PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Vol Back in Action

RedDog
09-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Met up with DonziVol to hit the Vol Navy. Game was miserable. But he has a real nice boat. 1970 with a 351.

cutwater
09-13-2009, 10:21 AM
There are 3 empty seats... he needs some female passengers :smile:

And yes, it's a really nice boat. It was "battery powered" when I was on it :thumbsup: congrats Donzi Vol!

Donzi Vol
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, Tim. It was a good time and the boat did well. And of course the company wasn't all too bad either :wink:

cutwater, I had a couple lined up, but cancelled on them when I was unsure of whether or not I'd make it. Sigh. Hope to see you out there with us soon!

cutwater
09-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Some more for ya Donzi Vol...

BlownCrewCab
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Wasn't there a whole thread about leaving your bow line on while running?? Did someone miss it?? especially when a camera is present..

cutwater
09-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Wasn't there a whole thread about leaving your bow line on while running?? Did someone miss it?? especially when a camera is present..

Ouch! Busted! Sorry Donzi Vol :bonk:

Last Real Texan
09-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Met up with DonziVol to hit the Vol Navy. Game was miserable. But he has a real nice boat. 1970 with a 351.
Congrats on getting back on the water.., boat looks great!

The Hedgehog
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks like someone is going to have a lot of fun!

Donzi Vol
09-13-2009, 10:41 PM
cutwater, thanks for posting the pics. I'll put some more from Saturday up as soon as my computer stops going crazy.

BURN! That's why I need you with me to remind me of these things. Let's make a deal. I'll help you cut the 5 acres one morning if you'll go for a boat ride with me in the afternoon.

Water temp reading is a bit disconcerting...

Gauges are screwy. Boat was fine.

Congrats on getting back on the water.., boat looks great!

Thanks man. Much appreciated! It took a lot of patience and hard work to get it, so I'm rather thrilled. (And a little help from a wonderful uncle didn't hurt either :))

Looks like someone is going to have a lot of fun!

We'll have to meet in Chatt soon to play with it. Doubt it will keep up with the X, though:frown:

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Water temp reading is a bit disconcerting...

More troubling than the temp reading is the trailer tag. What Vol fan would drive around with a Fla tag on his trailer. geees :eek::eek::eek:

BUIZILLA
09-14-2009, 06:42 AM
and only has one tag for 6 trailers... :cool:

jl1962
09-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Never mind the screwy gauges, does that gas cap screw in any further?

Nice boat! :cool:

JL

chappy
09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
David,

Boat looks GREAT.:pimp:

Rich

cutwater
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
We still have better College Football though :) :)

I just call it "a rebuilding decade"... :bonk:

VetteLT193
09-14-2009, 12:34 PM

You and me both:nilly:

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Yep, I should have never brought it up. We definately have no reason to talk smack about football to anybody.

Donzi Vol
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
More troubling than the temp reading is the trailer tag. What Vol fan would drive around with a Fla tag on his trailer. geees :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, you're right. I need to get rid of that silly thing. I've been looking for the right UT tag seeing as TN doesn't register trailers.

Never mind the screwy gauges, does that gas cap screw in any further?

Nice boat! :cool:

JL

Thanks for the compliment, JL. No, sadly the gas cap doesn't go in any further. I need to hop up there and see if there's something in the way. I know I'm gonna catch my foot on it soon enough!

David,

Boat looks GREAT.:pimp:

Rich

Thanks Rich!

LOL, so now that we are done bustin on ya, I only got a quick glance at it in Eufaula, it isn't a bad looking boat. Forget where I saw it before, but as I recall it was a good runner..

We still have better College Football though :) :)

Thanks, Poodle. Yeah, it was for sale not too long ago. It's the black 1970 with 274 original hours. The green waterline stripes are new. And yes, it's a good runner. Took it for an evening cruise tonight and the SOB up runs about 4k RPM's! It hops on top of the water and quickly goes to 5k RPM's...meanwhile I'm holding on! I'm going to clean out the fuel system (new seperator and in-line filter) and then let BlownCrewCab have his way with it to get a top speed.

Yep. But it's alright...at least the boaters still have the VOL Navy!

Donzi Vol
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Here are some pics from Knoxville's little run we like to call the Vol Navy. These are down at the waterfront where it's idle speed only. However, getting there from the ramp some 5 miles away is a trip with all of the big boats on half plane going down the river. Fun fun!

Enjoy...

(notice the titles on the pictures)

The Hedgehog
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Tex,

Did you see that? Time to go pick up Paranormal Activity and start a flotilla.

Last Real Texan
09-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Tex,

Did you see that? Time to go pick up Paranormal Activity and start a flotilla.
Yes sir...
Tenn VS ALabama
Tenn Vs Georgia

Its in the plan...
we going to have to get your Dad involved as well w/ the Jefferson!

Large times ahead...we can have Donzi Vol and Red Dog support for the trip...

Tex

RedDog
09-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Yes sir...
Tenn VS ALabama
Tenn Vs Georgia

Its in the plan...
we going to have to get your Dad involved as well w/ the Jefferson!

Large times ahead...we can have Donzi Vol and Red Dog support for the trip...

Tex

I'm out of town the weekend of the GA game - otherwise I'm in and you are welcome to stay with me. My house is about 2 miles to a ramp for a 10 mile boat ride to the Navy or a 3 mile drive to the stadium.

RedDog
09-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Yeah, you're right. I need to get rid of that silly thing. I've been looking for the right UT tag seeing as TN doesn't register trailers.

Actually in TN you CAN title and register (tag) a boat trailer. It is just not required.

Donzi Vol
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Hedge and Tex, you definitely need to make the trip for one or both of those games! As always, you're welcome to stay at Casa De Dave, but if you bring Roller Girl you probably won't be able to get me away from the mini-bar. :boat:

VetteLT193
09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Here are some pics from Knoxville's little run we like to call the Vol Navy. These are down at the waterfront where it's idle speed only. However, getting there from the ramp some 5 miles away is a trip with all of the big boats on half plane going down the river. Fun fun!

Enjoy...

(notice the titles on the pictures)

I have got to get in on one of these trips. Looks super fun!!!! I wish our stadium was on the water like that. I have a cousin and Uncle that went to UT, the Uncle does press for the games:)

Donzi Vol
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I have got to get in on one of these trips. Looks super fun!!!! I wish our stadium was on the water like that. I have a cousin and Uncle that went to UT, the Uncle does press for the games:)

I can see it now...a Donzi run for a Tennessee football game. haha...awesome. We really could pull off a fun event if you all wanted to. Looks like we've got RedDog, cutwater, WifeHatesMyDonzi, Hedge, Tex, and Vette all interested. It'd be pretty laid back. Start chillin out after work on Friday afternoon, hit the town Friday night (I can show you a good time :wink:), make a day of tailgating on the boats and campus Saturday, hit up the game, then maybe play around some more on Sunday. It's free to tie up the boats, so that won't be an issue. Just a thought. Anybody else interested??

Tom Smith
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Congrats on the new boat. Looks purdy in the water. Tom

The Hedgehog
09-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Hedge and Tex, you definitely need to make the trip for one or both of those games! As always, you're welcome to stay at Casa De Dave, but if you bring Roller Girl you probably won't be able to get me away from the mini-bar. :boat:

May have to do a scouting trip at one of you or Red Dog's casa's.

Roller Girl is going to make the trip. It will be ugly when that happens. I think that the raft up with Roller Girl, Tex's Pacemaker and my father's 48 foot Jefferson will be a good scene. Having you and Red Dog rafting up with Donzi's is a must. I have a sneaking feeling that both of you will not want to go home after giving us a ride back to the big boats. There will be plenty of room for all on the big boats. I would imagine that there will be a few open staterooms for you guys. We will have several bars going.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I can see it now...a Donzi run for a Tennessee football game. haha...awesome. We really could pull off a fun event if you all wanted to. Looks like we've got RedDog, cutwater, WifeHatesMyDonzi, Hedge, Tex, and Vette all interested. It'd be pretty laid back. Start chillin out after work on Friday afternoon, hit the town Friday night (I can show you a good time :wink:), make a day of tailgating on the boats and campus Saturday, hit up the game, then maybe play around some more on Sunday. It's free to tie up the boats, so that won't be an issue. Just a thought. Anybody else interested??
Count me in. Just name the game.

RedDog
09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
May have to do a scouting trip at one of you or Red Dog's casa's.
Roller Girl is going to make the trip. It will be ugly when that happens. I think that the raft up with Roller Girl, Tex's Pacemaker and my father's 48 foot Jefferson will be a good scene. Having you and Red Dog rafting up with Donzi's is a must. I have a sneaking feeling that both of you will not want to go home after giving us a ride back to the big boats. There will be plenty of room for all on the big boats. I would imagine that there will be a few open staterooms for you guys. We will have several bars going.

This opens the options quite a bit. Means we don't have to limit it to a day game - I hate running down the river at night to go home - I won't do it anymore.

Donzi Vol
09-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I might have to call dibs on that front stateroom in Roller Girl. Especially if there's any drinky-drink involved in the weekend :wink:

We need to pull this off...I'm getting giddy already!

Hedge, you all are welcome to a Knoxville visit anytime you like. Just let me know so I can make sure I'm in town.

firstafence
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Sounds like alot of fun :cool: can i hang out with ya guys:yes::hyper::drinkbeer::cards:

Last Real Texan
09-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I might have to call dibs on that front stateroom in Roller Girl. Especially if there's any drinky-drink involved in the weekend :wink:

We need to pull this off...I'm getting giddy already!

Hedge, you all are welcome to a Knoxville visit anytime you like. Just let me know so I can make sure I'm in town.

Paranormal Activity ....The Pacemaker won't be available ubtil the 2010 Season...its a logistical problem

The Hedgehog
09-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Sounds like alot of fun :cool: can i hang out with ya guys:yes::hyper::drinkbeer::cards:

Come on.

You going to be around Pate's this weekend?

The Hedgehog
09-15-2009, 10:55 PM
This year will probably have to be a scouting year. We have to get Tex's boat back from Fl. I somehow think that I will get plenty of days on the water (if you can get enough).

That does not meant that we can't do a Chattanooga Trip though.

Vol has dibs on the Front Stateroom since he asked first. One condition: He has to bring a hottie for me to gauk at!

Donzi Vol
09-16-2009, 12:37 AM

Heck yeah! The more the merrier, my friend!

This year will probably have to be a scouting year. We have to get Tex's boat back from Fl. I somehow think that I will get plenty of days on the water (if you can get enough).

That does not meant that we can't do a Chattanooga Trip though.

Vol has dibs on the Front Stateroom since he asked first. One condition: He has to bring a hottie for me to gauk at!

It might be best to wait until next season to pull it off. That will allow us to plan it to be a real solid weekend and possibly give some more people the ability to join in. Maybe we can plan for the Bama game next year. I believe it will be in Knox.

I'm sure I can pull off getting a hottie there. Now that the Donzi is up here they're all wanting to go for a boat ride! I should have done this a long time ago! :nilly:

Well as we say around here, "y'all come around anytime" and we'll start figuring it out. I'll take you and Tex out for a drink and let you see the waterfront. It's a cool venue.

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Heck yeah! The more the merrier, my friend!

It might be best to wait until next season to pull it off. That will allow us to plan it to be a real solid weekend and possibly give some more people the ability to join in. Maybe we can plan for the Bama game next year. I believe it will be in Knox.

I'm sure I can pull off getting a hottie there. Now that the Donzi is up here they're all wanting to go for a boat ride! I should have done this a long time ago! :nilly:

Well as we say around here, "y'all come around anytime" and we'll start figuring it out. I'll take you and Tex out for a drink and let you see the waterfront. It's a cool venue.

The Bama Game next season is a done deal. My father told me that a few months ago. When he says that there is no turning back.

Donzi Vol
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
The Bama Game next season is a done deal. My father told me that a few months ago. When he says that there is no turning back.

Sounds good! I'll start planning. Now let's talk it up so we have a whole row of Donzi's tied up for this thing! RedDog and I turned a few heads Saturday. Could you imagine a multitdue of Donzi's there? It'd be great!:yes:

firstafence
09-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Come on.

You going to be around Pate's this weekend?

Ya going to be there and doing the poker run.you gonna be there.:boat: :cards:

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Ya going to be there and doing the poker run.you gonna be there.:boat: :cards:

Yep, now if only we could get Donzi Vol and the Knoxville guys to come down:cards::rock::drinkbeer:

firstafence
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Yep, now if only we could get Donzi Vol an
d the Knoxville guys to come down:cards::rock::drinkbeer:
:cool!: That would be so cool. We need to work hard on getting these things to happen. Life is to short not to.:yes::beer::woot::cards:

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 04:35 PM
:cool!: That would be so cool. We need to work hard on getting these things to happen. Life is to short not to.:yes::beer::woot::cards:

You guys hear that! Come down Sat to hang with First and me. We have a little Poker Run going and a party. They will have the TN game on at the pavilion. My wife may have to work so I may need a rider.

I am sure that between First's houseboat, my lake hideout and my house, we can put you up.

firstafence
09-16-2009, 05:23 PM
You guys hear that! Come down Sat to hang with First and me. We have a little Poker Run going and a party. They will have the TN game on at the pavilion. My wife may have to work so I may need a rider.

I am sure that between First's houseboat, my lake hideout and my house, we can put you up.

Thats right guys you are more than welcome to come and party here at pates ford. Hedge and i are serious about having a place for you guys to stay. :yes: :party: :hi5: :cards:

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Thats right guys you are more than welcome to come and party here at pates ford. Hedge and i are serious about having a place four you guys to stay. :yes: :party: :hi5: :cards:

Yes, we are. What a great way to break in Vol's new boat. It is not like you guys have a home game!:drunk::rock:

It is a good time!

Donzi Vol
09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes, we are. What a great way to break in Vol's new boat. It is not like you guys have a home game!:drunk::rock:

It is a good time!

Oh man...that's tempting. I've already made some plans for this weekend here in K-town, but as you know I'm pretty easily swayed. Is it in Nashville on Saturday?

The Hedgehog
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh man...that's tempting. I've already made some plans for this weekend here in K-town, but as you know I'm pretty easily swayed. Is it in Nashville on Saturday?

Center Hill Lake. Sat. Hedge's house and hot tub are open.

Donzi Vol
09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Alright Hedge, you've talked me into it. I'll see you guys Saturday morning! I hope I don't see you Friday night because that means my original plans are foiled :lookaroun:

Looking forward to it!

RedDog, you in? cutwater has committed to taking the Minx out Saturday afternoon. I couldn't argue with that!

firstafence
09-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Alright Hedge, you've talked me into it. I'll see you guys Saturday morning! I hope I don't see you Friday night because that means my original plans are foiled :lookaroun:

Looking forward to it!

RedDog, you in? cutwater has committed to taking the Minx out Saturday afternoon. I couldn't argue with that!

:shades: cool i will finally get to meet you. :yes: :cards:

The Hedgehog
09-19-2009, 11:38 PM
He did come down and did the right thing. We had fun in the ZX today. Firstafence's boat is out of commission. Had I know earlier he would have been forced to ride with us. We went down to the Firstafence pad for drinks after dinner and before the party. Things were looking out of hand when we left. Good time. 75 hands of poker and we won a good buzz!

Tomorrow? Maybe a little X-18 riding. We will dig up First in the am and do it.

Or maybe we should take Tex's boat. It is parked down from the X and I just might have the key. oh yea, I have the only key.

Hmm Decisions?

Donzi Vol
09-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Hedge, had a great time. It was definitely the right thing to do! haha. Thanks again for the hospitality and good times. I've been telling everyone about driving a 900 hp boat 70mph down the lake. That'll put hair on your chest. And of course so will a 30mph ride in the X-18 in a downpour. You now get TWO chapters in Mrs. RedDog's book about boating with Donzi Vol. :nilly:

firstafence, great meeting you and yours! Hope to see your Donzi soon. Thanks for your hospitality as well. Thoroughly enjoyed talking performance boats with you.

Now you all drive a couple hours east and I'll take you out for a run around in my parts!:yes:

All the best

The Hedgehog
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Hedge, had a great time. It was definitely the right thing to do! haha. Thanks again for the hospitality and good times. I've been telling everyone about driving a 900 hp boat 70mph down the lake. That'll put hair on your chest. And of course so will a 30mph ride in the X-18 in a downpour. You now get TWO chapters in Mrs. RedDog's book about boating with Donzi Vol. :nilly:

firstafence, great meeting you and yours! Hope to see your Donzi soon. Thanks for your hospitality as well. Thoroughly enjoyed talking performance boats with you.

Now you all drive a couple hours east and I'll take you out for a run around in my parts!:yes:

All the best

It was a good time. We really lucked out on the weather Sun. They got pounded on both sides of us. All we got was an inch of rain last night.

Thanks for the hospitality First!

Now I need to get my ducks in a row for a Knoxville trip

firstafence
09-21-2009, 11:12 AM

All the best

Donzi Vol it was realy nice to get to meet and talk with you .I know we had talked about doing this for a while. I look forward to coming to your neck of the woods and letting you show me around. talk to ya later. :shades:

hedge thanks for coming by and taking me for a spin in the X-18 on sunday you know i love that boat.:drool: :cards: