PDA

View Full Version : 1995 18 Classic Scorpion Powered.

fogducker III
09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I know, not the best time to sell but if I put it out there it might sell by next summer....:lookaroun:

1995, not sold, registered or placed in the water until 1999, 18 Classic. The boat is powered by a 2000 377cid (377hp- 350hp at the prop) Mercury Scorpion motor.

Bravo 1 leg with an Imco shortie lower. Brand new 1:50:1 upper gears, new Mayfair external steering, drive shower, Stainless Marine exhaust, all new Livorsi gauges, all new dash and wiring etc etc etc.....

I think most members on the site can vouche for all the work, time and $$$ I have put into the boat. Tandem galvi trailer with all new brakes, tires and wiring, custom cockpit cover and travel cover included, as well as new waterproof Sony stereo, halon fire supression system and other safety gear, LANYARD included! :wink::yes:

I have lots of pictures and will answer any questions as best I can.

The boat has seen mid 70's mph and loves to cruise at 65+ all day long. I am sure I have missed numerous things and will add them as I remember.

Price is $24, 900 CANADIAN DOLLARS, you know, the brightly coloured stuff....:) Yes, it is alot of money to ask but almost everything other than the hull and engine block are new! The boat needs nothing.......

I can be contacted at poole.j@shaw.ca or (250) 880-1067 I live on Vancouver Island BC on the West coast of Canada but willing to assist with transport anywhere Canada or the US. I can even assist with paperwork for import etc. done it a few times....thanks. Jeremy

fogducker III
09-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Couple of more pics....

CaribouLou
09-10-2009, 02:54 AM
fresh or raw water?

Donziweasel
09-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Alright, I'll bite, why are you selling her Jeremy?

I have seen this boat run up close and personal. It is everything Jeremy says it is. He has put a lot of time (and money) into it. Air's out nicely, and I have seen it at 73mph and it was stable as a rock. Someone is going to get a very nice Donzi and unique with the Scorpion........:)

fogducker III
09-10-2009, 09:01 AM
fresh or raw water?

Raw water cooled, run in fresh water until I got it and then ocean running mainly, flushed every time with Salt-Away, I am anal about ALL the maintenance...

fogducker III
09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Alright, I'll bite, why are you selling her Jeremy?

I have seen this boat run up close and personal. It is everything Jeremy says it is. He has put a lot of time (and money) into it. Air's out nicely, and I have seen it at 73mph and it was stable as a rock. Someone is going to get a very nice Donzi and unique with the Scorpion........:)

Thanks John, Jacqui and I have decided to step up a little, we want to be able to cruise a little further and perhaps spend the night in a bay somewhere........the twin Scorpion boat for sale looks interesting.....:wink:

Lenny
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
What the Hell happened to you Jeremy ? :bonk:

I haven't found many places that the 18's could NOT go. :yes:

Looks like I will have to go back to being the only 18(s) around these parts... :( (again)

UPDATE. Just got off the phone with Jeremy, he is looking for a Bayliner cuddy with a porta potty.

Folks, $24,900 Can$ is $23,000 US

fogducker III
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
What the Hell happened to you Jeremy ? :bonk:

I haven't found many places that the 18's could NOT go. :yes:

Looks like I will have to go back to being the only 18(s) around these parts... :( (again)

UPDATE. Just got off the phone with Jeremy, he is looking for a Bayliner cuddy with a porta potty.

Folks, $24,900 Can$ is $23,000 US

I won't need a porta potty on the Bayliner, aren't you installing one on your aluminium "fish" boat? :confused::wink:

I agree though Lenny, I have no problem taking the 18 anywhere, been to Vancouver with it a couple of times, seriously thought about taking via the "locks" to Lake Washington this weekend for the "get together" of the NW group....:yes:

Having said that, IF we needed to spend the night somewhere, due to weather or :drunk: then we would be able to with a little cuddy.....not sure exactly what we need or want but it will need to do 60+ to keep me happy.....:wink: The search continues......

yeller
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Jeremy, you *ss. You make me move to the island, and now you're selling. :wink:

If all you want is a place to sleep, then buy a 22C and pull the ski locker.....or get this boat: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59362&highlight=howard
Easy enough to turn the bimini into a full top in case the weather turns.

Greg Guimond
09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Or if you want something super unique, pick up this ...........

fogducker III
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Or if you want something super unique, pick up this ...........

Thanks Greg, I think the 18 Scorpion is unique enough, just need a little more feet and perhaps a cuddy type set-up...........

PS. Yeller, had fun today, get your boat over here and run the damn thing....:eek::yes::wink:

Greg Guimond
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
That Warlock in the photo is a 23 and has a little sleeper. Also has the 24 degree V that we all love so much. Super rare hull and 70 with stock power. Another great option albeit bigger then you probably want is the Hallett 240 when you can find them in a closed bow. More of an "old school" look with superior build quality.

lars
09-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Have followed this nice upgraded 1984 26 Bertram Moppie fall in price throughout the season. Like this for the money. She was even listed for $34,500 by another broker not long ago.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1984/Bertram-Moppie-1850062/Redondo-Beach/CA/United-States

Good luck with the sale of Your Donzi, fantastic looking one, very impressive.

lars
09-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Sorry Jeromy, missed the 60 mph part. The Bertram only does 45 mph, but this Canadian beauty probably is familiar to You and she does 60 for sure. Unfortunately You'll have to bring her home from CT, but You're a patriot right? As You probably know the Kazulin family always built state of the art quality boats and this one is rare and one on my absolute favourites of theirs'. :wink:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=2029361&ybw=&hosturl=portmilford&&ywo=portmilford&&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=25784&url=&hosturl=portmilford&&ywo=portmilford&

chappy
09-13-2009, 07:19 AM
This one caught my eye on ebay last year, and I can still stare at the pics today. Good luck FD.

gold-n-rod
09-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Have followed this nice upgraded 1984 26 Bertram Moppie fall in price throughout the season. Like this for the money. She was even listed for $34,500 by another broker not long ago.

She's a looker, but twin V6's? Top speed of only 40? This Moppie needs mo powa!

fogducker III
09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
I really do like this one Lars, very nice boat, a little big for what we need and I think my old F150 would be hurting trying to tow it....:eek:

Sorry Jeromy, missed the 60 mph part. The Bertram only does 45 mph, but this Canadian beauty probably is familiar to You and she does 60 for sure. Unfortunately You'll have to bring her home from CT, but You're a patriot right? As You probably know the Kazulin family always built state of the art quality boats and this one is rare and one on my absolute favourites of theirs'. :wink:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=2029361&ybw=&hosturl=portmilford&&ywo=portmilford&&units=Feet&access=Public&listing_id=25784&url=&hosturl=portmilford&&ywo=portmilford&

CaribouLou
09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
I won't need a porta potty on the Bayliner, aren't you installing one on your aluminium "fish" boat? :confused::wink:

I agree though Lenny, I have no problem taking the 18 anywhere, been to Vancouver with it a couple of times, seriously thought about taking via the "locks" to Lake Washington this weekend for the "get together" of the NW group....:yes:

Having said that, IF we needed to spend the night somewhere, due to weather or :drunk: then we would be able to with a little cuddy.....not sure exactly what we need or want but it will need to do 60+ to keep me happy.....:wink: The search continues......

We're going to be out next weekend too....you should drive this thing down!! You can stay at my place, and its 8$ a night to leave the boat in the lake over night.

fogducker III
09-13-2009, 02:21 PM
We're going to be out next weekend too....you should drive this thing down!! You can stay at my place, and its 8$ a night to leave the boat in the lake over night.

I had the best intentions of actually running down there on Saturday. Some things came up and I actually went out on friday and had a little problem with my trim "up" switch....Saturday rolled around and we were not ready....:frown: I use to do the run down to Lake Washington every summer for the Hydro Races..... back then when we were "nuts" we would run down from Sidney in a 16' Boston Whaler with a 60hp on it......FOUR of us....:bonk::yes::wink: Up through the locks and the big boats would look at us and ask which boat are we the tender to, when we told them we had no "big" boat and ran down from Sidney they just shook their heads at us and locked up their daughters.....:boggled:

Beautiful weather for you, hope you have a great day!!!

CaribouLou
09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I had the best intentions of actually running down there on Saturday. Some things came up and I actually went out on friday and had a little problem with my trim "up" switch....Saturday rolled around and we were not ready....:frown: I use to do the run down to Lake Washington every summer for the Hydro Races..... back then when we were "nuts" we would run down from Sidney in a 16' Boston Whaler with a 60hp on it......FOUR of us....:bonk::yes::wink: Up through the locks and the big boats would look at us and ask which boat are we the tender to, when we told them we had no "big" boat and ran down from Sidney they just shook their heads at us and locked up their daughters.....:boggled:

Beautiful weather for you, hope you have a great day!!!

Yesterday was a blast. Mike had to run his 19p, and I lost yet another powersteering belt, but still was a great time. Lake was super choppy, so we pretty much just hung out in the bay and rafted up.....Got alot of looks with TWO 22' classics tied up to eachother.

Bring that thing down soon! Once I get this belt issue taken care of, I'd love to meet up anywhere. Weather should be nice for a few more weeks

fogducker III
10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
TTT ....:wink:

CaribouLou
10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Don't tempt me with your devil boat....I was looking in my driveway at what I can sell to come up with that kind of $$......:crossfing: