PDA

View Full Version : Powerboat Magazine....where is it?

FISHIN SUCKS
09-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Have any of you recieved your September or October issues:confused:? Last one I got was the August. And no, subscription is not up:) Just wondering if they have gone the route of Hotboat Mag.

CHACHI
09-25-2009, 09:22 AM
I haven't seen one in a long time.

Ken

Just Say N20
09-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Their website still seems active.

It shows this as the most current cover of the magazine. Is it what the last one you received looks like? I can't zoom in enough to read the date on the cover, it becomes un-readable.

Carl C
09-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I got that one. It is the August issue.

Air 22
09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
My Sept issue came...good articles too...:angel:

Errrrr... ummmm... sorry....wrong subscription:kingme: :toiletpap

gcarter
09-25-2009, 11:49 AM
skinny lil thing..

'cause Fountain quit advertising?????:wink:

BUIZILLA
09-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Thats the last one I got, skinny lil thing.. If I still have it I'll check the date, but it may have been pitched already...
I guess the nude volleyball article was over the top...

which is probably why FlyBoy bought it... :eek:

Air 22
09-25-2009, 12:09 PM
I guess the nude volleyball article was over the top...

which is probably why FlyBoy bought it... :eek:

:smileybo:.....:angel:

CHACHI
09-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Thats the last one I got, skinny lil thing.. If I still have it I'll check the date, but it may have been pitched already...
Hope you didn't pitch it, you could use it to gap spark plugs.

Ken

FISHIN SUCKS
09-25-2009, 03:17 PM
'cause Fountain quit advertising?????:wink:
LOL, you said a mooooooouuuuthful George! Maybe because They didn't know how to interview a bankrupt leader of a boat company and still leave a crown on his head:kingme:

Must be magazines in general, 'cause I have only recieved the one issue from New Zealand as well and that was suppose to be a free 1 year subscription. Really liked the quality of that mag a lot, but too many catamaran's

Barry Eller
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
I didn't renew my subscription to Powerboat. Come to think of it, I haven't received a Performance Boat Magazine in a while, that subscription is not expired yet...

gcarter
09-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I didn't renew my subscription to Powerboat. Come to think of it, I haven't received a Performance Boat Magazine in a while, that subscription is not expired yet...
I'm now receiving several mogazines in their online versions.
I think it's what we'll see a lot more of.
Several others are trying to get me to change the format I receive.
I'm sure it saves them 90% or more to not have to print.

FISHIN SUCKS
09-25-2009, 05:29 PM
I hate those damn on line mags......when I was talkin to the people at Performance Boat at the LA boat show, they told me I could not download the issues. Basically pointless for me cause I like to read the mags on the plane (where I have no internet connection).

Okay, so somebody on another site says that Powerboat Mag is only 8 issues a year, I thought it was 11 (november being off). Is this guy right?

The Hedgehog
09-25-2009, 05:41 PM
I renewed my Powerboat a while back. I actually had a subscription in effect. I did not know it. Instead of extending my "at the time" subscription, they sent me two magazines. WTF?

gcarter
09-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I suppose there's a way to download an entire magazine issue to read while not on line, but it would be a huge file.

Carl C
09-25-2009, 09:21 PM
I hate those damn on line mags......when I was talkin to the people at Performance Boat at the LA boat show, they told me I could not download the issues. Basically pointless for me cause I like to read the mags on the plane (where I have no internet connection).

Okay, so somebody on another site says that Powerboat Mag is only 8 issues a year, I thought it was 11 (november being off). Is this guy right?

Yes, I think 8 issues is it now. I agree about the on-line crap. There is enough free stuff to read on-line so why would anyone pay for that? A magazine can go on the boat, airplane, bathroom:eek:, or in bed etc.

CHACHI
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
My August issue of Performance Boat arrived yesterday, go figure.

Ken

Last Tango
09-29-2009, 03:50 PM
My fault. I didn't renew my subscription this summer.
Same thing happened when I didn't renew my subscription to Performance Boat(ing)? magazine a couple years ago.

Barry Eller
09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
My August issue of Performance Boat arrived yesterday, go figure.

Ken
August? I received my September issue today. I subscribe to the lake edition, it's supposed to be for boaters that have under 30' boats. A 35' Shockwave is on the cover...:frown:

LKSD
09-30-2009, 07:13 AM
The magazines in genral today seem to be skimping.. Not as many pages or issues or articles.. Even some of the auto mags I get seem to be a little lighter than they used to be.. Maybe they guess people only read text messages anymore?? :confused::nilly::bonk: .. Jamie

Planetwarmer
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
It sure doesn't seem like mags are any lighter on the ads these days though!

Air 22
10-01-2009, 06:43 AM
My November issue came last week with renewal notice..:wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
10-01-2009, 02:40 PM
All 67 pages of my November Powerboat just came in the mail today. Oh joy, I got a 'free' poster calendar to fatten it up a bit:confused: just got a power and motoryacht in the mail too, 145 pages in that baby!

Carl C
10-06-2009, 07:49 AM
At least it isn't just the boating rags that are hurting. Conde Nast Publications just stopped publishing several magazines:
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/dining/archives/2009/10/conde-nast-clos.html

A2VeeDub
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
My Sept issue came...good articles too...:angel:

Errrrr... ummmm... sorry....wrong subscription:kingme: :toiletpap

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51063&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1253894106 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51063&d=1253894106)

Speaking of that one. You notice how they combined the July and August into a singe issue? That was a cheap one. If your going to make a double issue it at least needs to be thicker than a single issue.:bonk: