PDA

View Full Version : Transmissions and V drives

Conquistador_del_mar
09-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Yesterday afternoon, I introduced myself to a local man who specializes in rebuilds of marine transmissions and V drives along with other services. He came highly recommended so I thought I would see his operation and get some information from him. He is a one man operation with a very nice and clean shop. I learned quite a bit about how high performance transmission rebuilds differ from normal rebuilds. He uses graphite impregnated bands with larger pressure plates, higher pressure pumps, and up to 11 bands to make them hold up to 1400HP engines, but he recommends the brass bands up to a 750HP or ft/lbs of torque applications since he said they will fuse together and allow a guy to drive the boat home if they ever give way. He is working with Huber right now to help develop some better technology transmission designs. He rebuilds almost all the local Lake Texoma gear stuff and is taking in jobs from around the country. After spending about 45 minutes with him, I felt he would be a good man to do business with. His business name is Texoma Marine Gear and his name is Kendall Keeton - (903)786-5676. If I am stepping on any toes here - I apologize. Bill