PDA

View Full Version : New to the wonderful world of Donzi!

AJRDONZI18
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone. New to the site and boating( my first boat; grew up around and on boats), but have been doing the performance car thing for a while. Just bought an 18 classic recently. Already thinking about tinkering with it....shocking, I know. Any advice on headers/risers would be appreciated. It looks like its going to be time to replace them due to some corrosion. Should I go stock or aftermatket/stainless? Any true hp/tq gains? I'm running a stock 350 mag carb with an alpha 1 gen 2. Seem to be a lot of knowledgable guys around here. Any input would be great. Also, any guys running the hudson river around the poughkeepsie/kingston area?

MOP
09-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Headers do little if anything until you really get into the engine, if you do plan to modify then it may be worth going that route now otherwise it is just Bling!

Donziweasel
09-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree with Phil, for stock power, they are just bling, unless you buy lightwieght........still no hp gain, but it will lighten up the ass of the boat.....

Welcome to the boards.

olredalert
09-17-2009, 07:41 PM
------With just New York as an addy I cant tell weather you are in the salt or not. If not go aluminum GLMs as you will cut a bunch of weight off and there is a chance they will give you a horsie or two. They should flow a bit better looking at the cut-aways. :wink: They are also pretty price concious. If you are salty go with their cast iron ones (duplicates to the al.). The guys are right,,,big money headers are a waste until you have the motor to make them work!!! :yes: .........Mr.Bill

Donzi Vol
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the board! 18's are definitely the way to go :wink: How about posting some pictures of it if you've taken any yet. We love pictures!

-David