PDA

View Full Version : 18clasic 2+3 motor help

craigdskilling
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I have a 1985 18 donzi 350 small block.I want to take out and redo the motor.The motor in there is a stock car engine.Want to put back to marine with around 325 to350 max with alpha outdrive.

mrfixxall
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
I have a 1985 18 donzi 350 small block.I want to take out and redo the motor.The motor in there is a stock car engine.Want to put back to marine with around 325 to350 max with alpha outdrive.

call thease guys,you can get a complete drop in for aroung 4k,just add a set of emi or stainless marines exhaust and your ready to go:)

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/5.7L+Vortec+marine+engine-SILVER+Package+%281967-2008+replacement%29

or spend a litte more and get this one with knock sensor protection..

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/5.7L+Complete+Engine+Package+-+357+Magnum+Bravo+4V+%28MerCruiser+applications%29
By the time its al said and done ifyou rebuild yours yu may be close to this cost..

craigdskilling
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks.will that be a crate engine that I would put in myself.Just another thought i had was that my friend who has the high perform shop said he has a 350 4bolt roller rocker block is this better:boggled:

mrfixxall
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
thanks.will that be a crate engine that I would put in myself.Just another thought i had was that my friend who has the high perform shop said he has a 350 4bolt roller rocker block is this better:boggled:

that would be a good platfort for a starting of a good engine, roller block or roller rockers or both? on your set up you having a 85 engine and the engine your friend has if itsa rolller cam block you would have to change a few things..1) the flywheel wont fit 2) theirs no fuel pump boss in the block for a fuel pump.. thats why i posted what i would use for a mild 350..if you plan on building your own engine then i would push for around 400 ponys. the alpha can handle it as long as your easy on the throttle..ive seen 425 hp big blocks in front of the alpha drives on a 30 ft scarab ant they held up..

DON N.
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
HOW ABOUT FORRESTS ENGINE ? :shark:

mrfixxall
09-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Don i forgot about that one:bonk:
and is a good runner too!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59146

craigdskilling
09-13-2009, 05:04 PM
so you think i can go big or go home with horse power. this year I took the lower unit off everthing was good and i new that i would be doing more horse power so i put a cooling shower on and running aquicksilver 3 blade prop at 23 pitch that should work well with whatever horse power we go with?oh by the way i just had a baby girl i hope she likes donzi,s:bighug::party:

MOP
09-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Question why not rebuild what you have, if the engine has been in fresh water all its life it will be fine. You do not need a 4 bolt main we do not turn the RPM's that require 4 bolt, your talking 325-50 that can be achieved very easily and fairly cheap. You can could go a little farther and turn it into a mild 383, a 383 making 350hp would be indestructible and still very reasonable. It is very easy to go overboard on our toys, better off turning the extra bucks in fuel for play time. Grab Forrests engine!

BUIZILLA
09-13-2009, 07:10 PM
you can't begin to buy the parts for that much...

best engine deal, quite probably, that's ever been posted here

craigdskilling
09-14-2009, 04:28 PM
the motor i have now is avery low hour running.Its a 4bolt main with a single rear main seal Im tired of getting blown away in the water.it runs very stong all day at 50to55.is the 383 still for sale and what do you think it would cost to send to ontario.With winter comming i can start buying parts but i dont know where to start.The eqaust i have is a 3in cast i want to buy stainless marine 4in complete what do you think.

fogducker III
09-14-2009, 04:35 PM
the motor i have now is avery low hour running.Its a 4bolt main with a single rear main seal Im tired of getting blown away in the water.it runs very stong all day at 50to55.is the 383 still for sale and what do you think it would cost to send to ontario.With winter comming i can start buying parts but i dont know where to start.The eqaust i have is a 3in cast i want to buy stainless marine 4in complete what do you think.

Craig, if you read the for sale post I believe Forrest has ALL the parts required for very little extra money, as stated above, this is a screaming deal. Shipping the engine to you is not a big deal and the cost I am guessing would be about $200-250, you are still ahead of the game...:wink:

I have had numerous items sent from the US and not had a problem....