PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it????????

fvbean
09-27-2009, 10:35 AM
tell me, should I do it??

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1384059452.html

Cuda
09-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Depends on how young you are. You'll be at that one for quite a few years I imagine.

McGary911
09-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm just shocked that you posted a Craigslist ad with real pictures. :boggled:

Although this one may have been better off with the old little blurry ones.

Looooots of work.

handfulz28
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Been in the classifieds a while.

http://donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59023

Short of making a mold and laying the fiberglass for the hull, you'll be building a boat from scratch.

mphatc
09-27-2009, 11:37 AM
With only a bare hull . . NO . . . the cost and the labor make this a waste IMO. Very good turn key 16s can be had for less than $14K . . . I see huge monies and lots of labor to build this . .

Mario L.

Carl C
09-27-2009, 12:04 PM
It just needs a little rubbing out. Tom will tell you....:nilly:

MOP
09-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Old boats when mended cost more then new when ended:shocking:

Just Say N20
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Without knowing your situation, perhaps.

If you don't want to/unable to lay down $10,000 plus in one shot, and have the time, mechanical aptitude, persistence to find parts, and want to "pay as you go" for the project, this could be the boat for you.

But don't be blind to the fact that it will be a LOT of work, and will cost more in the long run than buying something that is complete.

Given that you would be starting with virtually nothing, you could customize it to be whatever you wanted. This is what Sweet CheekZ did with his boat, and it turned out spectacularly. But also probably cost as much as a brand new 18, but he created a phenomenal looking, unique, and awesome performing 16.

mrfixxall
09-28-2009, 10:36 AM
plug the hole and hang a egg beater on it,should be a nice boat for under 5k

f_inscreenname
09-28-2009, 12:00 PM
The right price, some real work on your part, lots of hunting and leg work and you will have something that you will be very, very proud off.

hardcrab
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Old boats when mended cost more then new when ended:shocking:

I really wish someone would have said that to me a long time ago.

I'll never learn. ............... :nilly:

Sweet Cheekz
09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Without knowing your situation, perhaps.

If you don't want to/unable to lay down $10,000 plus in one shot, and have the time, mechanical aptitude, persistence to find parts, and want to "pay as you go" for the project, this could be the boat for you.

But don't be blind to the fact that it will be a LOT of work, and will cost more in the long run than buying something that is complete.

Given that you would be starting with virtually nothing, you could customize it to be whatever you wanted. This is what Sweet CheekZ did with his boat, and it turned out spectacularly. But also probably cost as much as a brand new 18, but he created a phenomenal looking, unique, and awesome performing 16.

Thanks Bill
It was also 10 months of work and I'm not completed yet You need a lot more than money. You need expertise, tons of tools, a good space, as Bill knows, patience somehwere to buy all the stuff and the ability to turn to others for help, which you could use the board for, no problem. Don't do it just for a regular 16 with stock power! Do it only if you love the work and have the time and money for a big project. Otherwise buy a nice one that runs. Good luck
Parnell