PDA

View Full Version : Donzi in a barn

caretaker
09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I was approached recently about buying a boat thats in a million pieces, went to the barn in which its stored and its a 18' powder blue 1968 donzi, although i was told it isnt exactly a donzi, but it had donzi stickers on it. It also had holman moody stickers on it and some others i forget at the moment. appearantly the boat originally came with a 289 but now has a 302 (which is on a sling next to the boat). theres a number "14" spray painted on the starboard side of the bow on top. its got a volvo drive with the same holman moody nomeclature. the boat is an absolute disaster, most of the floor boards inside have been cut out, theres a real nice trailer under it. new seats on a shelf next to the boat, gauges in a box on another shelf (etc etc you get the picture). im not scared of the amount of work and for the money i can pick this boat up for would make it worth it, im here to ask your guys' thoughts before i proceed.
any input would be appriciated

thanks, eric

MOP
09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
You may have found something really good or who can say, what would help the guys to give a better opinion would be some photos. No doubt there is value but how much? There are few very knowledgeable guys up here on the HM and other oldies, give them a little ammunition!

Phil

Lenny
09-15-2009, 08:37 AM
One or two pictures would be nice. :yes: