PDA

View Full Version : Work Is Done, Time To Play

Carl C
09-07-2009, 08:34 AM
The weather is going bad in southern Michigan so I am taking the boat up to the cabin in Oscoda. Going to try Lake Huron for a couple of days. Happy holiday to all here and be safe, as will I, see y'all in a couple of days.

Bamboo Loui
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Have fun-be safe:wink: I used to play in Georgian Bay.

Carl C
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Have fun-be safe:wink: I used to play in Georgian Bay.

Had a good run from Oscoda to Alpena and back. This light marks the entrance to the Thunder River and the harbor at Alpena. The locals call it Sputnik. It was built in 1914. Georian Bay looks awesome but so out of reach for my little boat. I do want to tow to Cheboygan and check out Mackinac Island and the Straits and also go into the North Channel part of Lake Huron. That's the far north part of Lake Huron; North of Manitoulin Island, which is the world's largest fresh water island. Georgian Bay is to the far right (east) of lake Huron. It all looks so big. I have to take it in baby steps!

Bamboo Loui
09-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks like you had a great trip--its a long haul but I think I would drive to Georgian Bay then boat -- really beautiful-- you almost need a guide to get the best out of it- spots to stop, sites to see, etc

realbold
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Nice trip Carl. I have property on the Cheboygan River. If I ever get my boat back together I'll be headin up there too. Heck, I miss St Clair.