PDA

View Full Version : West coast of FL Gathering??

Germancar90
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey all, I just picked up a 20ft Minx, Have always been a huge donzi fan and have a lot of plans for the boat. I am located in Sarasota and wasnt sure if anyone was interested in a gathering. I think it would be a blast.

raceboatrus
09-15-2009, 10:14 PM
It sounds great for a later date you might put this on the calander also...
The US Marines and Rus Matos would like to invite you and everyone you know to a very special event.
The 2009 Boating Toys for Tots Tour Is the worlds only official US Marines Boating Toys for Tots event.
The TFT tour will take place in Palatka Florida on the St Johns River. The host hotel will be the Quality Inn Riverfront Palatka [368 328 3481]
The TFT tour will be a 3 day event,
On the Friday Dec 4th there will be a lunch run to Crescent City . Also on the same evening there will be partying at the host hotel.
On Saturday December 5th we will be making the Toy run on the River. The run will start exactly at 11:30. The Captains meeting will be at 10:00 in the host hotel lobby . There will be a party and dinner after the toy run.
On December 6th we would like to put on a thank you breakfast for all TFT tour guests. There are more plans in the making, for more information or suggestions contact Rus Matos 407 760 3481 or E-mail raceboatrus@aol.com (raceboatrus@aol.com) feel free to call or contact me at anytime. You guys and gals always make the TFT tour sensational!

Budmann
09-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Germ... We are planning a Suwannee River trip in a month or so. Great people, great river, great weekend if you would like to join us.

Bud

VetteLT193
09-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Germ... We are planning a Suwannee River trip in a month or so. Great people, great river, great weekend if you would like to join us.
Bud

when/where?

hdsadey
09-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm interested in gettin somethin goin in the Sarasota area. My buddy and I just picked up a couple of Donzi's a few months ago. His is a 23 Ragazza and mine is a 16 Classic. We live in Venice but have a couple of months to get them sea worthy. I'm sure there are more in the area! Daniel

tmh
10-06-2009, 07:58 AM
We spent last Saturday on the Caloosahatchee River east of Ft Myers. There's 25 miles of the river between the lock at Ft Myers and the lock east of Labelle. I was amazed that we passed at most 10 boats over 6 hours of waterskiing and exploring on a Saturday morning and afternoon. The river is deep, fresh water with 2 small no wake ares in 25 miles and no speed limits. We'll be back there on a regular basis as we thought it was great and was worth the 50 mile drive from Naples. No tides to be concerned with and no jellyfish. It would be a 50 mile drive from Venice.
T.M. Hayes 18C

Donzi Racer
10-12-2009, 08:00 PM
We spent last Saturday on the Caloosahatchee River east of Ft Myers. There's 25 miles of the river between the lock at Ft Myers and the lock east of Labelle. I was amazed that we passed at most 10 boats over 6 hours of waterskiing and exploring on a Saturday morning and afternoon. The river is deep, fresh water with 2 small no wake ares in 25 miles and no speed limits. We'll be back there on a regular basis as we thought it was great and was worth the 50 mile drive from Naples. No tides to be concerned with and no jellyfish. It would be a 50 mile drive from Venice.
T.M. Hayes 18C

TM, is that river headed toward the big lake? Ocachobee, I believe? We were on the east side of the lake a few weeks back in between some locks in fresh water and we also loved it. We were testing a 20 foot Minx and it was a great run. I want to go back soon. Would be great to do the whole run from the east to west coast or vice versa. Let me know if you get ready for a run. We are going over to pick up a GT 21 in Venice before long, would be a good run to test it out. Tom

tmh
10-13-2009, 08:02 AM
We'll be back this weekend to try a new wakeboard. Saturday basketball practices will be starting soon for high school so we need to get the boating in while we don't have conflicts. My kids almost wanted to skip a tournament last Saturday as they wanted to try the new wakeboard.

I bought my 18C from Smokediver and he mentioned how much he enjoyed a run to the east coast. Where on the east coast does this lead to and where would be a good potential destination to stay overnight with the boat?

I'm amazed more people don't boat on the river as we found it to be very nice for our interests. I've mentioned this to people in the area and they had never considered giving it a try. My 14 year old commented that he's happy to make the 50 mile drive to be in fresh water. He encountered a jelly fish the last time skiing down to Marco Island. We also want to try some of the lakes around Sebring for an overnight trip as that would be about a hundred mile drive from Naples. Any suggestions for nice rivers and lakes within 150 miles of Naples would be appreciated. We're game for some kind of gathering or trip if others have an interest.
T.M. Hayes

VetteLT193
10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
It goes into Lake Okeechobee then you can run over to Stuart down the next river. I've never done it, but really would like to. We didn't do the 'ditch' run this year, but hopefully this coming year we'll do that run!

Donzi Racer
10-18-2009, 10:28 PM
It goes into Lake Okeechobee then you can run over to Stuart down the next river. I've the never done it, but really would like to. We didn't do the 'ditch' run this year, but hopefully this coming year we'll do that run!

We put a Minx in that waterway on the east side of the Lake but fresh water to make a freshwater run and WOW, we loved it. Great run. I would love to make the run from one side to the other. So set it up and lets go go go. Give me a call when you get a chance BOB, Tom 256-777-0844

Donzi Racer
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Hey all, I just picked up a 20ft Minx, Have always been a huge donzi fan and have a lot of plans for the boat. I am located in Sarasota and wasnt sure if anyone was interested in a gathering. I think it would be a blast.

Great boat the Minx, what color combo did you get? Tom