PDA

View Full Version : Uflex Throttle Shift Control

fogducker III
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
This is starting to get frustrating...:nilly: After looking at Livorsi controls and weighing up the pros and cons and availability, I am looking now for a Uflex unit, model B184M, sounds simple right? WRONG!

DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND ONE THAT ISN'T 5 TO 8 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!:shocking:

I have checked over a dozen online sites, nobody has one in stock, I tried to contact Uflex direct, their website is gone...? Their "parent" company GTC or GLC or whatever only deals with dealers.....:mad:

Does anybody know where I can get one of these units, pay for the damn thing along with shipping and have it sent to me here in Canada!!!?????

Thanks for any info. Jeremy

CHACHI
09-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Jeremy, spoke to some guy named Fred(in sales) at Livorsi today and in conversation I asked if they could squirt a single lever control in teal.

His response was yes. He also told me I could get one in black and silver.

FYI.

Ken

fogducker III
09-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Jeremy, spoke to some guy named Fred(in sales) at Livorsi today and in conversation I asked if they could squirt a single lever control in teal.

His response was yes. He also told me I could get one in black and silver.

FYI.

Ken

Yup, I know Livorsi will "splash" a Teal unit, problem is, according to CP Performance, the wait is between 7 to 10 days, and then they will only ship it to CP, not directly to me, and then CP sends it to me....so bottom line, I am waiting at LEAST two weeks and paying full whack, retail price.... the feedback I have got from site members is that the Livorsi unit is the same unit as the Uflex in quality, actually Uflex (or Teleflex or whoever they are) makes the units for Livorsi who add the bling-bling....

All I am trying to do is buy a good quality throttle/shift unit at a fair price and not wait to receive it until the middle of winter....is that unfair to ask for..:confused:

PS. I will still send the template whichever unit I get, they are the same monuting pattern....:wink:

zelatore
09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
I might be able to help you on the U-flex. Too late to call my rep tonight, but I'll make a call in the morning.

fogducker III
09-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I might be able to help you on the U-flex. Too late to call my rep tonight, but I'll make a call in the morning.

You are a gentleman sir...........:)

The one I require is the B184M which is specifically for the Merc unit....:wink:

I can be contacted via email at poole.j@shaw.ca or cell (250) 880-1067, thank you. Jeremy.

fogducker III
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I have one at my office...

Can I buy it? Or trade it for my first born? He doesn't eat much...:wink:

Seriously, let me know a price if it is available with shipping to me here in Canuck land and I will forward the $$, tanks.....

zelatore
09-16-2009, 12:10 PM
I got 'nuttin.

I was hoping my guys might have one in the warehouse. No such luck, I'd have to order it and wait so I can't get it any sooner.

Ball's in Poodle's court....

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the effort, I really do appreciate it....:)

Mr.Poodle...??:frown:

BUIZILLA
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
if the one fuzzy has is the exact same one as on the LE, you'll be VERY happy with it... I do remember there was a specific part number for Mercrusier that was different than Merc outboards... the first one that Doller got me was wrong due to this...

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 12:48 PM
if the one fuzzy has is the exact same one as on the LE, you'll be VERY happy with it... I do remember there was a specific part number for Mercrusier that was different than Merc outboards... the first one that Doller got me was wrong due to this...

Your right, the Mercruiser one is B184M or B184Merc......comes with a kit for adapting the ends. I have not found a single place that has one in stock, and I have been searching for a couple of days now....:frown:

http://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-20461-uflex-usa-mercury-side-mount-control-with-trim-b184m.aspx

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Checking warehouse.. We sold our only one while I was out of town.. Good thing I didn't rip out the Merc control on the Critter, which is where I planned for that one to go. I'll let ya know as soon as I hear from vendor..

Thanks Scott, from the results of my extensive search over the last few days, I doubt they will have one.........:frown: but.......:crossfing:

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I contacted a company in Ohio, they have one in their warehouse in Washington state, very close to me, problem is, they don't ship to Canada!!!!!:mad:

Thanks for trying Scott.....:wink:

gcarter
09-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I contacted a company in Ohio, they have one in their warehouse in Washington state, very close to me, problem is, they don't ship to Canada!!!!!:mad:

Thanks for trying Scott.....:wink:

Roadtrip? :wink:

BUIZILLA
09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
call Doller Marine

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 05:12 PM
call Doller Marine

Just did, they are closed, will try in the morning, figure they have a unit? and will ship to me?

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
call Doller Marine

Their website doesn't show any Uflex products...??

BUIZILLA
09-16-2009, 06:12 PM
the first one they ever saw or installed was mine, but they did tell me they were VERY impressed for the value and installation that they were going to stock at least one... but this was some time ago.... ya gotta watch that the wires for the trim don't get pinched in the handle channel :eek: for them...

rustnrot
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
jerrys marine lists several in stock online and they are usually right. if the rest poop out let me know. they have two listings, one b184m and b184merc. are they the one in the same?

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 07:03 PM
jerrys marine lists several in stock online and they are usually right. if the rest poop out let me know. they have two listings, one b184m and b184merc. are they the one in the same?

Good point, I hav seen the unit listed as B184M and B184Merc but never seen both listed on the same site...? I will have a look at their site, thanks!

At this point I am ready to go back to :boat: ...:mad::nilly::bonk:

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Your right, they list a number of them in stock, it looks like the B184M is superceded by the B184Merc...? problem is, I can not buy from them, I am not a registered business!!!:frown: and can not create an account....:mad:

rustnrot
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
let me know which one and I can get a price for you if no one else can. although I think they are the same price listed it is just I want to be sure and get the right one. I might be able to get them to pull both units but I cannot be certain both units are at their same outlet.

weird that uflexusa is gone. i wonder how long that has been?

fogducker III
09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
let me know which one and I can get a price for you if no one else can. although I think they are the same price listed it is just I want to be sure and get the right one. I might be able to get them to pull both units but I cannot be certain both units are at their same outlet.

weird that uflexusa is gone. i wonder how long that has been?

The unit I need is the B184Merc, it comes with a kit to adapt to the Mercruiser set-up. I can PM you my Visa or send Visa details to them or whatever, I am getting to my wits end trying to just buy a replacement control unit....:bonk:

If you are able to help and it is not any trouble, I would really appreciate it, thanks. Jeremy. (250) 880-1067 or poole.j@shaw.ca

gold-n-rod
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
I am getting to my wits end trying to just buy a replacement control unit....:bonk:
If you are able to help and it is not any trouble, I would really appreciate it, thanks. Jeremy. (250) 880-1067 or poole.j@shaw.ca

How about looking for a used unit to get you by whilst you wait for the proper one you seek? Surely, someone here has a used one they'd be willing to ship to Canukland. I would if I did.

BUIZILLA
09-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I have an account with Jerry's....

rustnrot
09-17-2009, 09:01 AM
uflexusa is still around, their website is not good that is all. jerrys has some of these, sent an email to jeremy, should be all set soon, hopefully.

btw, the factory is out of stock of these, at least for now, but it will still be a stocked item.