PDA

View Full Version : Hardy Pond Shootout

robertbj
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
There is a gathering of boats on the Hardy Dam Pond in Michigan every year, the weekend after Labor Day. It is mostly drag boats and tunnels but a few V’s show up for the fun. Rumor has it that the local law enforcement looks the other way this weekend on the 55mph max speed limit. There are no hotels, and very few motels around, but lots of campgrounds and launch ramps along the lake. I don’t know of any sponsored events, just a lot of boating fun to be had. I plan to be there on Saturday but it goes on all weekend if you like. Hope to see some of you there.
Bob

robertbj
09-14-2009, 04:37 PM
It was a great party. The Michigan weather smiled on us with a picture perfect weekend. The lake is about 23 miles long with a lot of curves. I was wrong about the number of V-boats that attend. I would say about 50 / 50 V-bottoms to tunnels and drags. I only saw 3 Donzi’s on Saturday but there could have been more. I almost didn’t see the one Donzi because of all the body’s on top of it. Attached are some pic’s from my boat. This site (http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140885) has some more by a member named pyro.

Sweet Cheekz
09-14-2009, 05:55 PM
I saw 6 Donzi's including yours which was sweet Fun time
SC

robertbj
09-14-2009, 08:23 PM
I saw 6 Donzi's including yours which was sweet Fun time
SC

What boat were you on?

Sweet Cheekz
09-14-2009, 09:21 PM
This one

robertbj
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Bummer!!! I wanted to see that boat of yours. You must have been in one of those big groups of boats and hard to see. Have you been to the Hardy Party before? It was the first time I had been there. Wow, what a party.
Bob

Sweet Cheekz
09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Bob
I was tied off to the 41 Saber Wicked Won in case you heard him crank it up a few times I grew up boating on Hardy and have had a few boats up for this particular weekend Fun place
Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
09-20-2009, 12:55 PM
I didn't take any but there was a chit load of fast boats I saw on oso a whole bunch of pics
SC

robertbj
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
We should have a Michigan M.A.D.C.O.W. gathering the same time and place as the Hardy Party. Wataya say? We could stake a claim on the beach at the party cove to line up some Donzi’s.
I’d be great fun. :)
Bob

Sweet Cheekz
09-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I will be there next year with a minimum of 4 Donzis Great time
Parnell

Tony
09-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I was there with my son and my Ski Sporter about 6 years ago...and had a great time. Put up a post mid to late next summer and I bet you would get a good response. It's a nice lake and a good party.

Jeff and Brad from Whitehall/Montegue are real close, there are probably 3 or 4 guys from the Grand Rapids area that woul likely come, plus the guy from Morrison Lake with the sweet older Ski Sporter that I hope to meet some day soon!

:beer: