PDA

View Full Version : 1987 22 Classic

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I am selling my 1987 22 Classic 454 magnum/alpha one. price $10,000.

I have owned and used this boat since 2001. This spring when I put it in the water for the first time there was water coming from the back of the engine. I assumed it had not been winterized correctly and the block had cracked during winter. I took the boat to my local shop and he was busy so I told him to get to it whenever he could. After a couple of weeks my curiosity got the best of me and I started looking at other boats on ebay and the Registry. Well I found a 26zx that was priced reasonably and my wife really liked. So what could I do but buy the 26. A couple of weeks ago my mechanic had some slow time and looked at the 22C. He pulled the motor and found that the block was not cracked, just needed new freeze plugs. I now have both boats sitting in the driveway and one of them has to go. Since the wife likes the 26...bingo...the 22 is for sale.
I have taken the boat out today and yesterday for 2 different 25 mile rides and everything seems to run ok. It needs alot of TLC as you can see in the pics. I haven't even cleaned it up very well. All gauges on the dash work but it really needs to be upgraded. The carpet and upholstery are ok but also could be replaced. The trim tabs worked last summer but are not working now. The windshield was bought new in 2008. It also got a new throttle and cables in 2008. I have a file of pics showing more of the boats scratches and such, that I will be glad to send anyone interested. This is not a show boat but a very usable everyday ride. If you are interested in doing a resoration, I had the boat mechanic give the stringers and transome a good inspection while the motor was pulled, and everything was strong and in very good shape. I am located in Louisville,Tn. Thanks,
Steve

ghiafreak62
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
PM Sent

oledawg
10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Boat sold or not? I have someone that might be interested.:cool!:

WifeHatesMyDonzi
10-02-2009, 05:00 AM
Yes the boat is still for sale

WifeHatesMyDonzi
10-11-2009, 08:19 AM
The weather is getting cooler here in East Tennessee. I'm ready to have the 22 winterized and put in storage for the winter.
Would anybody like to make an offer before I put it away for the season???

mrfixxall
05-29-2010, 11:13 AM
bump for ya!

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-24-2010, 08:23 AM
sold

NJFASTECH
07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I hope that went well for you!