PDA

View Full Version : Lost Title

WA-LO
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I have a 16 that I have had for ever problem is, I lost the title before I
regiserd it in my name. No its not stolen! Is there anyone on here that
has a old Donzi title I dont care if it 16,18 ,19 but I need a title and I am
willing to pay well for it. Im using my corsicans so I can have my boat
registerd but that isnt gonna happen for long, so see what you can find.

Thanks
John

RedDog
09-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Why not register it in TN? TN does not title boats. Then take your registration to FL and apply for a title using the TN registration.

Oh yea - to register in TN, all you need is a bill-of-sale. Give me the boat and I'll sell it back to you

Carl C
09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
That is not the right way to do it. Apply for a "duplicate title". Peeps lose titles all the time. If the original surfaces it may trump the duplicate.

VetteLT193
09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
In Florida I think you can just fill out a lost title application. At least that is how it was a few years back, I'm not sure if they changed anything or not.

WA-LO
09-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Cant apply for a lost title the problem is , I didnt get the title changed before
I lost it and cant find the owner who was on the title, to apply for the
for a new one. AZ tit;es basicly have a bill of sale built in so I didnt get
a bill of sale. Reddog I will get with you it sound like a logical way to go and now that you mention it WA-LO just has the plastic registration card
for a title so I appreciate the help.

olredalert
09-10-2009, 07:46 AM
------Reddogs direction is the way to go in your situation. I as going to recommend New Hampshire as I think it is similar but Tenn sounds better!!!.........Mr.Bill

BUIZILLA
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
TN... do it the Dog's way...

not that I know anything about titling/registering boats in that state... :cool:

VetteLT193
09-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Cant apply for a lost title the problem is , I didnt get the title changed before
a bill of sale. Reddog I will get with you it sound like a logical way to go and now that you mention it WA-LO just has the plastic registration card
for a title so I appreciate the help.

I think this is the form then...

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/Milpak/82040.pdf

RickSE
09-10-2009, 11:33 AM
a bill of sale....

WA-LO, is this the baby blue white stripe 16? If so I believe I know the previous owner and have his contact info, Dan @ Sun Valley Fiberglass in Mesa Arizona, 480-833-6561. He worked on my 22C last year and we were talking about the boat since I'd seen pictures on the registry w/AZ numbers. Hope this helps, if not I'd go the TN route as Red Dog states.

WA-LO
09-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Thats the one, but he didnt title it either, he was more of a broker for the
owner.

RickSE
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Yes, he mentioned something about selling it to a friend who owned an engine shop then it was sold to you, or he got it back and sold it?? Sounded like Dan was the original owner of the boat but I'm not sure who owned it when it was sold to you.

My dad also lives in TN and has commented on how easy it is to register boats. He registered his new 33ZX and didn't have to pay any sales tax.

Jamesbon
09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Call Robin @ Bay Way Marine 727 906 0315. Make sure you tell your a friend of mine, explain your situation, then sit back, relax and take some notes.

-N

WA-LO
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
She kinda sounds like my wife! Thanks nate.

RPD
09-12-2009, 08:34 AM
It does sound like a problem and I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with some state bureaucrat ..... as a friend of mine that works for the Florida DEP says ... "no one ever got in trouble for saying 'NO' " ....

I don't know about now, but Alabama was a nontitle state in the recent past .... when I bought my Donzi in Florida, I originally registered it in Alabama and had no title, then when I moved back to Florida I obtained a title simply by using the Alabama registration and paying about $100 .... that was about 10 years ago ....

Dr. David Fleming
09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Last time I did this in Michigan - you think the state isn't overwhelmed with people who lost their title? - Just apply for a new one - the police usually come over to where your boat is look at the VIN - on my 1999 Donzi its on the rear starboard corner of the boat on the outside.

The police run your VIN to see if the vehicle is stolen - if it is you better talk fast. They will also see if it has a bank lien or mechanics lien - this means it was not paid off or money is owing somewhere. If its not stolen they sign off on the paperwork and you give it to the old Secretary Of State and he/she sends you a new title in the mail.

It take a court case to overide the new title once issued.

Dr. d

The Hedgehog
09-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Lost title affadavit (sp?) and Bill of sale should do it.

Red Dogs, way will work well too and may cut through the tape better. Bama and Georgia do not title them either.