PDA

View Full Version : trippers flower pot

hot shot
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Anybody heard the numbers from ky with the newly reborn flower pot ? :popcorn: I think its time to come clean

BigGrizzly
09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
The break in is not complete and I will tell you for a fact that Tripper will Not do the come clean thing thing until that is complete and prop testing is all but done.

Air 22
09-13-2009, 09:46 PM
So far, about 55 is all she has....

55 @ 3000 RPM.....:angel:

hot shot
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I heard a rumor out of ky that he is trying some new expermental 2 blade prop and putting up some good numbers....:shocking::shocking::shocking:

Last Real Texan
09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I heard a rumor out of ky that he is trying some new expermental 2 blade prop and putting up some good numbers....:shocking::shocking::shocking:
And saving the single for AOTH next year!

mattyboy
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
faster than mercury man of FTD the flower pot bringing floral arrangements nationwide fast and fresh ;)

his new avatar

glad the boat is coming together for ya Todd

Bamboo Loui
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Brian was beaming before you picked her up. He knew.

congrats and thanks

Doug

hot shot
09-16-2009, 08:00 AM
The 20 ft cig run is comming fast oct 2 and 3. My bet is he will be there with a pot of flowers to deliver to louisville.... mabe byron will throw a new set of spark plugs in his and give him a little push !!! :kingme::kingme:

mattyboy
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Man, I'm dying here waiting on borrowed props to arrive for testing. Probably won't see anything new until the end of the week or early next.
As for the FTD Flowerpot delivery to Louisville, I am thinking of some nice snap dragons for the boys on the run.
And trust me, I know Byron will be there to give a push, probably more like a shove... Given the opposite circumstances, I would do the same thing to him.

Todd
if you want i have the Mercury winged helmet from a keg Party we had in the 80's It is burried under my don johnson pastel sport coat and glen frey album ;)

can't wait to see the flowerpot and bob "stock" haver's response to it :)

hot shot
09-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I just got off the phone with one of our donzi brothers and the numbers are starting to leak out.... sounds like we might need MR.X in cinci or mabe carl c :cool::cool:

mrfixxall
09-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I just got off the phone with one of our donzi brothers and the numbers are starting to leak out.... sounds like we might need MR.X in cinci or mabe carl c :cool::cool:

Me too!! leaking out aint the word, its more like niagra falls:tooth:

BUIZILLA
09-16-2009, 06:30 PM
rumors, rumors, rumors... :shades:

Carl C
09-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Until we get a gps readout this might as well be the new flowerpot:

Mr X
09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Carl,
that woud give you enough time to get that external steering installed.
You really need to do that......before the nitrous.

gold-n-rod
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Until we get a gps readout this might as well be the new flowerpot:
http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/popcorn.jpg?w=281&h=221

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Carl, it's the same old story. Come run with us. Either in Cinci in a few weeks for the Cig run or at AOTH X, the weekend before Memorial Day in 2010. Actually, I would prefer the extra prop testing time, so make it AOTH. You have like eight months warning to figure out the scheduling and logistics of showing up.
As for posting a GPS pic, it ain't happening... Love the pic by the way!

That pic was pretty good.

GPS pics are so yesterday. Lol.

An actual ride on the other hand....priceless!

You can keep the pics, I want a ride and if need be I will not look at the GPS:wink: At least as far as anyone else knows.

mattyboy
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
I got ya gps pic right here

from a red and white 22 classic with out a shorty back east last weekend

Todd knows what's out there, he'll go big ;)

Matty

searching for the clip from the 3 stooges when shemp get's hit on the head with the potted daisy ;)

run florist run ;)

wish I could make the 20 run that is an awesome venue

mattyboy
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
the sign of things to come ;) :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7XvsvhTJ8

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 10:34 PM
I got ya gps pic right here
from a red and white 22 classic with out shorty back east last weekend
Todd knows what's out there, he'll go big ;)
Matty
searching for the clip from the 3 stooges when shemp get's hit on the head with the potted daisy ;)
run florist run ;)
wish I could make the 20 run that is an awesome venue

Sniffle, sniffle, GPS pics are so important. You are just saying that because you are not in the 90+ crowd. Me and Tex are going to show you! I am going to get a big Donovan and put it in a 16 to show you ALL. That is right, an Arneson, two extension boxes mounted end to end, 1,500 hp, special prop from Brett, and some ski's for planes. I am going to run 140 at LOTO. Put up or shut up. GEO is not going to have anything on me!:popcorn:

mrfixxall
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Sniffle, sniffle, GPS pics are so important. You are just saying that because you are not in the 90+ crowd. Me and Tex are going to show you! I am going to get a big Donovan and put it in a 16 to show you ALL. That is right, an Arneson, two extension boxes mounted end to end, 1,500 hp, special prop from Brett, and some ski's for planes. I am going to run 140 at LOTO. Put up or shut up. GEO is not going to have anything on me!:popcorn:

let me know when your ready to begin,i have some free buddy passes and can help with the project.......4.3 powered Donovan twin turbo supercharged injected nos with a kick of nitro methane in a sweet sixteen autta open up a case of whoop ass!!!:eek:

mattyboy
09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I am in the over 40 crowd :p , but seeing what is going on in the non stock 22 crowd this upcoming season should prove to be interesting, 140 sounds good , it has been while since somone murmured damn donzis :):popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 11:10 PM
let me know when your ready to begin,i have some free buddy passes and can help with the project.......4.3 powered Donovan twin turbo supercharged injected nos with a kick of nitro methane in a sweet sixteen autta open up a case of whoop ass!!!:eek:

In that case....maybe we should do a Baby 14. Can you have Donovan build it? Oh yeah, Donovan is a block.:popcorn:

Dr. Dan
09-17-2009, 04:21 AM
In that case....maybe we should do a Baby 14. Can you have Donovan build it? Oh yeah, Donovan is a block.:popcorn:

Bill - wasn't Donavan a singer in the 60's or 70's - didn't he do that ridiculous "Hurley Girlie" song? One hit wonders....

Wonder what will be next? Perhaps another 100 + mph offering in some days gone by color scheme... like that random South Beach color... Teal?

Oh the drama.... :angel:

Anonymous Popcorn Eater :popcorn:

BUIZILLA
09-17-2009, 06:27 AM
yellow bimini's are soooooooooooooooooooooo ghey..

anonymous

Carl C
09-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Carl,
that woud give you enough time to get that external steering installed.
You really need to do that......before the nitrous.

Steering, wiring harness, computer program, engine hatch mirror, billet battery boxes and sea strainer.:)

No nitrous. I won't need that to out run the flower pot......:cool:

Is AOTH on Lake St. Clair this year?:eek:

The Hedgehog
09-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Bill - wasn't Donavan a singer in the 60's or 70's - didn't he do that ridiculous "Hurley Girlie" song? One hit wonders....
Wonder what will be next? Perhaps another 100 + mph offering in some days gone by color scheme... like that random South Beach color... Teal?
Oh the drama.... :angel:
Anonymous Popcorn Eater :popcorn:

I thought that Donavan is a quarterback that builds engines on the side.:nilly:

boxy
09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
run florist run
I think I just found my new sig line :D :D

Dr. Dan
09-17-2009, 08:42 AM
:wink:Actually Fuscia is close to the Pink Colored Anchor Shade I got from a certain Revlon Pilot we all know some years back.... it adds the perfect South Beach look to the Classic at Raft Ups.

Hey Todd I will make you a hell of a deal on a 27 Quad IV, I'll even pay the shipping.... I know ... I know...but I'm that kinda guy so say no more!:angel:

Good luck and be safe with your new Garden Tool -

Doc of Phantom Posts :kingme:

BUIZILLA
09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
suddenly...

I feel soooooooo inadequate... :shades:

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 10:16 AM
I thought that Donavan is a quarterback that builds engines on the side.:nilly:

you said block so I thought he was an O lineman not quaterback ;)

Todd what i meant about the over 40 was the toon is just at about 34 mph now with a new center stepped notched padded lifting toon 40 should be obtainable ;)

The Hedgehog
09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
you said block so I thought he was an O lineman not quaterback ;)
Todd what i meant about the over 40 was the toon is just at about 34 mph now with a new center stepped notched padded lifting toon 40 should be obtainable ;)

Oh you are so busted. That cat it is out of the bag. Now that you mentioned it, I am going to come clean as well. I am going to retrofit some steps, a pad and notch on the Baby 14.

Oh yeah, do you think I should remove the lifting strakes?

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh you are so busted. That cat it is out of the bag. Now that you mentioned it, I am going to come clean as well. I am going to retrofit some steps, a pad and notch on the Baby 14.
Oh yeah, do you think I should remove the lifting strakes?

"the cat " that right there is funny hedge a great play on words

the 14 rides pretty well with it's sharp keel and full length inner strakes, removing the strakes would take a little doing as the hull would need to be built up in that area to keep the stringers from coming thru the bottom.
the pad is an intersting idea that could have some possibilities
the steps would have to be "baby" steps ;)
sounds like plan hedge

this upcoming season is going to be very interesting

:popcorn: I'll be anchored up plenty of room on the toon to watch all the action I would think the cig 20 run will be good preview

funny thing is a guy on my lake just added one of these pods under his toon the frigging thing flies
:)

Carl C
09-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Oooooooooooo.........trash talk........I love it:yes:. BTW, Mr. Trip, I hit 82.8 on St. Clair tuesday with 2 peeps and lots of gear and gas and less than ideal top end conditions. Oh yeah, going north too so current was not a factor.

Air 22
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
:wink:Actually Fuscia is close to the Pink Colored Anchor Shade I got from a certain Revlon Pilot we all know some years back.... it adds the perfect South Beach look to the Classic at Raft Ups

Hey...Mr. Panatera Pontificator....its.. Capt. Johhny Revlon to you...get it right jeezzzzz....:kingme:

The Fuscia Anchor Shade just didn't match(color coordinated Fopa) with the Red Rocket...:pimp:....so after watching several episodes of Miami Vice...it hit me..your Teal Beast could now have that South Beach theme:smileybo:...Mojito's inluded...lol.... :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZV-pGFpAts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBtphZoY9do&feature=fvw

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Oooooooooooo.........trash talk........I love it:yes:. BTW, Mr. Trip, I hit 82.8 on St. Clair tuesday with 2 peeps and lots of gear and gas and less than ideal top end conditions. Oh yeah, going north too so current was not a factor.

Carl the 83.4 in lake george this past weekend was 2 peeps too and that 22 gets a shorty this off season so there is some more to go

gonna be a great off season

mrfixxall
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Carl the 83.4 in lake george this past weekend was 2 peeps too and that 22 gets a shorty this off season so there is some more to go

i heard it was 93.4:tooth:

Carl C
09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
i heard it was 93.4:tooth:

Hmmmm, what would a blower do for this puppy? Maybe in a few years...

Send props??:eek: Is that how it works?:confused: Send me some too plz.:)

Air 22
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Ummm... it was only Haver in the boat:drive:....:wink:

we need......
Carl C...22C 525
George Culotta 22C 525
Flowerpot 22C STOCK HP500EFI
DR Dan 22C HP500EFI or ??
AIR 22 22C STOCK HP500EFI
HAVER 22C STOCK 502EFI
Mick Hotshot 22C 496 Raylar 525

Lots of BLUE under the Hatches....line 'em up....go for a 7-8 mile drag....gps no gps...only crossing the finish line order matters..:)
Makes for an interesting OFF Season of Wrenching....:kingme: and one heck of a 2010 Dust-OFF:pimp:

Mr X
09-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Ummm... it was only Haver in the boat:drive:....:wink:
2010 Dust-Off...
we need......
Carl C...22C 525
George Culotta 22C 525
Flowerpot 22C STOCK HP500EFI
DR Dan 22C HP500EFI or ??
AIR 22 22C STOCK HP500EFI
HAVER 22C STOCK 502EFI
Mick Hotshot 22C 496 Raylar 525
Lots of BLUE under the Hatches....line 'em up....go for a 7-8 mile drag....gps no gps...only crossing the finish line order matters..:)
Makes for an interesting OFF Season of Wrenching....:kingme: and one heck of a 2010 Dust-OFF:pimp:

That sounds like fun...:checkered:

BUIZILLA
09-17-2009, 11:43 AM
That sounds like fun...:checkered: with a LeMans beach start :yes:

mrfixxall
09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
-Grizz's rehabbed Grime's/Conrad Criterion
-Don N's "525" 502 22
-MP's Blue Ghost 540 Crit
-Cliff's 540 Crit
-Byron's 540 BH
So who is going to lay odds on which boat doubles the official speed limit?
EDIT: If Ted shows, my bet goes to him...

Sounds like a Pinks all out grudge match to me:)

Brian41
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Is there going to be any cash waiting at the finish line?

Might have to buy another boat........ :nilly:

Donziweasel
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Sheeeshhhh.......installing a 600 hp 540 and not even a mention......:confused::bonk::)

blackhawk
09-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Anybody heard the numbers from ky with the newly reborn flower pot ? :popcorn: I think its time to come clean

642hp @ 5300 rpm, should crack 90 with the right prop :popcorn:

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 06:59 PM
trash talk is right up this guy's alley, he took all the abuse the lake george crowd could throw his way including dropping a johnny on the spot on him :p
LOL

gcarter
09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
How quickly we all forget that Ed DONNELEY (not Donovan) did all of this many years ago. Busted 100 in a 16 w/a woman driving!
Don't talk about it, do it!:wink:

Sweet Cheekz
09-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Sheeeshhhh.......installing a 600 hp 540 and not even a mention......:confused::bonk::)

No kidding
Whats a guy gotta do to get a word? :boggled:

Barry Eller
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
yellow bimini's are soooooooooooooooooooooo ghey..

anonymous

Carefull there pal!, I have a yellow bimini...and I'm damn sure not GHEY! :wink:

BUIZILLA
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
but it's not on a toon boat.. :kingme:

Dr. Dan
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
That sounds like fun...:checkered:

I agree Ted... (BTW I am going to want to be talking to you soon) - I think if we went up the narrows to where it opens up and then run up to Rogers Rock as the finish line.... we can see who shows first and in what order. Maybe even get a radar gun for giggles.

Usually once you are that far North in the Lake, the monitoring of speed is not an issue and the water is less traveled and pretty consistant. 2 years ago its where Poodle, Rooster Boy and I ran strong...and it was a hoot to be sure.

Doc of Non-Compete Clauses & Blue Motor Hybrids :angel:

Air 22
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I agree Ted... (BTW I am going to want to be talking to you soon) - I think if we went up the narrows to where it opens up and then run up to Rogers Rock as the finish line.... we can see who shows first and in what order. Maybe even get a radar gun for giggles.
Usually once you are that far North in the Lake, the monitoring of speed is not an issue and the water is less traveled and pretty consistant. 2 years ago its where Poodle, Rooster Boy and I ran strong...and it was a hoot to be sure.
Doc of Non-Compete Clauses & Blue Motor Hybrids :angel:

See Pic below....This is the area of the 2010 Shootout....on Lake George, NY

Thats right folks....a no BS ..Balls Out 2010 Season Braggin Rights:cool:...Bring it....and Bring it hard...cuz ur gonna need it:yes:...We'll even have a 1st Place Trophie......"No 2nd's cuz second place is the 1st LOOSER"..:wink:

Time to TBA...but it will be AFTER the Poker Run Saturday...stay tuned for more details:pimp:

Start planning now...2010 LGDCC DustOff June 18, 19, and 20

Most folks stay at the Treasure Cove Resort..
http://www.treasurecoveresort.com/

and another very close resort is Capri Village Resort.
http://www.caprivillage.com/

boxy
09-18-2009, 11:15 AM
-----------

Carl C
09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
trash talk is right up this guy's alley, he took all the abuse the lake george crowd could throw his way including dropping a johnny on the spot on him :p
LOL

The 525 EFI is a great match for the 22C. It really should be an option. It brings the boat to life without going to insane power.

mattyboy
09-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Boxy

LMAO

mike o
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I know where I can borrow a radar gun for that weekend :fire:,:kingme:..........

glashole
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
if you guys want a video of the race i have no problem putting someone and all their camera gear and maybe a tripod on the back of my boat and they can catch all of action of the lead boats battling for position right there behind me

I would be awesome to show that at dinner

think about it and let me know

Shea

Sweet Cheekz
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
if you guys want a video of the race i have no problem putting someone and all their camera gear and maybe a tripod on the back of my boat and they can catch all of action of the lead boats battling for position right there behind me

I would be awesome to show that at dinner

think about it and let me know

Shea

You are like the Canadian Ambassador, always helping all the poor saps from down south. Very generous offer :angel:
SC

boxy
09-18-2009, 09:00 PM
You are like the Canadian Ambassador, always helping all the poor saps from down south. Very generous offer :angel:
SC
Some guys act like a Big Deal, and some guys are the real Big Deal ...... :pimp::pimp:

mattyboy
09-20-2009, 07:59 AM
So, we now have two posted numbers on 525 boats. I agree, a great package option for the 22.
So help me understand why the freshly rigged 525 boat with full Bravo is turning the same top end number or better than the shortie boat with the same 28 pitch bravo prop?
Might as well keyboard race, until we can run'em for real next Spring.

That is the 64k question??? gonna be a long off season, sorta like the week lay off before super bowl still a little summer left to get some tweaking done.

gotta tell you the Bravo boys bring new meaning to a blinged out bilge

the before and after pictures :eek: :kingme:

Carl C
09-20-2009, 08:17 AM
So, we now have two posted numbers on 525 boats. I agree, a great package option for the 22.

So help me understand why the freshly rigged 525 boat with full Bravo is turning the same top end number or better than the shortie boat with the same 28 pitch bravo prop?

Might as well keyboard race, until we can run'em for real next Spring.

First off, I'm running a 30p Bravo 1. Second, I have no rpm info this year. Third, I am still getting used to this package. Fourth, I still have no full hydraulic steering. My best to date is 83.4. I can easily break 80 fully loaded. Oh, and we all know no two Donzis are exactly alike! I may not have the fastest hull out there but I don't have any porpoising or chine walk issues either. BTW, the hull seems to be holding up well after a season of spirited running on the Great Lakes. Stay tuned, I WILL run an 84 before the season is over. I have not pushed it to the ragged edge yet.:)

Air 22
09-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Carl..not worry ya or anything...but we'll be cruising @ 84 during the 2010 LGDDC SHOOTOUT so get the NOS, get a Whipple or Procharger and Steering..."Just Do it"....and C U @ Lake George on the Starting Line...:kingme:

Carl C
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Carl..not worry ya or anything...but we'll be cruising @ 84 during the 2010 LGDDC SHOOTOUT so get the NOS, get a Whipple or Procharger and Steering..."Just Do it"....and C U @ Lake George on the Starting Line...:kingme:

OK, Mr. "we". The only gps shot I've seen from you is an 80 from a questionable angle....:popcorn:
I was actually cruising at 80 on Lake St. Clair for a bit before I backed off. Too cool. I said to my passenger "we're cruising at 80 mph!". That was gps on my chartplotter. The analog speedo is only 2 mph optimistic.

Before anyone calls me out on this: Loud conversation is possible with the wind-aways at 80+!

Why wait til spring? Bring those puppies up here now to St. Clair. I will be out there monday if the weather forecast holds up.

Air 22
09-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Ur right Carl...Ur faster on Paper:wink:....Buuutttt there is more than one 525 22C that is matching your speeds and its NOT bolted to a Shorty..:eek:....

Bring it "WE" all wanna c u @ LG man...So work hard this off season...:smash:

You have 9 Months to prepare....after that no more excuses...Just Bring It:kingme:

Air of "Just Bring it Shootouts"

The Hedgehog
09-20-2009, 09:33 AM
How quickly we all forget that Ed DONNELEY (not Donovan) did all of this many years ago. Busted 100 in a 16 w/a woman driving!
Don't talk about it, do it!:wink:

Donneley not Donovan....that's pretty good.

I heard about that. That is some good stuff.:yes:

Carl C
09-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Ur right Carl...Ur faster on Paper:wink:....Buuutttt there is more than one 525 22C that is matching your speeds and its NOT bolted to a Shorty..:eek:....

Bring it "WE" all wanna c u @ LG man...So work hard this off season...:smash:

You have 9 Months to prepare....after that no more excuses...Just Bring It:kingme:

Air of "Just Bring it Shootouts"

Is he on this board? I would like to compare notes on a couple of things. Could you contact him if he's not here? I can be reached at 248-330-0048. I am also running a slightly dinged up prop right now. There is a little more speed there when I get the steering and prop dialed in to the right rpms. My goal wasn't to have the fastest 22 but it does make me feel warm and fuzzy all over when I win a race........& I've only lost once to a boat in my class & that was another 22C!

BUIZILLA
09-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Carl, i'm seriously SURE you won't be allowed to run with the crowd at the Dustoff or AOTH without new steering... lonnngggg winter to upgrade that... :yes:

Carl C
09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Steering will be on, tach working and the prop sent to Brett to be fixed and maybe tweaked. When is the dust-off?

Air 22
09-20-2009, 10:08 AM
See Pic below....This is the area of the 2010 LGDCC Shootout....
Thats right folks....a no BS ..Balls Out 2010 Season Braggin Rights:cool:...Bring it....and Bring it hard...cuz ur gonna need it:yes:...We'll even have a 1st Place Trophie......"No 2nd's cuz second place is the 1st LOOSER"..:wink:
Time to TBA...but it will be AFTER the Poker Run Saturday...stay tuned for more details:pimp:
Start planning now...2010 LGDCC DustOff June 18, 19, and 20
Most folks stay at the Treasure Cove Resort..
http://www.treasurecoveresort.com/
and another very close resort is Capri Village Resort.
http://www.caprivillage.com/

FYI Carl...

Carl C
09-20-2009, 10:26 AM
FYI Carl...
K, thanks. Lots of time.
Todd, I think I'm right where I should be considering the issues I've stated. And I have TWO gps's! (chartplotter & back-up handheld)

BUIZILLA
09-20-2009, 10:52 AM
an 18 will be Top Dog at the Dustoff next June...

you heard it here first.. :cool:

Air 22
09-20-2009, 02:19 PM
an 18 will be Top Dog at the Dustoff next June...

you heard it here first.. :cool:

Yes...I agree:yes:...:wink:....But it has to ACTUALLY be running and in attendance to qualify....:boat:

Air 22
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
For the 2010 Shootout.....:wink:

1. A Life Jacket must be worn...
2. Tethered Kill Switch in working condition.
3. NO PASSENGERS...a Driver's only run.

Air 22
09-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Who's gonna hold my beer? :boggled: :boggled:
Are u kidding me? Being from the land of Flip-flops and Mojitos.... I'd figure you would use your feet.... beer monkey.....:beer:
AND.....if you have full-hyd steering....are multi-task orientated:pimp:.... u can take ur hands off the wheel and sip....lol:) caution...no spilling allowed or ur automatically disqualified...:nilly:....:kingme:....Either way...I'll have a cold one wait'n for ya at the finish line beach boy....:pimp:

Trash can filling up...gotta go empty it...:)

Air 22
09-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Oh, so I take it your not running???

Key word bacon breath is "WAITING for you"....lol....:cool:

foam...lmao:wink:

osur866
09-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Here's another novel idea, how bout all the trash talkin 22's come to LOTO Shootout and run against other boats in their class and let the nonbaised judges of this event declare a true overall winner :wink:, usually 4th weekend in Sept. this year won by a scarbe @ 65 mph :bonk:Steve

Air 22
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Poodle...Do they make leak proof Beer Helmets? :angel:

Air 22
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Well, since I know the red blingmaster's boat isn't getting there on it's own power before me, you must be gonna be a nice guy and hang out on the beach guarding the coolers..

Remember I race cooler's...lol:kingme:

The Red Blingmaster will run w you...Trust me...:wink:....Just bring the Sand Critter North....:pimp:

BUIZILLA
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
usually 4th weekend in Sept. this year won by a scarbe @ 65 mph :bonk:Steve 4th weekend in Sept isn't here yet.. :wink:

Sweet Cheekz
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant August since that's when it is. It would be fun to have a Donzi only shootout
SC

Carl C
09-20-2009, 06:46 PM
For the 2010 Shootout.....:wink:

1. A Life Jacket must be worn...
2. Tethered Kill Switch in working condition.
3. NO PASSENGERS...a Driver's only run.

No problems there.
Is this to be a top speed gps or radar run?
Or a line 'em up and race from a stop?
Can the interior and extra battery be removed :)?
Who will keep the popo's distracted while this goes on?
What's the prize?
:popcorn:

Air 22
09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
No problems there.
Is this to be a top speed gps or radar run?
Or a line 'em up and race from a stop?
Can the interior and extra battery be removed :)?
Who will keep the popo's distracted while this goes on?
What's the prize?
:popcorn:

Carl u can show up with a 22C no batteries, no interior and no common sense...it doesn't matter....:nilly:

As for the Shootout....DONZI CLASSIC's only...One race... one shot to be #1 for 2010.

Start will be an all boats line-up..the flag drops:yes:....from 0 to Whatever u can pull...:cool: Boats must run a straight line ...from start to finish...no radar no gps required...just good old fashioned 1st one to cross the finish line wins:party::)...should be 6-7 miles of straight line water....plenty of time to blow the motors that will blow and drives too:shocking:..thats if they didnt blow on the flag drop...:nilly:...:pimp:.....Ohhhh Baby this is gonna be fun....:popcorn:

Prize...a Trophie and 364 days of Bragging rights....I'm entertaining an entry fee of $100 per boat...half of entry fee's to the winner the other half to the Club. :wink:

Carl C
09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm in. Bragging rights is a good enough prize.

Cuda
09-21-2009, 07:11 AM
4th weekend in Sept isn't here yet.. :wink:
Glad you caught that. I thought I'd stepped off into a time machine. If a boat ran the fourth week of Sept, it's fast! It could have left here today, and gotten there yesterday. :)

Cuda
09-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Carl, add another 10 mph and you can run with Catch and his Jr Acheiver 454. :)

Btw, Catch said the best money he ever spent on his boat was when he went to hydraulic steering. He said he was constantly sawing on the wheel before that.

Carl C
09-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Carl, add another 10 mph and you can run with Catch and his Jr Acheiver 454. :)

Btw, Catch said the best money he ever spent on his boat was when he went to hydraulic steering. He said he was constantly sawing on the wheel before that.

I know I won't win and so do some others so that's why a prize pot won't work. The worst thing about this type of race is maybe getting caught in a wake or roostertail and having to back off. I'd rather see a radar run but that won't work on Lake George so I am in for fun and I will hammer my XR out of the hole one time!:) I'll have plenty of time to get this thing dialed in.

I'll bet that two small N2O fogger nozzles would get me near 90:popcorn:.

BUIZILLA
09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
radar guns are sooooooooooooooooo 80's...

hot shot
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM
I have a brand new 80"s radar gun in case we want to go back in time... something like the cop's use :confused:

Carl C
09-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I have a brand new 80"s radar gun in case we want to go back in time... something like the cop's use :confused:

After the first couple runs the cops probably will be using theirs.:nilly:
Dropping the same gps in each boat is another alternative but not on a 45 mph lake!!
A free for all run from the hole it is.

BUIZILLA
09-21-2009, 09:07 AM
So AirBoy.... the run is from the north narrows opening to the rock?

Cuda
09-21-2009, 09:12 AM
I know I won't win and so do some others so that's why a prize pot won't work. The worst thing about this type of race is maybe getting caught in a wake or roostertail and having to back off. I'd rather see a radar run but that won't work on Lake George so I am in for fun and I will hammer my XR out of the hole one time!:) I'll have plenty of time to get this thing dialed in.

I'll bet that two small N2O fogger nozzles would get me near 90:popcorn:.
Are we back to computer racing again?

BUIZILLA
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
if you break a HD drive on just one hole shot in a light boat, it's a POS to start with...

just sayin'.. :kingme:

Mr X
09-21-2009, 09:57 AM
You want me to hole shot start my shortie boat???
I spent $8K last fall for a new shortie and XR upper.
Potential winnings from the pot, based on ten racers is $500.
My keyboard racer fingers says that risking a drive on a hole shot start
puts me $7500 in the hole from the start, IF I win, which I won't because
I'll be on the end of a tow strap.
Even, if it is just a gear set at $1200 plus labor, I'm still in the hole by $700,
or really $1200, because again, I will be broken.
Now a 25-30 mile per hour rolling start with a flag boat would get my attention.
As for radar trails, yawn, what is the point of that? Next. I could radar run the boat here,
save a ton of travel and lodging costs, and just post it. Heck, I could just take the SRT for
a blast down the Parkway, and save on the time to launch the boat. Not the point of running them up
to the Rock at LG...
And yes, driving to the conditions becomes part of the equation. It can be a little wet behind the Flowerpot.

100% agreed

BigGrizzly
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
I am with Ted and Tripper. But I can't win I only go 86, so I will pick up my toys and sit on the dock with the women passingers that could not go on the testosterone race

Mr X
09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
If you want to make this interesting, let's put your wife or significant other in the driver's seat and take the testosterone out of the equation....
Just trash talk any way. I've enjoyed it. The race would be over before it started, based on who entered....
True.....just trash talk. There is always someone faster.

BUIZILLA
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
won't be in that game, my testo count is dangerously low :frown: as it is..

but, i'll probably be a finish line spectator :shades:

Cuda
09-21-2009, 10:29 AM
My dad can beat up your dad.

boxy
09-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Bring it with you Mick. We can use it to heat up some nachos, while we are waiting for the boats to get to Rodgers rock.... :shades::shades:

Air 22
09-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Waaa...waaaaa waaaa....(Trash can filling:pimp:)

Did you throttle jockey's note the distance of the race?...6-7+ miles...if you cant get ur Shorty STOCKER POT ASS running and PASS the STOCK boats(like mine) then take ur toys and go home:eek:...There will be no "Running Start" To keep it fair...we ALL start form 0.:nilly: Maybe a little practice over the next 9 months can boost all the Self Centered Infantile Egomaniacs to make this balls out run.:kingme:

Carl C
09-21-2009, 12:16 PM
[quote=Cuda;539125]Are we back to computer racing again?[/quote

Gotta keep 'em wondering. I agree that these aren't drag boats and a rolling start would be easier on the hardware but I am in either way. I can get a pretty good holeshot with the shorty if running light and I'll hammer it one time. You all decide.

Oh yeah, it gets a little wet behind the yellow "boat with no name" too.

When I use the vhf I say "this is the little yellow Donzi" calling so-and-so...

Maybe I should just name her "Little Yellow Donzi".

Just sayin'

mattyboy
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

maybe we can get the girls to get bee hives and put on little yellow pokadot bikini's and we can roast weenies and marshmallows then play beach blanket bingo

cause this all sounds like a plot from the 60's annette funicello movie

of course you know the club will have the last word on this ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyrhC9jFog

Air 22
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Matty....

This event is not part of the LGDCC..I have erased and edited LGDCC from any such event. This will be for the boys that wanna play AFTER the Poker run on Saturday or possibly Sunday Morning....We dont wanna include the club as a liability. If 10+ boats happen to be in the same area and wanna "RUN" so be it...:)

We want big attendance numbers for the 2010 LGDCC Dust-OFF that is the priority:)...

Cuda
09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
maybe we can get the girls to get bee hives and put on little yellow pokadot bikini's and we can roast weenies and marshmallows then play beach blanket bingo
cause this all sounds like a plot from the 60's annette funicello movie
of course you know the club will have the last word on this ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTyrhC9jFog

Of this one. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHsdlU5_Oc

glashole
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
why is this race not in cumberland anyways?

Air 22
09-21-2009, 02:16 PM
This "Shootout" is a seperate event...end of story:wink:

If ya wanna run...great:yes:...if ya wanna Grandstand and Smack-talk...thats ok too...:pimp:

Either way...Just come and have some fun...:wink:...when the water settles...there will be one..yep ONE Winner....hmmmm whoooooo will that be????:pizza::beer:.....To be continued June 2010:party::kingme::cool:

Cuda
09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
I could probably run 110 in my fishboat, but I'll respect the organizers wishes.:yes:

Planetwarmer
09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
[quote=Cuda;539125]Are we back to computer racing again?[/quote

Oh yeah, it gets a little wet behind the yellow "boat with no name" too.

When I use the vhf I say "this is the little yellow Donzi" calling so-and-so...

Maybe I should just name her "Little Yellow Donzi".

Just sayin'

Hows-a-bout "Banana Hammock", "The Yellow Submarine", or "You Callin' Me Yella" !

Carl C
09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
[quote=Carl C;539187]

Hows-a-bout "Banana Hammock", "The Yellow Submarine", or "You Callin' Me Yella" !

They will have some more colorful names for this boat after I hose 'em down at LG:yes::eek::cool::nilly:...........:popcorn:

mattyboy
09-21-2009, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KifZ01yTCL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7dxs2J6gc

STP fuel additive :p

Air 22
09-21-2009, 07:31 PM
"Hey Azzhole...pull this yellow piece of sheet over right now..."...LMOA...:kingme:

Air 22
09-21-2009, 07:40 PM
You bet not let B-1 hear you talking like that boy... :nilly: :nilly:

Well...just so were clear here..B-1 is not part of the conversation YET..that being said..the comment wasn't in ref to him anyway:toiletpap...:angel:.. .."Remember...never leave your wingman":)

The Hedgehog
09-21-2009, 10:39 PM
That is enough. I will show up in the 14 with Arneson and wax all of you like you are tied to the dock. Shotgun start and all.:popcorn:

Tony
09-22-2009, 10:42 AM
[quote=Planetwarmer;539270]

They will have some more colorful names for this boat after I hose 'em down at LG:yes::eek::cool::nilly:...........:popcorn:

Attention campers: Carl C. will be attending a major event! :eek::)

:beer:

Tony
09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
With all these fancy, fragile outdrives...and high-pitched props...I figure the only event my boat would have a chance in is a standing start, 0-70mph contest (maybe).

Jay Lurie's boat would likely win the 0-40mph contest, since that boat has a killer hole shot!

BigGrizzly
09-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Carl C attending an event:shocking::yes:

Carl C
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't jinx me....:nilly:

mattyboy
09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
ummmmmm Tony school is out in June I think it is time for your old boat and your new boat to meet, don't worry the new boat will fit in just fine with the other volvos in attendance

boxy
09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
hows-a-bout "banana hammock", "the yellow submarine",

:p :p

Carl C
09-22-2009, 11:55 AM
You know, since I need a radio handle but don't want to name my boat.....how about "No Clever Name"?

mattyboy
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
this does give me an idea for the friday night lakeside party

umm but the only speedos allowed are for the boats

get your brycreem out and your best baggies :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDesGtp-JII

jl1962
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
ummmmmm Tony school is out in June I think it is time for your old boat and your new boat to meet, don't worry the new boat will fit in just fine with the other volvos in attendance

Tony - C'mon out! Time for Ol' Red to meet New Red!

0 - 40 hole shot? Nah - I'm happy to win Looking Awesome at the Dock! :cool:

These other guys are gonna win a ride in a police car :bonk:

Air 22
09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, what he said!!
Won't be our first time :eek: :nilly: :eek:
...:popcorn:....:beer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psTUiQzNoxw&feature=related
and because we can't drive :drive:45...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2w83zPr6wU
BTW...I went to highschool with the Mayor of LG's daughter...:cool:...so that may be of some help:angel:...:kingme:

jl1962
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16u0wwCfoJ4

and while I'm at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzZ1N9IuzJM&feature=related

Carl C
09-22-2009, 08:36 PM
We should keep it off the forums when the date gets near. Haven't been in a cop car in a long time and would like to keep it that way:wink:.

Now, back to the laboratory........

Tony
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Matty, Jay, Scott...I have always wanted to see and boat Lake George, so maye this is the right year to do it. I think it would be awesome to snap a picture of my current boat in the same boathouse with Jay Lurie's Ski Sporter (my old boat!). As an added bonus, it would be sweet to see who can back up their smacktalk with real live performance vs. those who just blow smoke. Sounds like it is shaping up to be quite a happening event!

By the way...what are the dates?

Phil S
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
...and I'm not that bad of a photographer.....what I've read upon this here forum though,..I may just pack up my tripod, show up at AOTH X, and take Glashole ("Canadian Ambassador"), up on his offer (as the photographer ! )

(still lmao Glashole....like your style, and not that you're not seriously-fast from what I've read,... that was some seriously-funny smack-talkin' stuff my Canadian friend) :)

Phil S.

mattyboy
09-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Matty, Jay, Scott...I have always wanted to see and boat Lake George, so maye this is the right year to do it. I think it would be awesome to snap a picture of my current boat in the same boathouse with Jay Lurie's Ski Sporter (my old boat!). As an added bonus, it would be sweet to see who can back up their smacktalk with real live performance vs. those who just blow smoke. Sounds like it is shaping up to be quite a happining event!

By the way...what are the dates?

Father's day weekend

Air 22
09-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Event Dates June 18, 19 and 20

its time to..."Nut-up or Shut-up"...:kingme:

Air 22
10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
As you ready your toys for a long winter's nap(in the North)...Remember...
If ya aint first...you're last:eek:....so "Bring it" :pimp: to LG 2010...
"Well here's the deal...I'm the best there is... plain and simple...Nobody can hang with my stuff...I'm just a big hairy American winning machine...If ya ain't 1st you're last...":drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_isgXzxIa24&feature=related

Carl C
10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
This was an interesting thread but the fact that all results are being regarded as top secret kind of makes it useless:confused:. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to know what Potter was able to do with this 500EFI. HP numbers, speed numbers, how the solid motor mount worked out would all make this thread useful. What's the big secret?:confused:

Mr X
10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Is it a secret....or is he just getting it dialed in before the results are made public?

Carl C
10-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Is it a secret....or is he just getting it dialed in before the results are made public?

It reads to me like the dyno tests were done and prop testing done and the 30p Bravo 1 was liked best at least for now and the boat is now winterized. It's Todd's right to not post the info and maybe there are insurance issues or something but results would be nice.........

gero1
10-24-2009, 12:58 PM
i am guessing around a million, no no wait... a gazillion mph amd thats in first gear with ropes and bumpers hanging all over it

Air 22
10-24-2009, 01:46 PM
It reads to me like the dyno tests were done and prop testing done and the 30p Bravo 1 was liked best at least for now and the boat is now winterized. It's Todd's right to not post the info and maybe there are insurance issues or something but results would be nice.........

Carl...my 32P BBlades Bravo 1 was his favorite not 30P. He has seen a major overall improvement in performance. Considering the liability issues if ever needed all numbers are stock speeds...ya know 60-65is....PM or call Todd for more info...Or just wait til AOTH or LG....and you will wintness the "Misting" first hand...:pimp:

Carl C
10-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Carl...my 32P BBlades Bravo 1 was his favorite not 30P. He has seen a major overall improvement in performance. Considering the liability issues if ever needed all numbers are stock speeds...ya know 60-65is....PM or call Todd for more info...Or just wait til AOTH or LG....and you will wintness the "Misting" first hand...:pimp:

OK, thanks.

mattyboy
10-24-2009, 05:26 PM
mary mary quite contrary how does you garden grow??

merrily dote and dotesee dotes and little lambsy divies

easy squezzy lemon peazy

just watch out for the BUGS :eek:

hehehehehe

Mr X
10-24-2009, 06:01 PM
now thats NICE!!!

mrfixxall
10-24-2009, 06:35 PM
OMG take that mans temperature,he is posting a chevy motor :)

mattyboy
10-25-2009, 07:40 AM
OMG take that mans temperature,he is posting a chevy motor :)

it was all the resin fumes ;)

mattyboy
10-25-2009, 07:42 AM
So what pot is that going to get planted in, Mary?

not really a pot so to say more of a nest ;)

Carl C
10-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Todd, thanks for the reply even though we don't agree on everything. If I wanted to I could put the gps in my truck and run up some really impressive numbers to post but I would never lie about my acomplishments. I would also never post a one time freak top speed. I was running near 86 on a cool day, running light and I was pretty damn excited about it! I won't be able to repeat that on a hot day with more weight on board but that day the boat was ripping. I do disagree about the holeshot race thing. That is true with street racing but not boats. At least not our boats. Aren't we both running shortys and Bravos? BTW my speed runs were done on a mile and a half straight. C U @ LG! :)

Also, my insurance company is aware of the 525 and never asked about top speed. Insurance seems to be easier once you are over 50 years old and have a good credit score!

BigGrizzly
10-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Nothing is ever over. Speed is nothing without handling. Trust me I have been in the lead pack forever. I am now too old and slow to keep up, but I will always be there.

Carl C
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM

Well Todd and I had a good discussion via PM and while I don't think we'll ever be best buds (;)) we cleared up a few things. For the record it was never my intention to be the fastest or the baddest, which I am neither. I just made my boat the way I wanted it. And when I post speed numbers it is not to brag but to share my enthusiasm.:cool:

gero1
10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
never to old or slow, best damn navigator i ever had.......i still don't know where i am at????????

Air 22
10-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Word is... we ALL will need goggles in LG.....a very special boat should be in attendance:pimp:...and if so...we are in for a spectacular demonstration of speed and power on the water...:yes:

So Classic or no Classic...don't miss it...make plans for LG 2010 :party: :pimp:

Bamboo Loui
10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
:wink:congratulations Tripp-- it has to be one of the best feelings you can have after all the hard work and time you have put into to her:party:

Mr X
10-25-2009, 08:19 PM
aka my labbed Mirage 29 ran very well today. In the past, we would normally get one or two "O-crap" moments per ride. Night and day in comparison to what it used to be like, not one ragged edge, even when I tried to unsettle the boat at very high RPMs. Nothing, just nice predictable handling with wicked acceleration and some of the best top end numbers I have seen so far. Great way to end the season, as I have worked hard to get it there.
Not done yet, but I think it will be by the time rally season rolls around next year. Now she gets winterized. Bummer.
Jeremy, the check is in the mail to you. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but I am glad to get this thing back in my stable!
I thought it would. :wink:

yeller
10-26-2009, 12:34 AM
...my labbed Mirage 29 ran very well today...
Jeremy, the check is in the mail to you. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but I am glad to get this thing back in my stable!Damn, I was hoping Jeremy was going to be stuck with it so I could try it out next spring. I mean, what good are friends if you can't use 'em. :wink: :biggrin: