PDA

View Full Version : GT V-Drive pics...

Tony
01-07-2004, 07:33 PM
This boat is listed in the For Sale section, with a thorough description. It sure looks like a sweet setup. The picture of the stern was corrupted, I'll try to get the seller to e-mail me another one. Someone ought to scoop this up...I just wish it were me!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsporer432.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsporer420.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsporer424.jpg

MOP
01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Very sanitary, the photos will get a few thinking!

oldLenny
01-07-2004, 07:53 PM
WOW!!! eek! eek! eek!

To think I could take my windshield off of the GT downstairs, spend about another 40 grand and get that!!! AWESOME!!!

MOP
01-07-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm with you Lenny a shield would make it look even better, hot boat even without.

oldLenny
01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
MOP, I said take it OFF my boat, not on. This looks better to me.

gjohns6896
01-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Stupid question time...what is that little "cut-out" on the Starboard side of the deck? It looks like a step TO the deck. Have I just answered my own Q?

Cheers,
George

P.S. Not that I AM selling my 18...but IF I did, would anyone be interested? It is a 1992 350/OMC, etc., white with red stripes.

oldLenny
01-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Gjohns6896, that is the "sub dash area that is covered by the "fake" naugahide impregnated dash glass piece. That forms the bottom, left and right of the glovebox. The dash piece is a pop rivetted add-on to this arrangement. This , to me, looks way cool. eek!

Now, my question for the likes of Bill S and Poodle and such, the "cleat" whatever things, there are two down each side of the hull, mine are broken, what were they? Pop up fender holders? WHAT?? I need a link to try and buy them somehow as I am not changing this thing. I want to know what was there in 1972...Thanx :D This deck has NOTHING extra on it. I don't want to change that.

Jack Frost
01-08-2004, 07:29 AM
very nice boat! nice power plant too!
I'm suprised Mattyboy has not jumped in on the lack of windshield ??? or on the 1972 18 with a windshield???

Mattyboy what's the matter your fingers frostbitten???? eek!

Jack

McGary911
01-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Agreed......that is nice. Didn't GT 21s come with a center console? Or was that an option? I always thought the console made them look very very badass......Hope someone can pick this up!

oldLenny
01-08-2004, 12:36 PM
McGary911. There was a picture on the registry about 2 1/2 years ago of a blue one (dark) with a white interior and stand up center console. Rocket launchers etc. It was VERY pretty, inboard/outboard etc. I was not a stock offering but in this lay-up it was very nice. Not an el Pescador either. Or Hornet.I can not find the pics, I don't think it was a registered boat. It was a picture snapped up by someone I believe. It was sitting, tied up to the end of a service dock or something.

Maybe the super snoops can dig it up. I can't remember if it was in FLA or the Carolinas, but I believe it was one of those two areas.

ToonaFish
01-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Gorgeous boat, but could we organize a rescue party to get it off that trailer?

Bunches,

Celene 'member in good standing, SPCD'

McGary911
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
aha! like this LINK to GT - 21 (http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2D8.jpg)

I recall seeing a white console somewhere too?

The above is from Rick's GT -21 with twins. Beautiful, and still for sale by the looks of it.

Speed-Racer
01-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Cool GT!

olredalert
01-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Lenny,

-----They are,indeed,pop-up cleats for fenders. If yours are broken,I think you are out of luck! They can be rechromed if they arent in too bad a shape. If you look at the bottom side there should be some sign of a screw that when removed allows the seperation of the two pieces. I have looked all over for those puppies new and cant find them anywhere. Even if you do find them in some far away place they were all pot-metal,and go bad when anywhere near salt in rapid order.
-----They appear to have been used from approximatly 1969 thru 1972 on a bunch of DONZIs but not all of them,as I have seen some boats that were original without any sign of them ever being installed.
-----All the 21GTs I ever saw had the dash cap and lower console as well as windshield. Im pretty sure this boat started life as a windshield boat. The windshields were notoriously fragile and more than one owner has probably become agitated enough to yank them off. I feel the same about the other V-drive 21GT now in N.J. owned by TP but he claims no!
-----Im not sure the question was asked but the only 21 hull I know about that was ever made as a center console fishing machine was for Roy Farmer. He wanted one for his fishing camp in the keys.Dont think they ever made another,but Roy was right in the thick of things to get the 24 El Pescador developed for the very same reason........Bill S

mattyboy
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
definetly a unique ride and I love the look of the windshieldless deck,That console is for a twin so a single screw won't look so cool but still I like the console any way.

Hey Jack my fingers are fine well except for this middle one that won't bend, think there's a message there Jack :p eek! wink :D BTW what kinda boat to you have??

Matty

oldLenny
01-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Apparently I had "lost my mind momentarily". I found the pic I was referring to Bill, and no, it was never a GT21 to start with. Here it is and it is the St Tropez I saw 3 years ago in the registry. (hit me, some thing went wrong there for a moment :D ) Interesting tho, I didn't know that there was a GT21 fish boat made. Even one. Thanks for clearing that up. Also, my pop-up fender holders will have to go as they are not going to be of any use and certainly will NEVER look any better. The screw on piece is missing on all 4.

http://www.donzi.net/hull/4962/BlueAngel06_3.jpg

TuxedoPk
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Bill,

As for my GT21 coming from the factory w/o a windshield, that was CDMA's discovery. He did spend quite a bit of time looking at this issue to verify it for his own knowlege. His comments would shed far more light than mine on this.

Rich

TuxedoPk
07-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Also, my pop-up fender holders will have to go as they are not going to be of any use and certainly will NEVER look any better. The screw on piece is missing on all 4.

Lenny- What did you replace the pop-up fender holders with? A few of my pop ups popped off.

Q. Does anyone have a source on the clamshell vents used on the GT? One of mine is missing.

Richard McCoy
07-04-2004, 04:27 PM
Saw a Donzi V Drive on HWY 75 Fla. just out of Tampa on Thursday. Did not have a rudder on it. Looked great.

olredalert
07-05-2004, 09:44 AM
------The owner lives a couple of miles from me here in St.Clair MI. He E-mailed me the other day and asked me if he should sell to someone as he was having sellers remorse, and I havent been able to get back to him yet, some thing I have been very, very bad about lately (many apologies to Roadtrip). Dont know if he sold it or not. He bought the boat without windshield, dash piece and guage console, and knows little of the boats history. He built the motor and though I cant remember the specifics I know it is well built and sounds mucho healthy. With that said, as it is a V-drive it is about a 60mph ride, I believe. If he still owns the boat by the time of the MADCOW event I know he will show up, if only for awhile.
------Marios Corsican had those pop-up cleats and I was able to replate them even though they are pot-metal. I have looked everywhere for those little buggers and have never been able to find them. They are pretty handy.............Bill S

Richard McCoy
07-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Pop-up fender holders 1.75 dia. s.s. on Ebay under Boats /Cleats