PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle air bag jacket

BUIZILLA
09-17-2009, 07:12 PM
yeah, I know, I really need to get a life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGDwBiTYdU&feature=channel

MOP
09-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Great item, wish I had one when I got whacked years ago. Got a broken clavicle ended up with mal-rotation and some back problems, but still here that's what counts Ok!

Ed Donnelly
09-18-2009, 01:03 AM
First I have heard of it. Pretty cool idea........Ed

zelatore
09-18-2009, 11:15 AM
So, a car 'jumped in front of him' and 'all he saw was brake lights' so the answer is to get rid of the 'speed bike' and get a cruiser that has worse stopping and handling capability?

I'm just sayin'.....

Actually, the guy came off pretty well in the interview. I hate doing that sort of thing...no mater how I thought I sounded in the interview, when I hear it later I sound like a fool.

Given my habit of forgetting to disconnect the tether on the boat and killing the motor when I stand up to dock, I wonder how long before I'd deploy the airbag jacket in the parking lot here at the office?

VetteLT193
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Given my habit of forgetting to disconnect the tether on the boat and killing the motor when I stand up to dock, I wonder how long before I'd deploy the airbag jacket in the parking lot here at the office?

I was thinking the same thing. Although my new boat has a kill switch that is near impossible to trip. I can walk around the whole boat with the tether stretched out and it hasn't popped yet.

joseph m. hahnl
09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
That's cool:shades:. but obviously the most common injury is to the legs:frown:

Craig S
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM
A friend of mine went down on his Guzzi with one. He says it worked. Dunno...its hard to do two studies...