PDA

View Full Version : Key West Worlds Offshore in 6 weeks...

Lenny
09-22-2009, 04:57 PM
...so why is it so quiet everywhere? and places other than here.

Poodle, who is confirmed?

???

Air 22
09-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Crissy and I are booked...fly'n into Key West...staying @ the Waldorf Astoria...1st time @ the Worlds...looking fwd to it...:pimp:

BlownCrewCab
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Aside from all the Drinking and Partying I heard they Race Boats that week also, try to go see that. and if you get to watch from a boat try to get on the leg between turn 1 & 2, that where the Good water is:yes:

CMC319
09-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm trying to get there Poodle.....maybe you and I can meet for that drink.....:nilly:

BERTRAM BOY
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Let the games begin!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt9uPRRJRpU

BlownCrewCab
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Key West is a gathering of friends who travel there to have a good time, rase a little hell, have a few drinks, and race scooters. Occasionally they have boat races there at the same time, which is a plus :) :)

Are these "Rental" Scooters your racing???? Or do some people show up with their own Race Ready Scooters? Either way, try to go see those Drinking things ($#!+) I Mean Races. It's a Great time no matter what you decide to do. If you can,:boat: Go Snorkeling out on the reef,:lobster: Great way to Kill a day (For minimal Bucks, Beer and wine included on trip back in:boggled:). you know Sloppy Joes has a Full time web cam going:eek:. Don't forget to Eat:pizza:

BUIZILLA
09-22-2009, 08:49 PM
NOBODY has beaten my scooter yet.... :shades:

well, maybe Bud did, but he was laying down when he did it.. :eek: :kingme:

BERTRAM BOY
09-22-2009, 09:11 PM
NOBODY has beaten my scooter yet.... :shades:
Well then, I guess you need to defend your title Mr. Senior Sandbagger....
Here's a pic to remember...

BUIZILLA
09-22-2009, 09:31 PM
now there's a photo you'll never forget...

Lenny
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Buzz, I beat you hands down many times :mad: Geesh :D

Blown, I have been about 4 times now with these folks. Two in a row manning bouys. We have done turn one, and turn two a few times. The choppers. the divers, ( KYFD ) all that stuff. Run to the Tortugas for fun too. Buiz's boat ( 30' Scarab, Poodles ( 25' Whitewater).

Sat with your dad at the Hilton and swilled beers back when Callan was running a pair of V-10's going against Fabio Buizzi and his Diesel's.

Actually been "mobbed" by the bad folks with the chickens at the wrong side of town on the scooter too.

Had lots of $2.00 doubles at the Legion just outside of Mallory Square, ( and got absolutely PISSED and lost ;) )

Have a Key West banner from the lamp posts too in my shop :confused: wonder how that got here.

Key Lime pie, hot sauce for Ice Cream, you name it, I still have a pile of it. Except for Babes coffee south of Largo. Got the mugs tho still. Thanx Poodle. :)

Those were the good ol' days.

Budmann was fast, but horizontal motorbikes don't count. ( lap dances do tho :D )

Guess we'll have to improve this year. Mr B, got some scoot rentals preplanned or we going to wing it?

Thanx for the replies folks, I thought we were dying here.

Air 22
09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Rentals, why screw up perfectly good ones??

Do they have any Scooters with "Extension Boxes" ya know so I can run a few mph faster???...:pimp:

Sweet Cheekz
09-23-2009, 09:39 AM
The rentals are pieces of chit Any of the hommys bringing their own rides kick everyones azzes It should be two different classes Maybe add a class for drunk and sober too
SC

BlownCrewCab
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
When I was about 20 Me and some friends went to Key West for the races, we didn't rent scooters- We rode BMX Bikes, Yep Pedal Power. Doing wheelies Down Duval, Making Berms out of buildings, Park benches, Bus stops etc. Well we made a Big enough stink that the cops Chased us down and threatened to put us in Jail if we rode "Anything But Singe File Down the Proper side of the road with Both wheels on the ground".

BERTRAM BOY
09-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Dwight,
Here ya go...Here's your "extension box" right here..
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXcM9evUpo

BUIZILLA
09-23-2009, 11:55 AM
The rentals are POS's, that's what makes it fun. You never know what your gettring, cept Buiz who err, fudge's and brings his "stock" scoot that Lenny soundly trounced witha rental.. :D :D :D obviously, I don't remember that part... :kingme:

CaribouLou
09-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I want to go to this....I've never been to FL.....

BERTRAM BOY
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
It was the mojito's... :D :D :beer:

...or all the ice cream.

BUIZILLA
09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
i'll rent my secret scooter...

men - $50 day :convertib:

women - 1 mustache ride per day :kingme:

no flamers need apply :party:

Lenny
09-23-2009, 04:57 PM
The rentals are pieces of chit Any of the hommys bringing their own rides kick everyones azzes It should be two different classes Maybe add a class for drunk and sober too
SC

Maybe, but,

#1, you have to be drunk to ride these things and think you're cool

#2, the rentals are pieces of s h i t because of the Worlds Offshore and the people it entices to come there and ride these things. Bud's wasn't pretty going back, I couldn't stop laughing when he returned it and nothing was mentioned :D

#3, down Whitehead a few times, to the square and such is grueling and not a task to be repeated a dozen times over a weekend.

Air 22
09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
This looks to be a "Thirsty" weekend...guess Crissy and I better get practicing..:drinkbeer::alky::newzealand:

HallJ
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I've heard a contingent of superhero offshore racers are making it down from lake St. Clair. I wonder who they are..............................

Jeff

Donzi Di
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I am so looking forward to this weekend. The girls (Crissy, Deneen and Heidi) and I will have a blast while the guys are off looking at the powerboats.

I know that I always have a great time scootering around - especially at midnight watching the scooter gang ahead of me swerving around on the road.

Diana