PDA

View Full Version : bravoIII props on BLackhawk

younger
09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Does any one know what mods are required to run bravo III props on a blackhawk? Also could they be modified to be as efficient as the original blackhawk props?

MOP
09-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Yup had three sets reworked, the problem is the BH bearing carrier is a little larger you nee to cut slightly over 3/16" out of the inside hub area. Machine shop out by me hit me for $70 a pop, pretty reasonable. I ran them for one season until I switched drives, if you play with that drive you will love it.

Phil

thriller
09-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Why would you want to? just curious?

MOP
09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I am hoping you are raising the X on the 16, man with your mill and a Blackhawk it will be a fright machine! Stevie's 18 with a stock 300 sneaks up very close to 80!

younger
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
The main reason is due to the limited blackhawk props around. I have just about every pitch available in bravo III . Yes Phil This may be my winter project if everything pans out. I was planning on this when the new motor went in last spring, but the parts I have been trying to round up have been hard to find. I think that this is probably the best route if I plan to get any more controllable speed. We are on the fringe of the alpha. What gear do you think would be best with what prop set. How did the bravo III props work compaired to the blackhawk props.

MOP
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
I never tried the BH wheels on mine but did some research and a lot of BSing with my buddy at the prop shop, he said the wheels had decent meat and could be worked over to lose some of the stern lift. My best results were mixing sizes, the rear prop was in my case 2" higher pitch. I ended up with a 22 front and a 24 back, boat ran great but developed to much stern lift for top end. The mid range was noticeably better then then with the Bravo I have now, I was just under three MPH faster at 3200. Switching to the Bravo I gained about 8mph top end and lost a little hole shot and mid range. You will be some happy with the handling, it is like riding rails. I think the BH on a 16 is a natural and will surprise many!

Phil