PDA

View Full Version : 2004 22' Classic (Not mine)

chip w
09-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know this boat?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-Donzi-22-Classic-95844240

Looks like a nice boat. $23,000.

What are the pro's and con's of the 2004 496HO?

roadtrip se
09-25-2009, 04:31 PM
and I suspect with reason. I would run a full title search and the serial number by the factory, if you are truly interested in pursuing it. PM me if you are looking for more details.

As for the merits of the 2004 496Mag HO boats, I would ask that question in the performance section of the board. Also, I recommend doing a search on the topic, because there has been much written here on the topic.

chip w
09-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Not interested. Just curious why it would go for less than other boats of it's age. I'm guessing there has to be something wrong.

LKSD
09-26-2009, 08:32 AM
It is a SCAM!!! Beware.. Before I bought my TR, I tried getting them to contact me. The reason I wanted to look into buying it is as follws.. The boat pictured is the ONLY red 40th anniv boat made by Donzi. It had the decals removed in the pic, so I thought they maybe didnt know what it was & had to sell it.. Well they still dont know what it is & they dont really have it to sell.. It was later listed in three different cities across the US by a foreigner for different prices with different phone #'s & contacts.. So I would say its a bogus sale... If it wasnt, it would have been in my garage already months ago.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

chip w
09-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks. I see the ad was pulled. I figured it had to be BS.:shocking:

Trueser
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
One of those red Aniv editions bounced on the bottom of the gulf for 24 hours. This was after it hit a submerged barge and tore the drive out of the transom.

The boat was redone and ended up somewhere.

I talked with the original owner and he sold me a few odds and ends. The boat was totaled with his insurance company.

Just a note of caution.