PDA

View Full Version : Assistance Needed re: Livorsi control...?

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 03:03 PM
I know there are some Livorsi dealers on the site and others who can get Livorsi items. My stock Mercury control has given up the ghost and I need to replace it, I am not looking for advice on what type or make to get etc. I am looking for a specific Livorsi side mounted throttle/shift control, in Teal....:wink:

I contacted CP Performance and they stated I can order one through them and Livorsi would have to powder-coat it teal, likely that I would not see it for three to four weeks...+++ :bonk:Plus the cost is just under $400 and then $40++ for shipping....:boggled:

Anybody out there able to help me? First to find a teal unit and then get her shipped to me asap at a reasonable total cost?

The Livorsi part number is 730-SMC+RC (TL) Teal

Thanks for any help, Jeremy

poole.j@shaw.ca
(250) 880-1067

VetteLT193
09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
I am pretty sure Livorsi dropped Teal as a standard color so it's going to be custom or nothing. Might be faster to order it in a stock color, like silver, and have a local shop coat it for you.

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I am pretty sure Livorsi dropped Teal as a standard color so it's going to be custom or nothing. Might be faster to order it in a stock color, like silver, and have a local shop coat it for you.

I hear ya, apparently they still do teal but only on order, they have done them as a stock item in the past and I am hoping somebody might have one sitting on the shelf...? If I was to have it powdercoated "locally" I would be waiting longer than four weeks......:nilly: Things here on the "Island" are on a different time scale.....:wink:

I don't mind a "plain" one but $400 plus $40 odd for shipping from CP seems a little harsh...:confused:

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 03:50 PM
So according to CP Performance, because it has not been a big seller for them, they do not carry ANY of the colors of shifter in stock.....:confused::boggled:

Basically they are an order house from what I can see.....and the problem with that is they say Livorsi will not drop ship so the item would first have to be shipped to them and then on to me.....

So my request stands, ANYBODY able to find me a Teal, White or Black shift throttle control and ship it to me for a fair total price? Thanks. Jeremy.

mrfixxall
09-14-2009, 05:23 PM
So according to CP Performance, because it has not been a big seller for them, they do not carry ANY of the colors of shifter in stock.....:confused::boggled:

Basically they are an order house from what I can see.....and the problem with that is they say Livorsi will not drop ship so the item would first have to be shipped to them and then on to me.....

So my request stands, ANYBODY able to find me a Teal, White or Black shift throttle control and ship it to me for a fair total price? Thanks. Jeremy.

the best i can do is hook you up with Chris at EMI..their not a livoursi dealer but if you buy it from cp performance then see if they can drop the shifter off at EMI and Chris said he would powder coat it for you for a little $$,rite now their powder coating every other day and they have every color under the sun in stock then Chris will ship the shifter to you..If you want to go that route call EMI and ask for chris and tell him what pieces you want coated..

EMI 800-901-2830..

option # 2 i use to be a livoursi dealer but i dont know if my account is still active..if i can get it i can have the pieces powder coated from my local guy but dont know what the cost would be..their closed rite now and wouldnt have a answer til the morning..

is this the shifter?

http://www.livorsi.com/images/07catalog/Controls%2008/side_mount/SMCBK_SMCA1.jpg

LuauLounge
09-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Just an FYI,
I ordered the Dana Side Shifter and after I received it, I found that the Mercruiser control cables on my boat were not compatible with the new shifter. If you do order the Livorsi, make sure your existing cables will work, or order new cables at the time. The cables are not real expensive, approx $100, but you might find yourself waiting for parts after you have torn everything apart..

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Thats the one, you know, this is what I like about this site, everybody pulls out all the stops for everybody else.....:cool:

I appreciate all your effort and thoughts, I think at this point, the shifter I have is all but useless, I need one ASAP, I have a call into Harbourmaster, what ever colour he has on the shelf I will buy and ask him to ship direct to me via USPS Expedited Parcel, fairly reasonable rates and through the post office I don't pay an extortionate "brokerage" fee like UPS charge...:nilly:

I can then install the unit and use the boat while the weather is still OK and when the weather turns and I prepare to winterize the boat I can strip off the control and have it coated locally, that way they have all winter to do it at their leisure...

Again, thanks for the ideas, I guess this is one of the draw backs of living in the "sticks"...:wink:

the best i can do is hook you up with Chris at EMI..their not a livoursi dealer but if you buy it from cp performance then see if they can drop the shifter off at EMI and Chris said he would powder coat it for you for a little $$,rite now their powder coating every other day and they have every color under the sun in stock then Chris will ship the shifter to you..If you want to go that route call EMI and ask for chris and tell him what pieces you want coated..

EMI 800-901-2830..

option # 2 i use to be a livoursi dealer but i dont know if my account is still active..if i can get it i can have the pieces powder coated from my local guy but dont know what the cost would be..their closed rite now and wouldnt have a answer til the morning..

is this the shifter?

http://www.livorsi.com/images/07catalog/Controls%2008/side_mount/SMCBK_SMCA1.jpg

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Just an FYI,
I ordered the Dana Side Shifter and after I received it, I found that the Mercruiser control cables on my boat were not compatible with the new shifter. If you do order the Livorsi, make sure your existing cables will work, or order new cables at the time. The cables are not real expensive, approx $100, but you might find yourself waiting for parts after you have torn everything apart..

Yup, sorted that one out, my current set-up is the Merc 3000 series controls and the kit that comes with the controls swap over fine, thanks for the heads up though...:yes:

mrfixxall
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Yup, sorted that one out, my current set-up is the Merc 3000 series controls and the kit that comes with the controls swap over fine, thanks for the heads up though...:yes:

Just a reminder,the plate that goes behind the shifter is not included,,its a extra 40 bucks ?...

Also livoursi's main ware house is 45 min from me..

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Just a reminder,the plate that goes behind the shifter is not included,,its a extra 40 bucks ?...

Also livoursi's main ware house is 45 min from me..

I run a metal fabricating shop for a living, not that I know how to fabricate metal, I just run the shop and have some very good guys that know their stuff.....:wink: I have a piece of 14 gauge brushed stainless steel set aside and have done a template of my current 3000 series shifter backig plate, I also have a new kill switch on hand, just not sure where I will mount that.....:wink:

Once I hear back from Scott (harbourmaster) I will find out what route to take as far as shipping location etc....thanks again.

PS. Anybody looking for a VERY loose, hard to shift, with no "up" trim Series 3000 Mercury shifter...???:lookaroun:

gcarter
09-14-2009, 07:32 PM
You do realize it's a Uflex control, don't you?
Livorsi just dresses it up some....but this is a lot cheaper.

http://www.marineengine.com/products/accessory.php?in=3714137

Something has happened to the Uflex USA site....

rtgogo
09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=fogducker III;537748]I also have a new kill switch on hand, just not sure where I will mount that.....:wink:

I drilled a hole in in the bottom left corner of the adaptor plate and connected the stock Merc kill switch lines to a new switch. I'm sure i have pictures if you'd like to se how it looks... turned out nice...good luck...Great Upgrade!

roadtrip se
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
First of all the silver unit from Livorsi does not have the black on it any longer. Look at my thread on the Flowerpot rehab, if you want to see what you will get if you order it. It's all stainless and brushed metal now. I like it, because it blends in with the other brightwork around it, and I don't do bling.

Secondly, just do it. It makes the boat a complete dream to throttle compared to the old Merc junk. BTW, Harbormaster had the best prices on Livorsi stuff in the country and I shopped him.

Finally, while the shifter is Uflex-based, the finish of the Livorsi unit is much nicer. Poodle sent us a Uflex shifter on consignment for Jill's Scorpion boat, because she was having a hard time throttling the boat, and it was just too ugly to put on. Same function, but why put another black knob on the boat when you have more attractive options...

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks George, I think Buiz pointed out last time I enquired about controls that these were the ones Livorsi "dressed" up... they look different, but if they are well made and do the job, perhaps this is the route I should go...?

You do realize it's a Uflex control, don't you?
Livorsi just dresses it up some....but this is a lot cheaper.

http://www.marineengine.com/products/accessory.php?in=3714137

Something has happened to the Uflex USA site....

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
[quote=fogducker III;537748]I also have a new kill switch on hand, just not sure where I will mount that.....:wink:

I drilled a hole in in the bottom left corner of the adaptor plate and connected the stock Merc kill switch lines to a new switch. I'm sure i have pictures if you'd like to se how it looks... turned out nice...good luck...Great Upgrade!

Thanks, I think that is where it will go, having said that, from the info that has come to light, I need to look seriously at the Uflex unit...I am sooo confused....:eek::wink::wink:

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 09:30 PM
I hear ya RT, the problem right now is getting a damn unit to my door at a fair price....if the Uflex unit is mechanically the same as the Livorsi, I correct myself, if the Livorsi unit is basically a Uflex, and I can actually get one shipped to me for HALF the price I think Uflex is the route to go....I really don't mind the look, I can always have it powdercoated at a later date....

I must admit, I HATE saying this, Buiz, you were right....:yes::wink:

Thanks for everybody's input as per usual.... now where do I order/buy a Uflex unit from on the West coast?

First of all the silver unit from Livorsi does not have the black on it any longer. Look at my thread on the Flowerpot rehab, if you want to see what you will get if you order it. It's all stainless and brushed metal now. I like it, because it blends in with the other brightwork around it, and I don't do bling.

Secondly, just do it. It makes the boat a complete dream to throttle compared to the old Merc junk. BTW, Harbormaster had the best prices on Livorsi stuff in the country and I shopped him.

Finally, while the shifter is Uflex-based, the finish of the Livorsi unit is much nicer. Poodle sent us a Uflex shifter on consignment for Jill's Scorpion boat, because she was having a hard time throttling the boat, and it was just too ugly to put on. Same function, but why put another black knob on the boat when you have more attractive options...

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
I think Scot had purple in stock :) :)

Your mother dropped you on your head when you were little, right...:lookaroun::wink::wink::)

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I think Scot had purple in stock :) :)

Purple and Teal would look good in Lenny's cabin but might be a little much in the boat....:confused::eek::lookaroun::wink: