PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum trailer

VetteLT193
09-15-2009, 07:55 AM
not mine but I can check it out if anyone is interested. I could even pick it up for a member if it looks good and keep it at my house until you can get it. I've been there, done that, trying to find a decent used trailer and this one sure seems reasonable.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/1374604433.html

tmh
09-15-2009, 11:42 AM
The trailer for my 18c barely fits the boat. Would this be a good potential trailer for my boat? Is a dual axle trailer much heavier than a single axle all aluminum trailer? I don't have brakes on my trailer and this trailer doesn't appear to have brakes. I pull my boat with a 1971 BMW 4 door with a 1987 power train. I can buy a new larger single axle trailer with brakes for about $2k. Is this the better way to go as I could see the $500 used trailer turn into a $1500 trailer in no time? Your input is appreciated.
T.M. Hayes

cutwater
09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I pull my boat with a 1971 BMW 4 door with a 1987 power train.

I think any type of trailer hauling an 18' deep vee is a lot of strain for a BMW sedan.

not mine but I can check it out if anyone is interested.

Good find Vette. This looks like a good deal for someone. My trailer is A PIECE!!! I'm looking for one like this in TN.

VetteLT193
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
The 18 isn't too large and should do well with a single axle. The price seems too low for a single axle aluminum trailer with brakes. $2k is pretty cheap if it is sized right with brakes (Kodiak I hope).

Comparing a single maxed out trailer to a dual overkill trailer is comparing apples to oranges. I like having extra capacity. My Minx trailer had 2 axles and each could support the load of the whole boat on its own. My new trailer is triple axle for my 28 ZXO... 2 axles will support it. that makes trailering easy and stress free for me. But others like single axle, less stuff to go wrong. Tidbart has the nicest trailer I've ever seen sitting under his 22 classic... single axle, but a BIG axle is under his boat. it isn't overloaded by any stretch.

So... do some research and figure what you want first, then go from there.

VetteLT193
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I think any type of trailer hauling an 18' deep vee is a lot of strain for a BMW sedan.

Good find Vette. This looks like a good deal for someone. My trailer is A PIECE!!! I'm looking for one like this in TN.

Donzi Racer has my old Minx trailer, a South Florida Trailers aluminum. If you are in the market for a trailer I'd try to get that one from him. It tows AWESOME. My Bro has the same frame with longer bunks / smaller tires under his 22 so it's overkill for any other classic you'll put on it. I tried PM'ing you but your box is full...

TOPSY II
09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Yo ! I live in Ft. Myers and have been looking for Months for a trailer for my Minx. Send me a PM and I'll respond ASAP. If your Bro is still wanting to sell the old Minx Trailer, I'm definitely IN THE MARKET!

Thanks,

Topsy II

1986 Minx Hull #59 :crossfing:

MOP
09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
500 beans for dual axle is a give away, it can be adjusted to fit a smaller or slightly larger boat. In fact good chance you could slide a 22 on to it!

NJFASTECH
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I see it is an option in the ebay add
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59624

Sorry quoting Vettes last post

cutwater
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Donzi Racer has my old Minx trailer, a South Florida Trailers aluminum. If you are in the market for a trailer I'd try to get that one from him. It tows AWESOME. My Bro has the same frame with longer bunks / smaller tires under his 22 so it's overkill for any other classic you'll put on it. I tried PM'ing you but your box is full...

Shoot, yeah it looks like my quota just dropped from 50 msgs to 12?!? What in the world? Anyway, do you know what he wants for it?

Hey Topsy, if you need it, you can go at it! No conflict of interest here :thumbsup:

Donzi Vol
09-16-2009, 06:11 PM
What in the world? Anyway, do you know what he wants for it?

Oh watch out...Racer is always trying to pull something over! HA! Sorry...couldn't help myself. I'm not sure if the trailer is still available, but if so I'm sure he'll take care of you. Remind me to give you his number next time we talk. I'm sure Adam will be happy if you pick this one up :lookaroun:

Donzi Racer
09-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh watch out...Racer is always trying to pull something over! HA! Sorry...couldn't help myself. I'm not sure if the trailer is still available, but if so I'm sure he'll take care of you. Remind me to give you his number next time we talk. I'm sure Adam will be happy if you pick this one up :lookaroun:

Hey guys, I was going to keep whichever did not sell with the Minx assuming it sells. ha ha I wanted to keep one for a little LE Minx that may be coming south before long. Sorry won't be no FLIPPING going on with that one! As long as you have a useful trailer that I could keep a minx on, I would sell either but not both trailers. One is alluminum dual axle and looks & drives great, it is Vettes Shelby Minx trailer that is on ebay but we just got a fantastic White dual axle steel with shiny chome or Mag wheels and great brakes also. It looks close to new. Both are set up for MINX Donzi's. Price range is going to be 2k but they are both fantastic condition. Tom