PDA

View Full Version : bravo/arneson conversion z33crossbow help

sweed
09-09-2009, 11:24 AM
hello..
my name is jonas and i am from sweden..
i have a 33 crossbow and a 25 ragazza..
i just threw out the old bravo drives from my z33 and would like to install my arneson asd-6 drives and need to know whom can help me on where to position the arneson..i was thinking to use an adaptor steel plate to cover the bravo holes, but am confused on where to psoition the asd-6..
all help appreciated..
regards and thanx from stockholm sweden.

BlownCrewCab
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I'd Contact Rik at arneson, He'll answer all your questions.....

mrfixxall
09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
hello..
my name is jonas and i am from sweden..
i have a 33 crossbow and a 25 ragazza..
i just threw out the old bravo drives from my z33 and would like to install my arneson asd-6 drives and need to know whom can help me on where to position the arneson..i was thinking to use an adaptor steel plate to cover the bravo holes, but am confused on where to psoition the asd-6..
all help appreciated..
regards and thanx from stockholm sweden.

instead of using steel plates,,, arneson makes a stand off box that fits the bravo mounting hole..That would be the way to go if i were my boat..
http://www.arneson-industries.com/page.php?type=products&id=bravoConversion

MOP
09-09-2009, 02:42 PM
No matter which way you go don not use steel, the steel will cause galvanic corrosion use aluminum or brass plate depending the drives material. Arnesons are mounted very low but the mounting hub must be just out of the water flow. One of the easiest and least expensive ways is to use V drives, that will allow you to get the engines a few inches closer to the transom. With an Arneson it is very important to move as much weight aft as possible, this is true with all surface piercing setups as they have little to not bow lift. I have one aluminum unit brand new old stock cheap if you can use it.

Phil

sweed
09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
I'd Contact Rik at arneson, He'll answer all your questions.....
ive just had feedback from arneson and they helped me with lots of measurments and pictures to help me install correctly..
thanx for all help and advice:wink:

The Hedgehog
09-15-2009, 09:34 AM
What all are you doing there Swede?