PDA

View Full Version : algae remover

joseph m. hahnl
09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
I took the Minx out of the water last week, to go to Vero Beach for the week:shades:.
Before I put her back in I need to de-algae the bottom:shocking:.

Does any one know of a good algae remover :crossfing:?

mrfixxall
09-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I took the Minx out of the water last week, to go to Vero Beach for the week:shades:.
Before I put her back in I need to de-algae the bottom:shocking:.

Does any one know of a good algae remover :crossfing:?

as soon as you take it out of the water pressure wash it,if you let it dry it will take longer to remove it with the pressure washer..

MOP
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
What also works very well is McGuire's wheel cleaner, Scot the harbor master recommended it years back. I keep it on hand for the boat and my wheels good stuff.

HOWARD O
09-13-2009, 01:47 PM
oxalix acid.

Or Mary Kate On-off hull cleaner and the like, which have oxalic acid in it. It's caustic stuff, cover your trailer, wear gloves, don't inhale it....but it sure does the job. Wipe it on or use a sprayer, wash it off.

MOP
09-13-2009, 02:06 PM
The McGuire's will haze spot a trailer, but wetting it down before applying stops that, I learned that real fast with my 16's. Just hose the trailer without getting the bottom wet, spray it on let it sit for a few minutes and hose it off, if it is real bad it may take a second dose!

BUIZILLA
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
ON-OFF

West Marine carry's it...

joseph m. hahnl
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
thanks all !:wink:

How safe are these products for a painted hull?:shocking:
The trailer is aluminum,I'm not to worried if it gets a cleaner on it:kingme:

FISHIN SUCKS
09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
I have had real good luck with Thetford Hull Cleaner (green bottle), safe on paint. The Works toilet bowl cleaner works very well on the outdrives and stainless props and pipes.

BigGrizzly
09-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I use Star Brite hull cleaner, and sometimes Wink. First wet down the trailer so the caustic fluid does not hurt it and rinse it well. I am sure all work well as does toilet bowl cleaner.

thescooter
09-14-2009, 04:17 PM
we use swimming pool wall cleaner, the (gel type) it works great and it is cheap compared to marine store cleaners. i buy it at the end of the year on sale. try it

Planetwarmer
09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
we use swimming pool wall cleaner, the (gel type) it works great and it is cheap compared to marine store cleaners. i buy it at the end of the year on sale. try it

I bet that would work "swimmingly"!:kingme:

VetteLT193
09-15-2009, 07:59 AM
thanks all !:wink:

How safe are these products for a painted hull?:shocking:
The trailer is aluminum,I'm not to worried if it gets a cleaner on it:kingme:

what is it painted with?