PDA

View Full Version : OMC 800 Impeller question

FISHIN SUCKS
09-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Where is it? No, it's not on a Donzi, but on my buddy's '82 Viking deck boat. I have never torn into one of these, but looks like you get to it from the top. Any help is much appreciated (as always):), thanx in advance,

tom

mrfixxall
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Where is it? No, it's not on a Donzi, but on my buddy's '82 Viking deck boat. I have never torn into one of these, but looks like you get to it from the top. Any help is much appreciated (as always):), thanx in advance,
tom

its between the upper and the lower like a alpha but bigger,its the size of the alpha 1gen 2...its easier to pull the drive off to get at it..once you get the drive off you have to seperate the upper from the lower,remove all the bolts on the top hat and the upper should pull off but watch out for the wires that go around the upper that go through it to the lower,their for the electric stift coils in the lower,their should also be a spring that attaches to thewire harnss and the back of the hat..

oncr seperated flip it upside down and you will see 4 3/4 head bolts,remove those bolts and and the housing will seperate from the hat part anf the impeller will be under that section,,watch ou for the shims between the 2 parts and when assembling make sure you greece all the splines and dont forget the seal on the water pump shaft that sides into the frmale splines to the upper housing..

http://www.sterndrive.info/omc_stern_drive_parts_drawing_stringer.html

FISHIN SUCKS
09-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Thank you Fixx! Man, they didn't make this thing easy to change, did they? Appreciate the help,

tom

mrfixxall
09-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Thank you Fixx! Man, they didn't make this thing easy to change, did they? Appreciate the help,
tom

nope,just rebuild a upper on one and their heavy mofo too..just make sure you dont turn the steering gears or the steering wheel when you remove the drive,you will loose your turning radious or the drive will turn more one way then the other.