PDA

View Full Version : Minx Spotted Heading to Vol Navy

RedDog
09-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Heading to the Vol Navy for the UT - Western KY game I came upon a Minx I had never seen before. I had heard about it before - heard that it had big power. I tried talking to the driver while idling up to the raft-off but talking has difficult over his dry pipes. Did catch that it powered by a 502 but I doubt it is stock.

PS - the game was the beginning of a new era for TN football. Completely new staff and I have never seen so many freshman on the field at one time. Some REALLY talented freshmen

UT - 63. WKU - 7

Barry Eller
09-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Heading to the Vol Navy for the UT - Western KY game I came upon a Minx I had never seen before. I had heard about it before - heard that it had big power. I tried talking to the driver while idling up to the raft-off but talking has difficult over his dry pipes. Did catch that it powered by a 502 but I doubt it is stock.
PS - the game was the beginning of a new era for TN football. Completely new staff and I have never seen so many freshman on the field at one time. Some REALLY talented freshmen
UT - 63. WKU - 7
My wife, Denise, is a UT graduate. My life is SO much better when the Vols win! GO VOLS!!!

Nice Minx...sounds...

WA-LO
09-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Thats David Dickey, the Minx used to be my brothers, it has a stout 502
with Gil exhaust. Hes a real nice guy lives up on the lake in louisville
Tn. Its funny Im up here in Knoxville at my moms and wanted to get
the WA-LO out to the lake but I had to much to do so mabe next year.

cutwater
09-06-2009, 08:34 PM
I've met him before. I had just finished telling the mechanic at Travis that there probably wasn't another Minx in Knoxville, when David pulls into the gas station across the street :).

He also has a 35 Cig Mistress...

WA-LO
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
That minx and my dads 18 were bought at Travis in 87.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
We saw the minx also. What an awesome sounding boat. I also tried to talk but it was waaaay to loud to hear anyones voice.

We were watching the game on tv,not planning on going, but about 4 minutes into the second quarter I got the "donzi itch" and dropped the boat into the water and headed to the game. A boat ride and college football in the same event, Ain't life great in the south.

RickR
09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
David's (Big D) other boat is "The Extractor" a 35' Cigarette.

WA-LO
Didn't Mark have a 540 or 572 in the Minx at one time. He told me it would do over a ton (100mph)?:shocking:

How is he doing?

WA-LO
09-09-2009, 09:02 AM
It had a 572 in it a few years back it would do about 94, according to a
guy that has a 25 blown eliminator that we raced on the lake his
eliminator was good for 108 on gps. He never got it set up before he
sold it to david it chine walked real bad, I told him until he got it worked
out I wasnt riding in it again!! Plus the 572 was real hard on bravos.
David had the 502 built there locally and it runs and sounds real nice.