PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Penta SX package Brand New

Forrest
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
All parts have sold.

MOP
09-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Where was this when I did my 22 over????

Great package will out last a black package hands down!

lakeside
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
How hard would it be to fit this to an older Holman Moody setup? Mine is a 1967 16 with a 270 outdrive and a 302 engine with the H/M adapter from the engine to the outdrive.

Robert

Forrest
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The SX uses the standard Alpha/Bravo transom cutout. Since you have a Volvo-Penta AQuamatic transom cutout, you will either have to fill, re-glass, and re-cut your existing transom which is what I recommend, or use an adaptor that Volvo-Penta makes for doing the conversion. The AQ to SX adaptor is made of cast aluminum and last time I checked, which was a number of years ago, was priced near a grand - which may actually be the cheapest, and by far the least labor intensive way to go.

The H/M adaptor that you mention is actually a Volvo-Penta Aquamatic bellhousing. That item would be replaced with the SX bellhousing, which the one I have here is for a Chevrolet block. You would need to find an SX bellhousing that would fit a small-block Ford which could be purchased new or probably found on eBay, eventually.

Thanks MOP, I agree.

lakeside
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I was just curious how hard it would be to go this route. I would like power tilt and trim but can't justify the expense when mine is currently working. Also I was wondering does anyone use 302/Ford as their power plant anymore seems like everyone has gone to GM. Are my choices either swapping engine and drive or sticking with the old 270 - 290 drives?

Thanks,
Robert

Forrest
09-17-2009, 03:18 PM
By far, the easiest route is to stick with the Volvo-Penta AQ 250-290 and the Ford small block. If you do, be sure to hook up with Big Grizzly for a special Solas prop that he had his hand in on the development. It's the ONLY prop to have for your current Volvo AQ setup.

BTW there is nothing wrong with having a Ford small block in a 16 Donzi. It also has the advantage that it weighs less than a small-block Chevrolet, and IMO, less weight is better than more HP in a 16.

MDonziM
09-17-2009, 06:47 PM
By far, the easiest route is to stick with the Volvo-Penta AQ 250-290 and the Ford small block. If you do, be sure to hook up with Big Grizzly for a special Solas prop that he had his hand in on the development. It's the ONLY prop to have for your current Volvo AQ setup. BTW there is nothing wrong with having a Ford small block in a 16 Donzi. It also the advantage that it weighs less than a small-block Chevrolet, and IMO, less weight is better than more HP in a 16.

It was a long time ago, before gps, but I dont think my 67' 16 was much faster with a 310 hp 350 than the 280 hp or so 289. I agree.

f_inscreenname
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I was just curious how hard it would be to go this route. I would like power tilt and trim but can't justify the expense when mine is currently working. Also I was wondering does anyone use 302/Ford as their power plant anymore seems like everyone has gone to GM. Are my choices either swapping engine and drive or sticking with the old 270 - 290 drives?

Thanks,
Robert

You can always find a 280 T (they are still around) shield and that will give you what you want. Install is as simple as changing the transom shield and hooking everything you have back up to it.

nitz
10-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Do you still have this outdrive? If so please call me at 321-795-4586. Thanks, Mark.

nitz
10-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Forrest, My friend Mike is still on the fence about buying your SX. He's worried about the gear ratio. I have a SX duoprop, but I need the stuff to hook it up to my motor (i had a 290DP). Would you sell me the bell housing, steering, coupler, and throttle? If so how much? Thanks, Mark.

Forrest
10-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I would perfer not to break off the small parts without selling the drive and transom assembly, but that's not set in stone. I'll think about it and PM you soon, and thank you for your offer.

BTW, what ratio is your frind trying to replace? You know, there is not a huge difference between a 1.51:1 and a 1.43:1. Probably one prop size, if even, on a decent 350.

Maybe BigGrizz or someone can chime in here.

nitz
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't know what ratio he has currently. I do know his motor is a 350 vortec carb. motor. He is the kind of guy that takes a long time to make a decision.

Let me know what you decide. Thanks, Mark.

Forrest
10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Parts are priced separately now. See first post.

Jack Housik
10-31-2009, 03:00 AM
Do you still have these parts?
I need the SX outdrive and the Transom assembly.
Please let me know
Jack
818-482-8166

NOTE: I have decide to price everything separately since I have had requests for individual parts. This current pricing supersedes any previous pricing.

Now you can buy only what you need.

Brand new never used complete Volvo-Penta outdrive package:

* Volvo-Penta SX outdrive with 1.43.1 gear ratio (can be retrofitted to DPS Duo-Prop) - $2700
* Volvo-Penta SX/DPS transom & inside boat assembly with power-trim rams. - $1250
* Volvo-Penta SX/DPS Chevrolet bell housing with lower cover. - $150
* Volvo-Penta SX/DPS power steering unit. - $250
* Volvo-Penta SX/DPS power trim pump. - $250
* Volvo-Penta SX/DPS Chevrolet coupler for one-piece seal Chevrolet engine. - $150
* Volvo-Penta Throttle/Shift assembly, behind bulkhead flush mount. - $100

All price plus shipping and will I will split Paypal cost (1.5%) if used.

As you probably alread know these prices are exceptionally low prices for brand-new Volvo-Penta parts.

Also, in about week or so, I will be moving these parts to eBay and the prices there will be higher to cover eBay and PayPal costs.

Stock photo with engine shown - Actual photos of items to be posted soon.
383 stroker engine available in another listing (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59146).