??
Any help or advise is appriciated

oledawg
09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I did the same evaluation as you, I am 6'2" and a little north of 250 #'s, so when I looked at a absolutely pristine '95 16C with the 302 ( Teal and White, that is still at Race City Marine for $8.500 ) I decided that I needed a little more room. Looked like a buffalo trying to ride a monkey, just didn't fit. I ended up with a '88 22c and it has plenty of room, leg and otherwise. Did have to start wearing my prescription motorcycle shades to drive the thing though, once you get over 45mph anything else is gonna come right off your face! Had to give up my hats also, so now I am exposing my clean shaven dome to the elements. When I slow down I put the cap back on. Good hunting! :cool!:

mike o
09-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I did the same evaluation as you, I am 6'2" and a little north of 250 #'s, so when I looked at a absolutely pristine '95 16C with the 302 ( Teal and White, that is still at Race City Marine for $8.500 ) I decided that I needed a little more room. Looked like a buffalo trying to ride a monkey, just didn't fit. I ended up with a '88 22c and it has plenty of room, leg and otherwise. Did have to start wearing my prescription motorcycle shades to drive the thing though, once you get over 45mph anything else is gonna come right off your face! Had to give up my hats also, so now I am exposing my clean shaven dome to the elements. When I slow down I put the cap back on. Good hunting! :cool!: Im looking for 1998 + 350 mpi 18 without a windshield if (Ya-all ) come across one :kingme:... Thanks, Michael

Buddyc
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Yea I think the 22 classic is the way to go for us. Our previous boat was a fast river boat and me and my little ones always had a blast. Now we have a 34 Sundancer. Its a different animal and I will leave it at that.
We often spend the weekend on the hook but there is a huge void... I miss my eyes tearing and misquitos in my teeth.
I have always wanted a Donzi and now im fortunate enough to hope to own one soon.
The Sweet 16 just seems too small.
I saw a amazing red Arno edition in Fla that looked sweet... and im sure its a steal for 39k... cant be many around... I dont want to spend 39k eitherunless I live in it when I get kicked out of my house.
Thanks for any advise...