PDA

View Full Version : Eaton "B" outdrive FREE ! (not Mine!)

silverghost
09-10-2009, 04:21 PM
My buddy Frank has a complete working Eaton "B" Drive complete drive unit inside-out, Top to bottom, & Ford SB drive coupler/damper, with 289 Ford Bellhousing.& transom assembly Owners manual etc.
This ia in great shape with three props and several (6) boxes of NOS & used spares, seal kits, bearings, gears, housings etc.
Everything you might need to keep it running another 20+ years!
Frank knew parts were becomming hard to find for these drives so he searched South Jersey for all spares he could find!
It was later removed for a Merc Alpha upgrade! He wanted power trim.
Frank was a boat tech.in the 60-80s This drive is almost like new!
PRICE: FREE FREE FREE !
Frank is moving to a senior center !
He want's to find a good home for this "Stuff"!
Pick-up in Atlantic City Area
OR
Buyer to pay shipping !
Call Frank directly
215 745 1327 (Phila) Number OK
609 927 5227 ( NJ NOW OUT OF SERVICE !)

cutwater
09-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Been trying to call... One number disconnected and the other has no voicemail/answering machine. Can you let him know I'll take it?

silverghost
09-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Frank has informed me that the eaton drive & parts has been placed at the curb for trash pick-up on monday 9/14/09 as he could not give them away!
It would appear that few are interested in Eaton drive parts of this era.
Boatyards in the area did not want them!
Very Sad as I suspect there had to be someone who needed them to get their old Eaton up & running.
I had no need nor storage room for them myself.
His house & garage have been cleaned-out and he is now living in the senior center.

cutwater
09-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Can you not read my post below?!? I'll TAKE IT...

I've tried calling the one working number nonstop!!! No one has ever answered. I also sent you an email through the forum. Sheesh. What do you mean there's no interest??????

Donzi Vol
09-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Ummmm...silver...go out to the street and get them before the trash man comes along. cutwater needs/wants this stuff. I will help him find a way to get them if it is a time issue. That stuff does NOT need to be trashed!

silverghost
09-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I wish I could pick-up the Eaton Drive & Parts.
BUT~
I am here in PA. this weekend!
Which is 100 miles away!
I did not go to Ocean City NJ because of the bad weather we are having this week or I would have only been too glad to pick-up these parts!
Is there anyone near Scullville/ Somers Point NJ that can pick-up the parts & drive on this Forum this weekend?
Please help this Eaton owner !
If so~
Please contact me or Fank directly to save these rare parts!
Sometime Monday it will be too late ~ It's Frank's trash Pick-up day!
Why Frank did not wait a few days to see if any of the Donzi forum members were intrested is beyond me?
I told him I would post the Free ad for him!
I do know he stated that he tried to give them away to a half dozen boatyards in the area & they told him to use eBay or throw them out as there are no more Eaton drives around South Jersey!
Frank is 80+ and is not on the web and so does not want to deal with eBay!
I feel very very bad about this!
I told Frank that this rare old Eaton drive and rarer parts should be saved as they are made of unobtainium!
I did not think he would clean-out his house & garage so fast!
Brad