PDA

View Full Version : z25 color code

kvd
09-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I am looking to repair some scratches in the gelcoat on my '89 z25, I have looked at the Minicraft website to look up the color code. Though I am wondering which red color is correct.
https://www.minicraft.com/retail/donzimarine.htm

I have '89 but since z25 was produced from '86 or something i would believe its RT168, though if I go strictly on the year to find the red color it would be RT126.

Anyone in this great forum knows which code is correct?

And I am also wondering if this is recommended with sanding, buffing to hide the scratches without having to repaint/regel the hull.

Karl

mrfixxall
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi,

I am looking to repair some scratches in the gelcoat on my '89 z25, I have looked at the Minicraft website to look up the color code. Though I am wondering which red color is correct.
https://www.minicraft.com/retail/donzimarine.htm

I have '89 but since z25 was produced from '86 or something i would believe its RT168, though if I go strictly on the year to find the red color it would be RT126.

Anyone in this great forum knows which code is correct?

And I am also wondering if this is recommended with sanding, buffing to hide the scratches without having to repaint/regel the hull.

Karl

call minicraft and see if they will send you some color chips..

kvd
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I e-mailed them but unfortunately they did not recommend using this method.

Do to the age of the boat I suggest you should do a custom color match form your boats sample. We do not have any boat records to check which color maybe on your boat. The color we would make would be to the tone of the boat when it was just built. Reds change color very fast and the color we make will not match your boat.

Anyone have any experience in repairing gelcoat scratches on older donzis without having to do a repaint/regel?

I am not really looking for perfection but to cover the scratches as good as possible, they now have white in them and are really ugly on the red.

Karl