PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Ride

True Blue
01-07-2004, 09:36 PM
I am about to purchase a new boat. After extensive research, I have narrowed my choices to three. The Ultra 247 XS, a West Coast custom boat, which I will ride in and drive during the week of 1/12/04, when I go to California to their factory. The 24 Superboat, built on Long Island, which I have easy access to. And, the Donzi 22 Classic, which I have lusted for since my days as a teenager on Long Island, but have not ridden in for many years. I cannot make a mistake here folks. I need to experience the ride of the Donzi on open Bay waters, so that I know that my family will also like the ride of this boat, which has less freeboard than the other two. I will be in Boca Raton Florida from 2/15 through 2/23. Is there any board member living in an area fairly near to Boca Raton, that will take me out for a ride? I will be extremely happy to fill your gas tank, buy lunch, drinks, suntan lotion etc. I am also a pretty fun guy to hang with as well, so it won't be a dog afternoon. Thanks for your help.
Ken biggrin.

MOP
01-07-2004, 10:15 PM
There is a bunch of nice 22's down that way someone will put a grin on your puss! :D

catch 22
01-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Ken, I live in Lake Worth, just 15 minutes North of Boca. I am available 2/15,2/16,2/21, and 2/22. Would be more than happy to take you for a ride in a 22 classic. :cool: Jim

Shanghied Again
01-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Ken I know 24 Superboats well, back in my hey day of racing I ran with a buddie that owned one. Not a great ride, The 22ZX will run that boat down + you cant ever sell them. John and Jenniffer Cohen are good freinds of mine and the Superboat I would consider is the 30 Race she is built on a Magnum profile. But she is pricey. Take the 22 Classic for a ride I will be down at the Miami show on the 15th give me a call.

True Blue
01-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Catch 22, you are very generous and hospitable and I thank you. Can you e-mail your phone number to me at nystockboy@aol.com and I will contact you soon. I will see you at any time that is easiest for you during the period that I am in FL.
Frank, the Superboat 24 has been a step bottom since 1998 and I am told by many sources, not just owners, that it is both one of the fastest and best handling 24' hulls out there, substantially faster than most 24's with equivalent hp, in addition to being very tough and seaworthy. Additionally, their resale values are supposed to be excellent. But, as you know, I am very interested in the 22 Classic and look forward to having a ride in one in Florida.
Thanks,
Ken

Hanker
01-09-2004, 07:13 AM
aaahhhhh........is that my boat you're voluneering? Did you cash that check yet? :D

Glad to donate to the cause. You know your one of the few trusted one's. You drive the 22, and I'll take the 18' :D

Rootsy
01-09-2004, 07:25 AM
i've been having a tough time deciding on my next boat too.. it's a real tossup... i really like that 38ZR but man i donno if it can hold a candle to the new bayliners... please help :confused:
:D :p

Rootsy - A stirring we will go.. :p

Shanghied Again
01-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Ken, If you were looking to buy a LI boat there are two that I would buy before the 24 SB. The 24 Progression much better hull and the 24 Activator. These hulls are well documented for there agility and race I also like the Corsa. The better SB was the 21 thats was the origional Challenger 21 they raced in the mid 70s and early 80s. John Cohen is a great guy but the 24 Superboat is an old boat design that they cut a step in. They should have left it convetional. I raced a 24 in the 80s in a local race with my freind a wild ride but she was a heavy chine walker. You will find a few for sale but no one outside of NY knows what they are. Only a few do, my buddie Eddie has the 30 superboat forsale for 3 years he lives in Virginia. Now the 21 Superboat is a wild ride but she is stable. I am a part time sales person with a very heavy passion for Donzis I own 2 of them with a 3rd on the way. I sell all sort of boats including Suberboat,Kryptonite, Cigarette, NorTech. But my love will always be a Donzi The only boats that have a following and resale that can't be beat. The only other boat that has the same following is Cigarette. But if were to pick between an Ultra or a Superboat I would choose the Superboat.

MOP
01-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Frank make the chilly fair skinned boys proud tell us you stole a great deal out from under the future raisens! You Know Floradidians:D :D

True Blue
01-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Frank, thanks for your insights. They are appreciated.
Ken

Ed Donnelly
01-10-2004, 07:17 AM
OUCH !!